• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Random words

The Lady Redneck

And unlike normal buildings where you get some coin and supplies back when you delete them. You no return on the diamond ones. It is one of the first things I tell Newbies in a guild. Not to buy them as they are only of limited use in their age and just have to be deleted when they move up an Age.

The Lady Redneck

It is the newbies I feel really sorry for. One guy I know spent 3200 diamonds for IA villas. Thought that as the game said they were the top building it would be good through all ages.

Ebeondi Asi

It is the newbies I feel really sorry for. One guy I know spent 3200 diamonds for IA villas. Thought that as the game said they were the top building it would be good through all ages.
The one sort of advice I try to spread is: All advice must be looked at carefully! Players have to actually think about it and decide for themselves.
Gurus are wrong too....

Johnny B. Goode

The one sort of advice I try to spread is: All advice must be looked at carefully! Players have to actually think about it and decide for themselves.
Gurus are wrong too....
While what you say about advice is true, the "guy" that @The Lady Redneck was talking about wasn't relying on advice, he was relying on game wording. When you buy a package from the shop that includes premium buildings, they always say that they are the "best buildings for your age". What the "guy" did wrong was not read the entire sentence. That's a him problem, not a game or advice problem.

It would have been nice to let us know before hand that you can only delete them once you pay diamonds for them.
I'm kind of surprised that you have played as long as you have and just now figured this out. Specifically because the Longhouse that you are forced to buy in the tutorial is a Diamond building that you probably sold so long ago you just forgot that this is what happens.

Ebeondi Asi

The one single building you can never go wrong with and get really early on...Is :) Statue of Zeus. It will last your whole game from beginning to end.

Emberguard

Gurus are wrong too....
That’s also why it isn’t too bad an idea to hold off (heavy) buying until you have a decent grasp on what you’re doing unless you‘re willing to treat it as throwaway money. Even if it’s the absolute best building ever, when you’re new you have no way of knowing if you’re making the right moves or if you’re just wasting your money. Buying could potentially speed up the learning process by giving more resources to work with, but you are more likely to be inefficiently utilising those resources as a new player