• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question about new chat feature

DeletedUser

With the implementation of chat, is there also going to be some kind of signal showing when players are online?

DeletedUser3052

on the UK (en) and beta (zz) servers, I had seen it only on the neighborhood scale where it shows the status of a person that joins or leaves chat. I am guessing when the person presses the button to open chat and again to close it.

DeletedUser

I still don't want to be visible to my neighbors. Frankly I'd prefer it if there were just "Guild Chat" and everything else stayed messages, bt that's not my decision.

DeletedUser

If we're asking questions, what if I want to whisper message someone who hasn't already posted a chat? The Announcements page said that if you want to whisper message, you click on a username from someone's post and then type your message...

DeletedUser

The best way to know if someone is online, is if they chat on the chatbox =D

DeletedUser

Ummm... Shouldn't this thread be moved to Questions & Guides? This doesn't look like a proposal, more like a question.

DeletedUser

You are correct, I was kind of hoping it was heading to a proposal but I can see that it isn't.

moving the thread, please keep your hands and feet inside the bus.

DeletedUser3407

Chat question: How will the chat be moderated? Do we have to self moderate? meaning blow the whistle every time someone goes too far by creating a ticket or is there a system in place to watch this? thanks.

DeletedUser2145

There is a report function along with the chat, so all you have to do is right click on the person and report them to give us the signal.

DeletedUser2783

I was chatting with a fellow guild member and a strange pop up happened telling me had I ignored him. I couldn't see his posts, then. I tried to go to settings to UNignore (this game's term) my fellow and found no one on my "Ignore List". Please advize.

- - - Updated - - -

I was chatting with a fellow guild member and a strange pop up happened telling me had I ignored him. I couldn't see his posts, then. I tried to go to settings to UNignore (this game's term) my fellow and found no one on my "Ignore List". Please advize. I probably right clicked in error!

- - - Updated - - -

I was chatting with a fellow guild member when I accidentally "ignored" him. I see that by right clicking,it sends a signal. I was told to go to settings (aspot I'd never visited) but found NO ONE on my Ignore List. I am supposed to "UNignore" (the game's term) this fellow there, but ... please advize

DeletedUser2145

The ignore toward him has been removed now, though for future reference: "However, be careful who you ignore. To reverse an Ignore, you will need to file a Support ticket and request staff assistance."

It was part of the announcement that flew in-game today. :)