• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ragequits of dilmun

Dursland

1 more ragequit and another guy switched his city to all unplunderables - event buildings, wishing wells. lol. Not a bad move.

Now to see what the hood rotation brings on Monday. I'll be moving to EMA hood and aging up to HMA on Tuesday so should be more fun to be had.

Angry.Blanket

What is it that makes people want to make other players not want to play?
Collect on time?, I am probably on more than 90% of the players and I cant collect on time, I do have to pee and poop and other things that requires me to move away form the computer.

Ebeondi Asi

What is it that makes people want to make other players not want to play?
Collect on time?, I am probably on more than 90% of the players and I cant collect on time, I do have to pee and poop and other things that requires me to move away form the computer.
"Collect on time" s having all City bits at 24 hrs. then you collect everything all at once. usually using the Five Diamond collect button.
No one is using the words collect on time to mean anything else. (asidefrom hecklers)

Ironrooster

"Collect on time" s having all City bits at 24 hrs. then you collect everything all at once. usually using the Five Diamond collect button.
No one is using the words collect on time to mean anything else. (asidefrom hecklers)
Unfortunately, the 24 hour timer generally results in slippage. That is, I collect today at 8am, but tomorrow it's 8:10am or 8:30am. Then the next day it slips again. Eventually it slips to where I can't collect "on time" since the time is no longer near the time when I play.

Instead of a 24 hour cycle a 21 hour cycle would be a more user friendly approach. But that's not what we have.

Of course, once you have a few event buildings that need to be aided to produce and some GB's (and some other buildings) that can't be plundered, the problem largely goes away.

Angry.Blanket

Yes they are meaning collect immediately when they are ready, I cant do that

Ebeondi Asi

Unfortunately, the 24 hour timer generally results in slippage. That is, I collect today at 8am, but tomorrow it's 8:10am or 8:30am. Then the next day it slips again. Eventually it slips to where I can't collect "on time" since the time is no longer near the time when I play.
The time slip is true.Over the span of one year my time has slipped from 10AM to 10PM usually a minute or so every two days. bu a few lapses now and then jerk it around even more. I agree a shorter than 24 hours would be nice. But I would only cut it say.. 5 minutes. So a 23hr 55m day for collections. there are 4hr (6 a day) and 8 hr (3 a day) so maybe tweve minutes would be the best: 23hr 48m day so 8hr would shave 4m each. 4hr shave 2m?

Pericles the Lion

The time slip is true.Over the span of one year my time has slipped from 10AM to 10PM usually a minute or so every two days. bu a few lapses now and then jerk it around even more. I agree a shorter than 24 hours would be nice. But I would only cut it say.. 5 minutes. So a 23hr 55m day for collections. there are 4hr (6 a day) and 8 hr (3 a day) so maybe tweve minutes would be the best: 23hr 48m day so 8hr would shave 4m each. 4hr shave 2m?
We all know the easy solution is put up a city shield (if you're worried about plunders) and postpone collecting until your preferred time. This really doesn't need INNO's involvement.

Ironrooster

We all know the easy solution is put up a city shield (if you're worried about plunders) and postpone collecting until your preferred time. This really doesn't need INNO's involvement.
Except that the shield costs 9000 tavern silver for a day (or 24000 for 3 days). This is more than most of us can generate and/or collect in a day even with a full up Friends Tavern and 140 friends.

Plus the shield takes up one boost slot and the other boost slot costs 50 diamonds (plus the cost in Tavern Silver for the boost itself).

Pericles the Lion

Except that the shield costs 9000 tavern silver for a day (or 24000 for 3 days). This is more than most of us can generate and/or collect in a day even with a full up Friends Tavern and 140 friends.

Plus the shield takes up one boost slot and the other boost slot costs 50 diamonds (plus the cost in Tavern Silver for the boost itself).
Presuming that a player has a robust friend list another option is to use a Self-Aid kit on the plunderable buildings that cannot be polivated. Or, just postpone collection and roll the dice hoping that you won't get plundered. During a total of six game years, I've been plundered fewer than a dozen times.

Emberguard

You’re not requiring it daily, neither should the shield be expected to be a unlimited immunity. Realistically it’s a single tool at your disposal alongside other tools that can also be used in conjunction

Assuming the Tavern is finished upgrading - If you collect your tavern twice a day and visit as many friends as possible, you should be able to activate the shield once a week. That means just under half of each week you can‘t be attacked if you use your tavern on just the shield.

How often do you need to recalibrate the city productions on a 24-hr timer? If it’s slipping by more than a minute each time then you’re not really collecting on time, you’re delaying it for whatever reason that happens to be. Which yeah, life happens. But if you want to protect goods productions, then the closer you can get to being on time the less slippage you’ll have. Most other things aside from the odd exception should be protectable through Aid.

If it really that big of an issue collecting on time, I would just delete everything that can’t be Aided, replace them with things that can be Aided and use Recurring Quests for Goods Production instead.

Angry.Blanket

Presuming that a player has a robust friend list another option is to use a Self-Aid kit on the plunderable buildings that cannot be polivated. Or, just postpone collection and roll the dice hoping that you won't get plundered. During a total of six game years, I've been plundered fewer than a dozen times.
Once out of Iron Age it gets to be a non issue, it seems some like to camp in IA just to piss off new players and try to get them to quit the game,

Ironrooster

You’re not requiring it daily, neither should the shield be expected to be a unlimited immunity. Realistically it’s a single tool at your disposal alongside other tools that can also be used in conjunction

Assuming the Tavern is finished upgrading - If you collect your tavern twice a day and visit as many friends as possible, you should be able to activate the shield once a week. That means just under half of each week you can‘t be attacked if you use your tavern on just the shield.

I was responding to the suggestion of the city shield, pointing out that it was not a very useful solution for a fairly new city in the Iron Age.

The Lady Redneck

Once out of Iron Age it gets to be a non issue, it seems some like to camp in IA just to piss off new players and try to get them to quit the game,
That is not always the case. some IA campers park there because they know the game is long term and want to get as strong as possible BEFORE moving up. But yes there are some who stay in IA simply because they want to be bullies. But being a bully is as old as the game itself. When I first started playing this game Hoods were not age specific like they are now. You could be in BA or IA and have the top players in your world in the top 5 places in your hood. And they ALL attacked and plundered you unless you paid protection money in the form of FPs on their GBs. Back then the top age was Colonial and there were none of the bells and whistles available to new players like there are now. And you did not have the option to stay protected behind the military tactic tech like you have now. So your IA soldiers had to face musketeers and field guns. Then when Indy opened it was Jeagers and howitzers. attacking you But it did not make me want to quit, or wail in a corner or come sobbing to the Forum about the game being unfair, It made me (and those I was playing with) mad enough to want to get up there so we could knock the snot out of those bullies. And I have had the pleasure (still am) of doing just that. but I have also become friends with some of those bullies. If you are so thin skinned and wimpish that you cannot make the effort to overcome basic fighting in a game that requires you to fight. You should not be playing it.

Angry.Blanket

That is not always the case. some IA campers park there because they know the game is long term and want to get as strong as possible BEFORE moving up. But yes there are some who stay in IA simply because they want to be bullies. But being a bully is as old as the game itself. When I first started playing this game Hoods were not age specific like they are now. You could be in BA or IA and have the top players in your world in the top 5 places in your hood. And they ALL attacked and plundered you unless you paid protection money in the form of FPs on their GBs. Back then the top age was Colonial and there were none of the bells and whistles available to new players like there are now. And you did not have the option to stay protected behind the military tactic tech like you have now. So your IA soldiers had to face musketeers and field guns. Then when Indy opened it was Jeagers and howitzers. attacking you But it did not make me want to quit, or wail in a corner or come sobbing to the Forum about the game being unfair, It made me (and those I was playing with) mad enough to want to get up there so we could knock the snot out of those bullies. And I have had the pleasure (still am) of doing just that. but I have also become friends with some of those bullies. If you are so thin skinned and wimpish that you cannot make the effort to overcome basic fighting in a game that requires you to fight. You should not be playing it.
I'm talking about the guys with all 150 lvl GBs in IA, the ones that like to send messages to the little guys every time the neighborhood changes letting them know how bad its going to be.
It would be kinda fun to be able to get a little pay back on some of the bullies, sadly now you cant unless you are willing to stay IA for ever.

Emberguard

There are very few players in Ia with all 150 level GBs. LOL
I know not that many in SAJM with all Level150 GBs.

There are very few with L150 at all.

On the US world I play (Parkog) only 57 buildings at or above Lvl 150. Of those buildings 48 are The Arc.

Meaning if they have a Lvl 150 Great Building at all, chances are it’s only a single Great Building: only 9 buildings aren’t the Arc, and those remaining 9 buildings are split between Castel Del Monte, Arctic Oragnery and Chateau Frontenac

The chances of someone coming across a Lvl 150 Great Building at all are relatively slim, particularly if you’re not going out of your way to be in the places those kind of players would frequent. The chances of that Lvl 150+ having any effect on attacking stats is even lower.

Edit: If we were discussing having all Lvl 60-80 Great Buildings, then it’d be a far more realistic concern

Just taking the daily generated Forge Points, (24 Forge Points x 365 Days) would get you a Lvl 45 Zeus utilising 1.9. So it’s not unreasonable for a player to get Lvl 60 on multiple Great Buildings within a year if they’re getting all the Event Buildings and are active within Guild Battlegrounds.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

My Arc is 132 and the next lower is my AO at 111 , dropping to my Traz at 106. 150 + are rare in the world I am in as well. Most are the Arc with a few AO that I have seen in Q.