• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recurring quest storyline MIA

MaranKarma

Storyline screen on recurring requests all say the same thing in SAT. Anyone else of the opinion that ALL storyline screens could be eliminated? Stories are boring & meaninglessness and they double the amount of clicks it takes to reset quests. Quests should stay on the one you just completed anyway, not make you click Abort 14 (14!) times to get back around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230916_132717_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916_132717_Forge of Empires.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 8

P C C

While I dislike the change, it's not as bad as described. There are different subclasses of RQs and now I've got diamonds from almost all of them the subclass generally tells me if I'm interested: 1 production (not interested), 2 Forge Point (yes), 2 combat (often), 3 city (often), and (rest) miscellaneous (no) as in the above example

MaranKarma

While I dislike the change, it's not as bad as described. There are different subclasses of RQs and now I've got diamonds from almost all of them the subclass generally tells me if I'm interested: 1 production (not interested), 2 Forge Point (yes), 2 combat (often), 3 city (often), and (rest) miscellaneous (no) as in the above example
I believe you misread my post. There's nothing wrong with the quests themselves, or the rewards. The problem is that the pre-screen that generally has a "story" is broken. It's a waste of time and repetitive clicks to ignore the stories when they are there. It's maddening to have to repeatedly click past a line of code.

Pericles the Lion

I believe you misread my post. There's nothing wrong with the quests themselves, or the rewards. The problem is that the pre-screen that generally has a "story" is broken. It's a waste of time and repetitive clicks to ignore the stories when they are there. It's maddening to have to repeatedly click past a line of code.
The missing text in the RQs has nothing to do with the need to abort unwanted RQs to get to the desired ones. Having to repeatedly click to get past the unwanted RQs is a player choice. I think that INNO's intention was to have players complete the challenges in order but they made it easy for us to skip ones we choose to ignore (up to 2000/day that is).

Angry.Blanket

The missing text in the RQs has nothing to do with the need to abort unwanted RQs to get to the desired ones. Having to repeatedly click to get past the unwanted RQs is a player choice. I think that INNO's intention was to have players complete the challenges in order but they made it easy for us to skip ones we choose to ignore (up to 2000/day that is).
I could be wrong but I think it creates and extra click on mobile ? One still has to wonder why Inno has chosen to skip the story?
Is this the direction the game is headed, will all the story quests eventually be this way?

P C C

I could be wrong but I think it creates and extra click on mobile ? One still has to wonder why Inno has chosen to skip the story? Is this the direction the game is headed, will all the story quests eventually be this way?
While it does take an extra click to get the details on mobile in SAT, my point was that the original poster is wrong about all of the messages being the same. The message shown says "task type: miscellaneous" but there are also "task type: Forge Points", "production" , "city", and "combat". And with a bit of experience, I can now usually tell if I'm interested in the RQ or want to abort it without the extra click. (I do agree that it was nicer in the other eras where this wasn't an issue.)