• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Reward" Pop-Ups during collection

Sharmon the Impaler

Because percentages apply to all players whereas "solid numbers" do not. For example, the Trailside Smithy provides a 90% chance of frags for the Summerhold Manor Upgrade Kit and a 10% chance for a Sunhaven Palace Golden Upgrade Kit each time that it is collected. How can these percentages be restated as "solid numbers"? The answer is "they can't". Without fail, I collect my city daily which means that I collect, on average, 9 SMUK frags and 1 SPGUK frag every 10 days. The "solid number" for my playstyle is 9, and 1, per 10 days. However, this "solid number" only applies to players with the same daily playstyle. Players that collect once every ten days, cannot expect to gather 9 and 1. Instead, their "solid number" is 0.9 and 0.1.
You simply replace the 90% + 10% with a selection kit like they did with the Keymaster and the Phantoms.

jaymoney23456

pretty annoying feature with the popups just to get some players to spend 5 diamonds to collect all. Wonder how many actually spend the diamonds for that reason. I know that I refuse to spend diamonds for something like that but that doesn't mean others will do the same.

PJS299

pretty annoying feature with the popups just to get some players to spend 5 diamonds to collect all. Wonder how many actually spend the diamonds for that reason. I know that I refuse to spend diamonds for something like that but that doesn't mean others will do the same.
I've started spending it daily on two cities. It's easy to get back (get at least 45/day from GBG) and a lot easier than manually collecting. I like to keep my buildings synced, but if I was collecting manually I'd have to collect, and then find a spot to put the FP, and then collect...

The 5 Diamonds is a small price to pay for what you get.

Johnny B. Goode

I spend the 5 Diamonds every time I collect in all 11 of my cities. That's 55 Diamonds, but since 7 of them are Diamond farms and the other 4 also have some WWs I easily net at least a few hundred Diamonds with each time I collect them all. Even if you had a city on all 29 US worlds, it would only take 3 WWs hitting each day to pay for using the 5 Diamond collect button in all of them. (Just make sure your FP bar is at 99 or lower. On occasion, when I'm in a hurry, I forget to spend my FP and end up having to collect twice in one of the cities. LOL)

The Lady Redneck

Have everything in your city on a 24 hr , be sure to use an aid all kit before collecting. If you have a BG use the charges on it first, then spending your 5 diamonds to collect the rest. That will more that pay you for using those few diamonds.

Sharmon the Impaler

Have everything in your city on a 24 hr , be sure to use an aid all kit before collecting. If you have a BG use the charges on it first, then spending your 5 diamonds to collect the rest. That will more that pay you for using those few diamonds.
Use the aid all kit as soon as you collect not before. If your building is ready to collect and THEN you aid it you will miss the aided bonus.

Ebeondi Asi

Use the aid all kit as soon as you collect not before. If your building is ready to collect and THEN you aid it you will miss the aided bonus.
That is totally incorrect. If the buildings have popped but you have not collected. you can successfully add in an aid all and all building will be fully aided and all aid related things will be there for you when you collect. I am totally certain of this fact. Having done it more than once.
And I always usually aid all about ten minutes before my first Blue Galaxy only group. collect them, then collect rest usually thirty minutes later. Works fine.
I use five diamond for both collections.

Sharmon the Impaler

That is totally incorrect. If the buildings have popped but you have not collected. you can successfully add in an aid all and all building will be fully aided and all aid related things will be there for you when you collect. I am totally certain of this fact. Having done it more than once.
And I always usually aid all about ten minutes before my first Blue Galaxy only group. collect them, then collect rest usually thirty minutes later. Works fine.
I use five diamond for both collections.
You are right , I just confirmed with a colossus.

Johnny B. Goode

The other reason not to use the Mass Aid after you collect is that you are then denying your guild mates, friends and neighbors the chance at BPs when they aid you. If there are no buildings for them to motivate/polish, then they only get the piddling coins for aiding.

Big-Bendz

Collect all the AIDED buildings, then do the Mass Aid and then collect the rest. I do this on most of worlds and I only use a mass aid every other day. Some peeps may get "unable to aid" but that is usually few and far between. Enough of the items are collected after the mass aid that others can aid.

FanMan

We shouldn't be discussing how to best live with this "Reward Obtained" pop up nonsense! It is more than annoying and Inno should be letting us know that a solution is in the works. It really does suck! :(

Dominator - X

We shouldn't be discussing how to best live with this "Reward Obtained" pop up nonsense! It is more than annoying and Inno should be letting us know that a solution is in the works. It really does suck! :(
This is at least the 2nd, maybe the 3rd time this issue has been an issue. Maybe if it comes up another time or 2, INNO will do something about it.

Sharmon the Impaler

It is meant to suck and they know that it sucks. It is designed to get you to use the 5 diamond collect. Ask until you are blue in the face , it will not happen.

captain987

The other reason not to use the Mass Aid after you collect is that you are then denying your guild mates, friends and neighbors the chance at BPs when they aid you. If there are no buildings for them to motivate/polish, then they only get the piddling coins for aiding.
First of all, who actually gets BPs from aiding? I guess if you're trying to build a Colosseum or something, you'd need to get them, but 1.9 is the way to go for all normal buildings. Secondly, coins are not awarded if there are no buildings to be aided. Also, the main reason I aid after collections (besides the fact that I'm somewhat forgetful) is to prevent plundering. You essentially make your city plunder-proof by mass-aiding.