• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Rogues not being targeted as priority by Ninjas

DeletedUser25795

Hi all, since VF was released I have noticed in GE that an enemy ninja will ignore the rogue near it and target a non rogue if it can stay hiding. Has anyone else noticed this. Do we think this is a bug or working as intended. Other units will come out of hiding to hit a rogue so you can use this to your advantage but ninja's seam to ignore this system.

Volodya

Hi all, since VF was released I have noticed in GE that an enemy ninja will ignore the rogue near it and target a non rogue if it can stay hiding. Has anyone else noticed this. Do we think this is a bug or working as intended. Other units will come out of hiding to hit a rogue so you can use this to your advantage but ninja's seam to ignore this system.
I have no idea if this is a bug or working as intended, but I really hope Inno lets it stay this way in any case. Anything that makes the defensive AI behave even slightly less stupidly is an improvement imo. Do you know if this is true for PvP also, or is it only GE?

DeletedUser3882

Betcha @qaccy would have a good answer, or at least some well thought out impressions of this.

To be honest, I haven’t noticed this much to say it’s anything out of the ordinary. Yes they sometimes skip rogues, but I recall strike teams and paratroopers performing similarly depending on opposing units, terrain, and what is in range and what is not (I.e. act differently if faced up against artillery vs heavies). Their random spawn point is a factor as well.
Mind you, I haven’t paid much attention to this and want to spend some time looking closer at it.

DeletedUser3882

Small sample size, yes, but ran through 6 quick battles on lvl 3 using various combos of Ronins, turtles, and rogues.

Each time Ninjas attacked Ronin/Rogues, it would aim to hide, unless a Rogue was in range (and no place to hide). Priority seems to hide *first*, Rogue second.

Any of the battles that included Turtles, that priority changes to attack the turtles first. Rogues and trees be damned.

As mentioned earlier, I recall paratroopers and strike teams acting in a similar fashion, even if not exactly like that, but Ninjas main strength is attacking artillery! I’d rather have them act that way vs being totally useless.

Mods/managers/whoever made mention, amongst all the complaints over the underpowered VF unit’s, in feedback threads here and beta that we would see their “specific uses” as VF unfolds. Ronins have already been found to have a good use, and you may have uncovered a niche “special” use for the Ninjas.

I’ll side with, “acting as intended” until more info is gathered and a larger sample size is collected against more units. To be determined....

Now what’s a good use for that Samurai contact ability? :)

DeletedUser29726

Someone reported it as a bug on beta and it got flagged as not a bug.

In addition to preferring to hide over target a rogue (which I've seen the behavior on other units including strike teams so it doesn't surprise me ninjas might too), some units with ludicrously high attack (which boosted VF units and medusas have) can sometimes attack injured units with relatively low defense (i've seen it happen to turturrets) before rogues. My theory on this is it has to do with A/D ratio exceeding a certain threshold that gets rogues (with a defense of 1) targetted first in the first place - and that if the gap is wide enough for other units it becomes a 'tie' on that criteria and thus the 'injured unit first' criteria gets a chance to kick in.

DeletedUser25795

I don't PvP with ninja's as most times there are no forests on the map for any ninja to hide. Except when enemy uses them then you can't move for forests.
GvG I Auto so don't see their movement. So, sorry I only have info on GE as I manually fight most of those.