• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Reputation

DeletedUser60

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to___________again."

Is this an everyone gets a trophy league?

DeletedUser34

well no, but it really works better when we have more posters. Right now it is extremely high (although they did drop it from the original count) considering in order to post rep to good posts, we have to simply spam rep. It is better now however, than it was a month ago :p A month ago, we were trying to post rep, with a forum population of less than 100.

DeletedUser60

Why is there any restriction on this at all?

Is there some big prize for having a high rep...some great concern someone's rep is going to get juiced by a nefarious gang of rep pumpers?

DeletedUser

Why is there any restriction on this at all?

Is there some big prize for having a high rep...some great concern someone's rep is going to get juiced by a nefarious gang of rep pumpers?

People will pick favorites and give rep to a person on every single post they have. Reputation has no prizes, but it does give you nice bragging rights. It will also get the attention of others.

DeletedUser34

Over in grepolis, we had the downrep gang, and that was annoying, so if they have reputation cheaters, and people rebel, it can get down right nasty. You are better off spam repping for things like OMG that was hilarious, Nice post, I agree blah blah blah than you are lowering the rep threshhold and having people abuse it. Although, right now, with no down rep, if someone were to abuse it, it is hard to fix the problem.

DeletedUser60

Well I guess I'm showing my age. The whole notion that people actually care about something like this, never mind that others think it needs to be controlled...it's a huge junior high flashback.

DeletedUser

Well I guess I'm showing my age. The whole notion that people actually care about something like this, never mind that others think it needs to be controlled...it's a huge junior high flashback.
Word.
I do like the rep system on the .en forum - even after months, everyone is still a njub. At least I've not seen anything else so far....