• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quicker troop movement in and out of Attacking Army section for mobile apps

JimCougar

What would you think of an option on the mobile app in the Army Management section that would allow us to just click on a military unit and it would immediately jump up in or out of the Attacking Army section like it does on the PC version?

Currently mobile users have to drag the military unit up to the Attacking Army. If we click directly onto that military unit a window jumps open displaying its name, age of that unit, fighting and defense stats, attack/defense bonuses, abilities, the Add or Remove unit from Attack Army, Add or Remove from City Defense, Heal button and the Delete key button. While in that window if you click on the Add or Remove unit from Attack Army button that unit will indeed just jump up to the Attack Army or immediately jump off if you tapped on that button for an injured military unit that was still on the Attacking Army.

We just need an Attacking Army option for all the military units that will allow us to immediately add or subtract units to and from the Attacking Army without having to drag it in or out or have to open its window to tap on the Add/Subtract Attacking Army button.

It would speed up the fighting abilities of mobile players tremendously and give mobile users the same ability that PC users currently enjoy with this ability.

Agent327

What would you do with the window that jumps open displaying its name, age of that unit, fighting and defense stats, attack/defense bonuses, abilities, the Add or Remove unit from Attack Army, Add or Remove from City Defense, Heal button and the Delete key button. Where is that info supposed to go?

JimCougar

Nt an app player, but don't you open those by clicking?
Correct. What we would like though is the option to just click on the unit and the military unit would automatically be transferred in and out of the Attacking Army roster. Right now when we click the abilities window opens.

Emberguard

If you click on the "i" yes, but as in other places clicking on the icon performs a different function.
So clicking in the wrong spot is possible.
If a “i” button were put on the individual unit, the big question is what would be the margin of error for clicking on the intended spot once implemented?

I agree I absolutely love the desktop solution. But desktop has a mouse to hover with. If the mobile interface used the same function it would be rather frustrating if each time I go to click “i” it moves the unit to attacking / standby. Likewise if I want to move the unit location I don’t want the popup getting in the way.

If it’s implemented well then it’d be a fantastic change. If it’s not implemented correctly then it’d be a endless source of frustration

I suspect it’d need to be a strip on the top of the unit rather than a round button in order to give enough space to reliably click on the correct spot

GeniePower

Since the info is not used while in a hurry, I would suggest putting the info behind a long-click. Those little info buttons are annoying too imo, the few times I negotiate on mobile I always missclick on them

Pobcak1984

So clicking in the wrong spot is possible.
Yes it is, however that is always a possibility in any game with any function. I also recognize that the space for mobile is limited and file size smaller because of the limits of device memory so implementation of it may not be possible. I was offering a possible solution posed by your question.

JimCougar

It would be up to the programmers to figure out how to implement it. Just as long as they can completely understand the additional function that we are talking about for the mobile app here. Can anyone state what I am asking for more succinctly than I have? If so, please contribute. Thanks everyone for your input so far!