• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Reward" Pop-Ups during collection

Johnny B. Goode

First of all, who actually gets BPs from aiding? I guess if you're trying to build a Colosseum or something, you'd need to get them, but 1.9 is the way to go for all normal buildings. Secondly, coins are not awarded if there are no buildings to be aided. Also, the main reason I aid after collections (besides the fact that I'm somewhat forgetful) is to prevent plundering. You essentially make your city plunder-proof by mass-aiding.
Well, I do. Lots of them. And in three of my four active cities I get many higher era BPs due to the fact that most of those on my friends list in those cities are in higher eras than I am.
Coins most definitely are awarded when you use the Aid or Aid All button, regardless of whether there are buildings to be aided or not. That's the way it's been ever since they introduced the Aid button.
Kind of foolish to use the Mass Aid Kit to prevent plundering*. If that's your best idea to do that, you need to go back to the drawing board.
Using the Mass Aid Kit just before collecting ensures you get all benefits of all your buildings and that your friends/neighbors/guild mates have a chance at BPs. Not to mention that those who have the Truce Tower or Rain Forest Project GBs get the benefits of those GBs when aiding.

*In fact, if you're worried about plundering at all, you need to rethink how you built your city.

gemstonemine

Is anyone else annoyed by the fragments of reward and other silly notifications during collection? It just slows everything down and has no purpose. I feel if we care about fragments, we can check our stock. Grrrr..... it's taking the enjoyment out of the game for me. I REALLY wish they would remove it. I can't believe one of the developers thought it would be a good thing. Blech!
I AGREE 100%

captain987

In fact, if you're worried about plundering at all, you need to rethink how you built your city.
I don't know what you're talking about. I generally collect within a minute or two, but nobody can be expected to collect instantly. I also do my best to defend my city, but you know as well as I do that no amount of defense will stop someone who wants to get in. I have hundreds of buildings that are plunderable (if they aren't aided), so what else do you expect me to do?

I did mix up the coins with the truce/seed bonus, you are correct. However, if you are relying on aiding for blueprints, then you need to rethink your strategies. And who still has a Rainforest anyway?

Johnny B. Goode

I don't know what you're talking about. I generally collect within a minute or two, but nobody can be expected to collect instantly. I also do my best to defend my city, but you know as well as I do that no amount of defense will stop someone who wants to get in. I have hundreds of buildings that are plunderable (if they aren't aided), so what else do you expect me to do?
1) I'm not talking about collecting. I rarely collect soon after my buildings are ready, yet in 11 cities I only get plundered about 2-3 times a week. And never anything more than coins/supplies.
2) I'm also not talking about defending your city. I've known for 9+ years that it's an exercise in foolishness.
3) Hundreds of buildings? Wow. Is your friends list maxed out? Are you in an 80 member active guild? And here's the real crux of this part: If the buildings aren't aided, then generally the plunderer isn't getting much.
4) Do you honestly get plundered frequently enough for this to be a problem? If you have "hundreds of buildings", what percentage gets plundered on a daily basis? I'm being serious with these questions. With "hundreds of buildings", if you're only getting plundered a couple of times a week, then it's not a problem, it's merely a very minor irritation at most.
5) Bottom line is you're actually being inconsiderate of your guild mates/friends/neighbors for no good reason. You're probably costing them more in BPs lost than you're saving yourself from being plundered by using the Mass Aid after collecting.
I did mix up the coins with the truce/seed bonus, you are correct. However, if you are relying on aiding for blueprints, then you need to rethink your strategies. And who still has a Rainforest anyway?
6) Where did I say anything about "relying on" aiding for blueprints? When I need BPs for a certain building, I visit my neighbors and donate to their GBs. Works very well. However, the BPs that I get from aiding supplement that very well. Especially, as I mentioned before, since I have many higher era friends and get higher era BPs fairly frequently this way. Getting them from aiding higher era friends is way cheaper than getting them by donating to GBs.
7) I don't know how many still have a Rainforest. I don't. But if I have a friend or neighbor who does, I think it's only right to give them the chance for it to pay off on one of my buildings.

For me, being considerate of most other players is part of how I like to play a game like this. If that's not your bag, fine. I just wouldn't want you on my friends list (or in my guild).

captain987

1) I'm not talking about collecting. I rarely collect soon after my buildings are ready, yet in 11 cities I only get plundered about 2-3 times a week. And never anything more than coins/supplies.
2) I'm also not talking about defending your city. I've known for 9+ years that it's an exercise in foolishness.
3) Hundreds of buildings? Wow. Is your friends list maxed out? Are you in an 80 member active guild? And here's the real crux of this part: If the buildings aren't aided, then generally the plunderer isn't getting much.
4) Do you honestly get plundered frequently enough for this to be a problem? If you have "hundreds of buildings", what percentage gets plundered on a daily basis? I'm being serious with these questions. With "hundreds of buildings", if you're only getting plundered a couple of times a week, then it's not a problem, it's merely a very minor irritation at most.
5) Bottom line is you're actually being inconsiderate of your guild mates/friends/neighbors for no good reason. You're probably costing them more in BPs lost than you're saving yourself from being plundered by using the Mass Aid after collecting.

6) Where did I say anything about "relying on" aiding for blueprints? When I need BPs for a certain building, I visit my neighbors and donate to their GBs. Works very well. However, the BPs that I get from aiding supplement that very well. Especially, as I mentioned before, since I have many higher era friends and get higher era BPs fairly frequently this way. Getting them from aiding higher era friends is way cheaper than getting them by donating to GBs.
7) I don't know how many still have a Rainforest. I don't. But if I have a friend or neighbor who does, I think it's only right to give them the chance for it to pay off on one of my buildings.

For me, being considerate of most other players is part of how I like to play a game like this. If that's not your bag, fine. I just wouldn't want you on my friends list (or in my guild).

1) Either you're lucky or I'm unlucky. I get attacked at least a dozen times each day. TBH I don't know how many would plunder, since I'm using mass aid.
2) Well we're on the same page then.
3) I know that you also have hundreds of buildings too. I am in a 80-player guild and have 139 on my FL because I kicked a red dot just now. I couldn't care less what the plunderer gets; I do care that I'm losing FPs, though.
4) Again, I don't actually know, but the one or two times I have forgotten to mass aid, I have been plundered on valuable buildings (I think last time it was my lab). Maybe it was a fluke, maybe not. I can't say for sure.
5) Right now, I'm in HMA; anybody aiding me would get Notre Dame or SMB blueprints... super valuable! Even if I was in another age, though, it still wouldn't help. If you've been playing for 9+ years, I guarantee that you have enough prints to bring your arc to 1000.
6) There's really no way that those extra blueprints are helping you.
7) If you (I mean in general) have a garbage GB like the RFP, you're responsible for building it.

And I usually do wait an hour or so before mass aiding, to let some people get goodies. I guess we can agree to disagree, not looking to start an argument.

Turret 555

I would love to see an option to turn off the collection pop-ups. Alas, I fear these pop-ups are meant to "encourage" us to spend diamonds on automatic collection. Notice how every new event building for the most recent 5-6 events has these pop-ups?

Too bad the submission of new ideas has been closed since January. I suspect this is also by design.
AGREE!!!

Emberguard

1) Either you're lucky or I'm unlucky. I get attacked at least a dozen times each day. TBH I don't know how many would plunder, since I'm using mass aid.

Personally I wouldn’t worry about the attacks themselves. The more Rival asks for battles the more people will attack Neighbors for easy to win fights

It’s also easy enough to either make the city undesirable to plunder or outright immune to plunder (or as you’re doing, mass aid everything).

Plunder Targets
- Chain Link buildings typically are targets for plunder because they produce without Aid and can be plundered.
- Regular Goods buildings for the same reason.
- Most Set buildings, with a few exceptions

Immune to Plunder
- Buildings from Guild Battlegrounds
- Random Production buildings (ie, Crows Nest, Pirate Hideout)
- Wyverntide Smithy
- Great Buildings
- Anything labelled “All Ages”. If you’re using Sets I’d restrict building to “All Ages” and anything that doesn’t have a collectable production
- And of course Aided buildings

4) Again, I don't actually know, but the one or two times I have forgotten to mass aid, I have been plundered on valuable buildings (I think last time it was my lab). Maybe it was a fluke, maybe not. I can't say for sure.

Laboratory of monstrosity? Or a different lab?

If it’s the laboratory of monstrosity then it would have given the plunderer only Medals. Guess there wasn’t much better to go for

And I usually do wait an hour or so before mass aiding, to let some people get goodies.

Personally the only thing I care about from Aiding at this point in my city development is the Seed Vault goodies. Gives me diamonds

And if you happen to have a bunch of ”decorations” those will only remain aided for 12 hours anyway (buildings without a collectable production)

captain987

Plunder Targets
- Chain Link buildings typically are targets for plunder because they produce without Aid and can be plundered.
- Regular Goods buildings for the same reason.
- Most Set buildings, with a few exceptions
I have no chain, goods, or set buildings. I don't have any sleigh builders, TFs or any other special production buildings either.
Laboratory of monstrosity? Or a different lab?

If it’s the laboratory of monstrosity then it would have given the plunderer only Medals. Guess there wasn’t much better to go for
Yes, that lab. Again, I don't really care what the plunderer gets, I care that I didn't get to collect it myself. I'm a pretty big sniper, so it was probably revenge anyway. I've been much more judicious in mass aiding after that.
And if you happen to have a bunch of ”decorations” those will only remain aided for 12 hours anyway (buildings without a collectable production)
I just checked and I only have two decorations, my FT and TGs.

Johnny B. Goode

That's interesting. I don't get attacked a dozen times a day in all of my 11 cities combined. You must be a target for some reason.
3) I know that you also have hundreds of buildings too. I am in a 80-player guild and have 139 on my FL because I kicked a red dot just now. I couldn't care less what the plunderer gets; I do care that I'm losing FPs, though.
Well, if you combine my cities, yeah. Individually, though? My city with the most buildings has 205 (not counting GBs), so technically you're right. How are you losing FPs? You don't even know if those attackers would ever plunder, so you don't know that you would lose anything. Less than 10% of those who attack my cities even bother to plunder, and they only hit coin or supply buildings, so I never lose FP to a plunderer. And remember, I only use Mass Aid right before I collect, so they have every opportunity in the world to take whatever they want. Especially in that city with 205 buildings, because when I use Mass Aid on it over half of the buildings haven't been aided.
Valuable, but not valuable enough to remember? And on those occasions, with "at least a dozen" attacks each day, how many buildings got plundered? One? 12? I'm betting on one.
5) Right now, I'm in HMA; anybody aiding me would get Notre Dame or SMB blueprints... super valuable! Even if I was in another age, though, it still wouldn't help. If you've been playing for 9+ years, I guarantee that you have enough prints to bring your arc to 1000.
Wait...you're in HMA and you have room for "hundreds of buildings?!? My city with 205 is in OF and maxed out on Medal and Diamond expansions and I have no room for more. Are they all 1x1s?!?
And how do you pay up when your guarantee statement is proven false? I have enough BPs to bring my Arc to around 300. You must be fairly new to the Forum if you don't know that I am in solo guilds and don't do 1.9 threads. I only have as many as I do because I spent a good deal of time parked in FE. So that aiding I did then (which you have such disdain for) is responsible for most of those.
6) There's really no way that those extra blueprints are helping you.
Yes way. I am generally a self leveler, so any extra BPs are helping me. And as I said, I get quite a few just from aiding my friends.
7) If you (I mean in general) have a garbage GB like the RFP, you're responsible for building it.
I get it, you don't care about other players.

captain987

That's interesting. I don't get attacked a dozen times a day in all of my 11 cities combined. You must be a target for some reason.
Well, as I said, I snipe a lot.
Well, if you combine my cities, yeah. Individually, though? My city with the most buildings has 205 (not counting GBs), so technically you're right.
I kind of did mean over multiple cities, but I think even my HMA alone city has 200 buildings, the 1x1s, 2x2s add up, if you know what I mean. I won't bother to count though.
Valuable, but not valuable enough to remember? And on those occasions, with "at least a dozen" attacks each day, how many buildings got plundered? One? 12? I'm betting on one.
I wrote I think, but last time it was my lab. As I said, I've only forgotten to mass aid a handful of times, but have been plundered usually twice, but once or three times as well. I didn't claim that it was the end of the world, but it's especially annoying when I'm trying to generate fragments.
And how do you pay up when your guarantee statement is proven false? I have enough BPs to bring my Arc to around 300.
If that's true, that's really crazy and somewhat sad. Congratulations, you win!
I get it, you don't care about other players.
Look, I'd love for the current reward system to be changed, I think that SV, Truce, and BPs should be awarded when no buildings can be aided. Similarly, I think that the BP drop rate on plunders should be the same as well. However, I will continue to mass aid soon after collecting to ensure that I don't get plundered. Will I go out of my way to help other players at my own expense? No.
I don't think it's necessary to argue further, though.