• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions about "buying" stuff

DeletedUser40527

Been reading the forums a bit, and I've come across people mentioning that you can "buy" different things like FP, goods, etc. Just wondering how this is done. I know you can you directly buy FP with coins, but doesn't that become cost prohibitive at some point since the cost goes up with each successive purchase? Or is there a cap on the cost. I've also seen posts about buying FP with goods. I assume this is done via trading with other players? Not sure how exactly this is done. And is there a way to "buy" goods, or is trading on the market the only way (or building your own goods building). And is there a way to just give other players things directly, like coins or goods?

Goth Almighty

I know you can you directly buy FP with coins, but doesn't that become cost prohibitive at some point since the cost goes up with each successive purchase?

Yep, my current cost is 112,000 coins for 1 fp.

I've also seen posts about buying FP with goods. I assume this is done via trading with other players? Not sure how exactly this is done.

You can trade FPs for goods but only indirectly. First, you find a friend or mate who has the goods you want. Then agree to a price in fps for those goods. Then you dump those fps on your friend's gbs. Next, you have to set up "unfair" trades at the market. That means you offer whatever cheap goods you have no need for, for the goods you want. Always get twice as many goods as you give away. So, you see, to trade for goods, you have to give fps and goods.

DeletedUser

How does one trade coins for FPs? I have a lot of coins that I would be interested in trading for FPs.
Click/tap on the plus sign on the right of the FP bar and a window will pop up with a row of options. The one on the left (and on the top row on PC) gives you the option to buy FP with coins...but only if you have 9 or less on your bar. Once you get to 10 FP, you'll have to spend some to buy more.

DeletedUser38613

How does one trade coins for FPs? I have a lot of coins that I would be interested in trading for FPs.
personally, unless it's for a special even that you really want to do (not the daily challenge) then you should buy FP. Otherwise, I would never do so just to speed up your tech process or GB process. The game isn't going anywhere so definetely don' rush it. It will become expensive really quickly. And from what I've seen, after a certain point, you'll be grinding for coin just to pay for FP. This is especially true if your in the lower ages (again, from what I have seen, read and heard).

DeletedUser

Here's a funny story. On S world, I just spent about 600 million coins buying FP to lock in first place on some Arcs belonging to players on my friends list. Two of them sent me messages telling me not to donate to their Arcs anymore. Apparently I had messed up their arrangements. So I said, "No problem" and promptly hit the "remove friend" button.

Goth Almighty

Here's a funny story. On S world, I just spent about 600 million coins buying FP to lock in first place on some Arcs belonging to players on my friends list. Two of them sent me messages telling me not to donate to their Arcs anymore. Apparently I had messed up their arrangements. So I said, "No problem" and promptly hit the "remove friend" button.

Why did you remove them from your friends list?

IngeJones

It can sometimes be a nuisance when someone unexpectedly puts FP on a GB. For example, I might have already advertised my GB on swap threads so I am expecting 50FP from another guild mate any moment, then if someone else puts 10FP on unexpectedly, the person who was going to put on 50FP will either accidentally level it up, or they will have to hang on to their FP until I have replied to their message asking me what to do with the extra. If you really want to place loads of FP on a GB without an arrangement in place, the best time to do it is soon after it last levelled up, while there is still a long way to go. Then the owner has time to make other arrangements

Agent327

What does that have to do with the OP? You are only directing things offtopic.

DeletedUser31499

There is a tool that will calculate how many fp you can buy with x amount of coins. With 600 million coins I can only buy 2500 fp. At the moment 1 fp costs me 170,000 coins.