• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Relics reward rate close to zero,

Bob the gapper

I don't mind putting money into something that actually provides what is promised, but I have found, through experience, that Relics for some do not have anywhere close to the probability of being rewarded.

Currently I have a level 3 TOR (13% bonus) which has produced 5 relics in 116 encounters, another fellow with a level 3 TOR and no relics through 48 encounters, another (Level 3 TOR) with 5 relics in 100 encounters, another fellow in my guild had played all three levels for four weeks with zero relics (level 9 TOR).

note the chance for a single encounter for level 3 TOR is 0.13, for level 9 TOR is 0.1575
for these, I have calculated the chance of this happening, with the claimed relic reward chances:
5 relics/116 encounters, level 3 TOR, chance 0.0011522
0 relics/192 encounters, level 9 TOR, chance 0.0000000000000051218
0 relics/48 encounters, level 3 TOR, chance 0.00125
5 relics/100 encounters, level 3 TOR, chance 0.00502

Any one of these might be possible on a single basis (other than the level 9), but for multiple people to have this experience is indicative of a systemic problem.

DeletedUser

I am on a good roll now after several weeks of below average. I do believe it evens out.

DeletedUser25273

One thing to watch out when looking at these sort of thing is 'Reporter Bias'. If something has a 1% chance per person of occurring, then you EXPECT 1% of the people to experience it on a given period. To really be able to use those numbers, you would have needed to have pre-selected the people before running the experiment, and then look at the results. Once you start looking at after experiment reporting, the analysis gets much more complicated. (You really want to gather results from EVERYONE in the circle yoou got the outliers, and then take into account that your group self selected based on what looked to be an anomalous result.

DeletedUser26120

I have level 5 ToR and I'm happy with the drop rate.

If you want more then up your ToR, it works.

Mustapha00

It appears, to me at least, that the Law of Diminishing Returns is at work with the ToR.

Based on the increase in the overall drop rate of relics per the number of Forge Points you have to invest to attain those (very limited) increases, I think I'd rather put those FP to work elsewhere. Sure, you do increase the chance that a better-than-common Relic drops when one drops at all, and I'll concede that the increase there is probably worth it. But to invest, what, a thousand plus FP to take your overall spawn rate from 13% to 15%? Pass. I'll just be shocked into speechlessness when a relic drops at all.

DeletedUser26154

Here's my winnings from this week.

6 Blueprints
200 of one good [Contemporary Era Robots]
Gate of the Sun God Deco
40 Forge Points
60 Diamonds
Nothing else was noteworthy.

Not a huge win, not even worth posting in the feedback forum thread for this week.
But still worth the 6x6 space on the edge of my map.
From Wiki listed below.

common relic.png
uncommon relic.png
rare relic.png

What other Great Building gives you Premium Buildings as a reward?

Mustapha00

I hadn't seen a list such as that before. Nice, and thanks for sharing it.

Initial observation is that the rewards for Common and Uncommon Relics are in keeping with their respective rarities. Not completely underwhelming, not overpowered. We're in the Baby Bear "Just Right" Zone.

But when it comes to the Rares, a One Up Kit is seriously lacking. That one belongs in the Uncommon Relic reward category. Replace it with, say, 100 Diamonds: while that's a pretty fair amount at first glance, keep in mind that Ardak said he won 60 Diamonds just off the regular encounter rewards. Given how freakin' rare those Jade Relics are, 100 Diamonds might be too low if anything. I believe that I've gotten a total of three Jades across three servers on which I play since the GE was rolled out, so making a change in the player's favors wouldn't exactly be game unbalancing here.

DeletedUser28897

This will be controversial but I believe more than the hqs for someone other than laclong and arc lvling that pushing your tor up by a lot may be the best strategy.

I'm literally out of space in my town with a very efficient layout. Every week my tor spits out premium buildings a ton of goods and fps and at no cost to me. If I wanted to add a sacred sky watch I have to delete or store a wishing well. I upgrade a building 1-2 time a week.

DeletedUser26120

But when it comes to the Rares, a One Up Kit is seriously lacking.
It may be the least of the rewards but it's certainly not lacking. It's extremely useful for upgrading your HoFs and other similar buildings as you age up. Spares you from having to use the more valuable renovation kits on such buildings that need to be upgraded frequently to have maximum benefit.

It's beneficial to upgrade HoF every age as you get a considerable bonus, but not so much for some happiness or medal producing buildings - those you'd want to upgrade every 2 or 3 ages.

DeletedUser26154

I started level three of G.E. this week, and I have not seen a relic at all on level 1 or 2.
But my fellow guild members report their ToR works fine.
I see them swapping the 100 fp relics on each other's G.B.s
I'm on another bad week, and I realized something.

The ToR is like a card game.
We keep thinking it's dice.
The randomness doesn't follow that way.
The luck comes in waves, like playing multiple hands of cards.

download.jpg

That's what it feels like to me, anyway.

DeletedUser13838

It appears, to me at least, that the Law of Diminishing Returns is at work with the ToR.

Based on the increase in the overall drop rate of relics per the number of Forge Points you have to invest to attain those (very limited) increases, I think I'd rather put those FP to work elsewhere. Sure, you do increase the chance that a better-than-common Relic drops when one drops at all, and I'll concede that the increase there is probably worth it. But to invest, what, a thousand plus FP to take your overall spawn rate from 13% to 15%? Pass. I'll just be shocked into speechlessness when a relic drops at all.
So while leveling your ToR improves your chance at a relic relatively slowly, it also improves the quality of relics you're gaining. My suggestion has always been to ignore the common relics when evaluating your ToR and just look at the uncommon and rare relics you expect to get.