• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rigging the GBG battlefield for AI defence?

xivarmy

Why is this though?
Because they wanted to make a huge difference in PE between the indy units that came before and shiny new cars and tanks and stuff that should have superior movement and range without completely trivializing the terrain of the limited-size battlefield. So basically they made the battlefield "bigger" without actually making it bigger by making the range and movement stats of industrial units smaller when they shared the field with PE units. And then had room to give the PE units higher stats to compensate for them then being divided by 1.5. Which has continued with every era since because otherwise it'd be a weird discontinuity.

85gt

I think you`ll find your troops will do different things against different troops, like they will move closer to the enemy to get hit by Heavies but not so close to hit themselves for other troops, Its all rigged Att/Def really don`t make any difference, my units will do a 1 shot kill so the game just will not allow me to wipe out the enemy without taking sizeable damage. Just fought again and my first 3 went across and did 1 shot kill and the other units did not shoot, range of 6 and enemy was only 5 away, rigged all the way

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I think you`ll find your troops will do different things against different troops, like they will move closer to the enemy to get hit by Heavies but not so close to hit themselves for other troops, Its all rigged Att/Def really don`t make any difference, my units will do a 1 shot kill so the game just will not allow me to wipe out the enemy without taking sizeable damage. Just fought again and my first 3 went across and did 1 shot kill and the other units did not shoot, range of 6 and enemy was only 5 away, rigged all the way
Perhaps you might share some better details? What are you attacking with? What is the defending army? In SAT, when using 8 Drones, not all of them can advance to hit the opposing army on the first wave. That's why I use Gliders up to 70 attrition. It's not "rigged", Drones have less range than Gliders. Not the first time that we've advanced to an era where the units are poorer than the previous era.

85gt

Perhaps you might share some better details? What are you attacking with? What is the defending army? In SAT, when using 8 Drones, not all of them can advance to hit the opposing army on the first wave. That's why I use Gliders up to 70 attrition. It's not "rigged", Drones have less range than Gliders. Not the first time that we've advanced to an era where the units are poorer than the previous era.
If Im using 8 drones only 3 of them shoot out of the 5 that were in range, 2 of them did nothing, it seems many like to make excuses as to why all this is happening

True592

I did not watch it recently, but before your rogue's placement would also depend on its number. So, 3 would differ from 4, 4 from 5, etc.

Lorendar

The Rogues themselves were always 'dirty tricks'. So now that they are forced to a fairer playing field, time to complain you no longer have an unfair advantage? that is true. LoL
You probably should have read my post more closely and you wouldn't have had to make any snarky comment. My post was about making it public that it was happening, not that it happened. Some people just help saying look at me.

Sharmon the Impaler

First time that the defense AI goes straight after the base units now isn't it ? The complaint was changing the AI that we have no control over not that it was just more difficult like in past eras. At zero attrition no matter your boost , you will lose at least 1 unit after 5 battles if you don't swap them out. Why sell us more boost every event when they just make it much less valuable after you buy it ?