• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Quests that give advanced aged troops

testit12345

I stopped negotiations on the map as a waste of goods to me. I hear different stories that you get more and better-advanced troops through negotiations then fighting as you move up obviously I want better troops any thoughts. I am headed towards the contemporary map currently and am in Progressive have made great use of the modern and post modern troops would love to continue getting the 2 age up troops. I have only been getting 2 different troops I have friend who are getting 2 of each troops 2 ages up that would be worth buying my way on the map but if I can get them fighting I would rather Thanks :)

mamboking053

The story lines of some ages have multiple paths and the path you take is decided by your actions on the map- the order of provinces you take, whether you fight at all, or whether you negotiate. This can lead to one person getting some units and another person getting another type of unit in the progression through the story line.

You can go here to find out where you are and work out what you will have to do in order to get certain types of units. I do not think that you can get every type of advanced age unit of any particular age from the story line, but sometimes it gives you many different types.

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Story_Quests

Jern2017

Hi, former guildmate in Dunarsund!

You can get seven Bazooka Teams and two Battle Tanks, Paratroopers and Mechanized Infantry from the Modern Era questline.

You can get five Commandos and a PME Champion from the Postmodern Era questline. Some people also seem able to get MG Teams, but I'm already on the CE continent map, so I'm probably out of luck. After you complete the quest that gives you a Champion, you get to a tech block which requires you to research the last PME tech to continue the story. That means you cannot get more quests until you've researched that tech, which will then push you into the CE questline. I think you can stay in the PME and continue with the CE questline, but you'd be at the very end of the PME research tree.

testit12345

I missed the champ but got the commandos and Bazooka's :) I guess what one gets really does depend on what they do which is why the threads showing the rewards have many ?? for random rewards. It is fun getting those finally fighting all of GE. Thank all :)

DeletedUser37346

Hmm...I was at story quest #15 Paint it Black. Then the story quests skipped right over #16 Ships in the Night for the 4 commandos. What did I do wrong? There were no alternate story quests.

DeletedUser37346

I had been going straight up the West Coast, and did not do any sectors in Car Chet Nui. I had to negotiate all sectors in May Mat Dat as I couldn't win any battles there.