• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Rogues

WinnerGR

Are rogues any good ?
I spent so much getting a rogue hideout and then deleted my normal unit barracks and now I have 5 rogues churning out of my traz daily but they seem so usluss because they loose battles so much .
I have lots of spare space in my city so should I build a light unit barracks ?
I am in LMA and I used to have 2 light init barracks 1 ranged unit barracks and no traz or rogue hidout.
I now have traz and rogu hidout.
Please help

Diecast603

Rogue hideouts a great to have but only as good as your military units are. So you need to have military bldgs to go along with them. As your traz builds up you will get more of each.

I am in SAAB era and I have 1 rogue hideout. With what my traz gives me and what I win I have plenty of rogues.

ExtraMile

Are rogues any good ?
I spent so much getting a rogue hideout and then deleted my normal unit barracks and now I have 5 rogues churning out of my traz daily but they seem so usluss because they loose battles so much .
I am in LMA and I used to have 2 light init barracks 1 ranged unit barracks and no traz or rogue hidout.
Please help
Are you fighting battles with an army of only rouges? If so, that’s the problem right there.

Rouges are very good, but only if you use them in combination with at least one other unit. If you have an army of only rouges, they will have nothing to transform into when attacked, so they will simply be killed.

Godly Luke

Ok. First, off, you cannot use rogues alone. They will lose everybattle. Rogues, once hit, will turn into a unit in your selected army. So if your army is 1 Attack helicopter and 7 rogues, you should send the rogues to meet the enemy and keep the helicopter in the back until most of the rogues have been turned into attack helicopters. If you are in PME or CE, 7 rogues plus Anti aircraft (CE) / mg teams (PME) works really well. In the early eras, rogues can 1 hit pretty much anything.

Agent327

Are rogues any good ?
Please help

You wrote a Guide on how to battle. Why not read that back and follow the advise given?

Grimmlion

My favorite so far is PME. 1 Machine gun unit, 7 rogues. every time a rogue gets hit it turns into a MG unit and counterattacks. So I can take 7 hits, not lose anything, and damage anything that shot me.

This does not work against Artillery because they shoot from out of range. if you have artillery against you charge all your units as far forward as possible. They run and hide in the corners and you have to pin them down to kill them.

I'm going to stay in this age and build everything up. I don't lose battles even when their are a few choppers and assault tanks against me.

DevaCat

Are rogues any good ?
Please help
A real question. Good.

You are in LMA, so forget about helicopters and machine guns and such.

Rogues are great, but you need to learn how to use them -- do a search, there's plenty of advice here about that. The main thing about them is that when they get hit they turn into one of the normal units you have fielded. No normals, and the rogue goes poof. Bad to see.

Use your Traz. The way I did it was one rogue hideout and one regular barracks, light units say, and let Traz produce 20 or more light units. Then I'd delete that barracks and build one for heavy units, rinse and repeat until I had at least 20 or so of all unit types. Then you can remove the last regular barracks so Traz will only produce rogues. The magic/beauty of Traz is that a military building doesn't need road access or to even be completed for Traz to do its thing. If you find yourself getting low on one unit type you can plop down its barracks and let Traz rebuild your reserves.

If you are using autobattle I'd advise you to stop that and fight manually for a time instead so you can see what each of the units do to each other. Learn how to fight. I have a LMA city and enjoy fighting with the pots and kettles. My go-to army is 1 Imperial Guard (hvy), 1 Great Sword Warrior (light) and 6 rogues. One reason for two regulars is that early on I had a 1/7 army slaughtered when I foolishly lost the one regular and that's a sight I haven't forgotten lol. The 2/6 all-purpose army works for me because the rogues, once they have absorbed one hit without damage, transform either into GSWs with enough movement to chase down archers or mounted units or race across to take out artillery, or they become IGs that can take and deal a lot of punishment. On some GE battles facing all artillery units, I might run all cavalry, or part cavalry part rogue. Try all the units, experiment, have some fun. You will get other advice on army make ups. Try them and see what works for you.