• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Repeat Quest Loop

• Thread starter DeletedUser23401
  • Start date

DeletedUser23401

It seems I am stuck in a loop for quests, all of them are Random Rewards, and it has about 5-6 repeating everytime I click Abort.
Is this a bug or will it go away on its own?

DeletedUser17462

This is normal once you complete all of the story related side quests for the age/era you are in. Advancing to the next age, or sometimes just advancing further in your current age or on the map, will get you more non repeating quests.

DeletedUser17558

If you plan on sticking in one era for a while, like I and many others do, then learn what they all do and do as many of them in a day as possible. I can easily get through 4-5 when I do my daily collections.

Mustapha00

While I am not nearly as experienced as many of the the other players, even in my limited experience I have found that, with not too many exceptions, you're going to be seeing the same the same handful of quests (spend XXX forge points, collect XXXX supplies/coins, craft 1 or 2 of your highest tier 1 day duration items, etc.). It does seem that, very early into a new Age, you'll see a bunch of new to you quests, but many of them are just not feasible at the time you get them (like researching Monarchy when just entering LME- excuse me, but that tech is just before you enter HMA!). Could definitely use an overhaul at some point.

DeletedUser10415

While I am not nearly as experienced as many of the the other players, even in my limited experience I have found that, with not too many exceptions, you're going to be seeing the same the same handful of quests (spend XXX forge points, collect XXXX supplies/coins, craft 1 or 2 of your highest tier 1 day duration items, etc.).

These are the recurring quests that 'fill in' for storyline and/or age quests if you stop short of various milestones in conquering the continent map and/or advancing through the ages. Many players will stop short of these milestones on purpose so they can milk these recurring quests for a while. Typically these players have goods-producing great-buildings and they are 'soaking' in an age to accumulate goods of that age, as those goods will be needed for the following two ages in the tech tree. And while they soak, they collect the random rewards from the recurring quests. Coins, supplies, goods, forge points in packs of 5, blueprints, and even the occasional 20 diamonds. Typically, the "collect X amount of coins" recurring quest is the easiest to complete multiple times per day, followed by either the "collect X amount of supplies" or "produce X number of 24-hour supply from X building". (These are the ones I do, and I abort the rest)

It does seem that, very early into a new Age, you'll see a bunch of new to you quests, but many of them are just not feasible at the time you get them (like researching Monarchy when just entering LME- excuse me, but that tech is just before you enter HMA!). Could definitely use an overhaul at some point.

Though I have seen this complaint before, it's not common, and I've never experienced it myself. Probably because I don't race through the map or the tech tree. And why wouldn't you want to research Monarchy? It's an expansion. D'oh!

DeletedUser13838

The issue isn't whether researching monarchy is a good idea or not (it is) but whether it is worth keeping that question open potentially for many days or even weeks when you would otherwise be able to complete the daily quests several times a day. I personally don't think the storyline quests should give an incentive to race through the tech tree, or at least provide good enough rewards to make up for losing out on the repeatable quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17558

I personally don't think the storyline quests should give an incentive to race through the tech tree, or at least provide good enough rewards to make up for losing out on the repeatable quests.

But it does, and as a business model, it should. You open tech you get new advantages. The lure of promising new technologies has sucked more than a few noobs down the path to outpacing your growth. Now you are a small fish in a big hood. One way to remedy that is with diamonds. Making people rush down the tech tree so they feel they need diamonds to compete is the purpose of the storyline quests.