• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Retaining goods from ages past ...

• Thread starter DeletedUser32822
  • Start date

DeletedUser32822

Are there any predictable ways to decide when should I stop producing goods from ages past? For example, if I am say, at Late Middle Age, must I still retain my Stone Mason?

Agent327

Hell no. You can look at the Wiki to see how much goods you still need from ages back, which is 2 ages. Then still in those era's it is very easy to trade down, so you might as well dump evertything that is lower than the age you are in?

DeletedUser32822

Thank you!!!! So, that goes for production buildings as well; probably much more so, right? I think, after the productions are collected, there are no real requirement for the actual product being produced including their. different variations that are a function of the time of their production. Is that a correct statement? If so, then why did the game developers took the trouble of coming up with such an elaborate scheme for production buildings?

wolfhoundtoo

Because there are quests in each age that will ask you for specific productions (at times). However they don't usually ask for productions from the past eras. Mostly though I suspect it's meant to let you get into the idea that you are working an actual city.

DeletedUser26965

It's actually 3 ages back. I think of it in the opposite way, for every Age, you need goods from that Age for the next 3 ages, that's the structure, unrefined goods follow the same pattern and Special Goods look to be as well.

Here's a glimpse of my spreadsheet on it and you can see the pattern emerge;

dhdfbd.gif

DeletedUser32822

Thank you both!!! All of those answers were very helpful.

DeletedUser29726

You can also often take down the goods buildings much earlier and make more of your current age of goods. Try to leave the age with somewhat of a stock, and then trade down for what you're missing later. You may need to offer better than 1:2 to get trades quick or in significant volume.

Supply production buildings can usually go away as soon as you get the next one. Especially if you're keeping up on your continent map story and bonus quests. In the event you do need an old one, just rebuild it.