• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question on RQs

wontn23

So I am in LMA doing 2 RQs. I have been aborting all the requests until I get to the "Gather 40000 supplies", "Gather 35000 coins".

My question is: Do the other RQs offering the random reward also have that one chance to earn diamonds? Ex: "build 2 hampers", "Brew many barrels of beer", etc..

-Chen-

Just to piggyback on the OP's question, I'm in the same age, doing the same recurring quests, but my question is if the 24 hour production rewards are any better than the coins/supplies rewards, or is it the same rotation of the same size rewards?

I've been sticking with just the coins/supplies quests cuz I can flip them 10+ times a day, but now that I have two recurring quests at a time, if the 24 hour production rewards are better, I'll put down a couple of the cooperage buildings and do both types of quests.

Lady Gato

Another piggyback to the OP's question -- I know collecting on time protects you from getting plundered. But how do you do that and do the RQ at the same time? Do you stagger the time for collection so you have time to change the RQ to match your collection? For example, 6000 coins collection in IA = your buildings all finish for coins at 10 am and your meat skewers/cheese wheels finish to collect at 10:10 am giving you more than enough time to rotate your RQ to the correct quest. I know, I know I am nitpicking here but I can see problems with me collecting on time while flipping thru to the correct quest.

Agent327

Just to piggyback on the OP's question, I'm in the same age, doing the same recurring quests, but my question is if the 24 hour production rewards are any better than the coins/supplies rewards, or is it the same rotation of the same size rewards?

Same rotation, same size rewards in every age.

Another piggyback to the OP's question -- I know collecting on time protects you from getting plundered. But how do you do that and do the RQ at the same time? Do you stagger the time for collection so you have time to change the RQ to match your collection? For example, 6000 coins collection in IA = your buildings all finish for coins at 10 am and your meat skewers/cheese wheels finish to collect at 10:10 am giving you more than enough time to rotate your RQ to the correct quest. I know, I know I am nitpicking here but I can see problems with me collecting on time while flipping thru to the correct quest.

You don't bother about it. Rotating your RQ's will create time between collecting anyhow.

DevaCat

I've been sticking with just the coins/supplies quests cuz I can flip them 10+ times a day, but now that I have two recurring quests at a time, if the 24 hour production rewards are better, I'll put down a couple of the cooperage buildings and do both types of quests.
I'm in the same age; mine are set to 24 hours to increase chances of getting them motivated. I put down a few coopers simply to get the diamonds reward associated with them.

Farfle the smelly

I’ve gotten in the habit that when I first go to my city in the morning, I open up RQ *before actually collecting. It’s saved my behind a ton! Learned it from Liliana The Magnificent on YouTube.

She also cycles through the quests when she’s on the tech tree. I haven’t done that yet though because I found her too late. I’m camping in Iron for quite some time. /-:

wontn23

Yes. Same chances per random reward. That is why I am doing the the collecting quests. The brewers and coopers take up too much space for 24 hour quests. The same as you, I could get 10+ flips a day. I also have blacksmiths and alchemists to help with those 15min, 1hour, 4hour, 8hour, challenge/quests. Takes up less space. I recently upgraded my city so I am going to keep 2 brewery's and 2 cooperages on the 24 hour quests until I hit diamonds, the others are alchemists and blacksmiths.

wontn23

Of course I'm in LMA, and we have 2 RQs so the amounts are different. I have found that you should concentrate on collecting your FP, Medals, and Goods on time because they are plunder targets. I know that as experience as a plunderer. :D Everybody's schedule is different as far as how they often they are online for collections. Believe it or not I can cycle thru 15 min collection (were talking about supplies) to rack up the points to hit the next RQ limit. The hardest part is to time the collection of my GB's and SBs to time the collections without wasting extra coin/supplies.

I just reread your question, my understanding now is that you only have 1 RQ., (well that s ) I would somehow delay some collections in order to give you more time to collect before the next collection. Sorry for the confusion at first.

wontn23

I'm in the same age; mine are set to 24 hours to increase chances of getting them motivated. I put down a few coopers simply to get the diamonds reward associated with them.

I use my tavern boosts to increase the amount of collections. I hate seeing motivations going to my coin and supply providers before my SBs.

DevaCat

I use my tavern boosts to increase the amount of collections. I hate seeing motivations going to my coin and supply providers before my SBs.
I use tavern boosts as well. I never see motivations go to coin/supply providers before my SBs. Coins I get from GBs, SBs and SoKs -- I have no houses. Occasionally the Train doesn't get a motivation -- my cue to cull the friends list. If anything isn't getting motivated, it's the supply buildings, and setting them to 24 hours helps get them motivated after all else has been motivated.

Since I have the two RQ slots (LMA) I select the collect coins and collect supplies quests and start with GBs, then SBs and then SoKs. Each time I complete one or the other, I do a UBQ on the way to resetting the original collect quest. At some point I will do a spend FP quest or two. And once that's all done I will collect the LoA and trigger it's bonus. That's when I will have collect supplies selected as I select and do one of the supplies production variants. With motivations, LoA bonus and tavern boosts supplies haven't been a problem. With a CF I'm being well rewarded for the RQs I do, and don't need goods producers.

With fighting, negotiating, sniping, investing, aiding and trading -- and 3 other cities -- doing 15 minute cycles just doesn't make sense for me. If I was to spend that kind of time and attention, it would be in babysitting the Vikings. :)

wontn23

I don't do it all the time. :) Only when I'm sitting at the computer or doing other things and then I can check back in 15. Usually I have 1/4/8 or day productions set, depending on my schedule.