• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sagas - A place for your story

• Thread starter DeletedUser8866
  • Start date

DeletedUser8866

I will start so pull up a bench and get comfy order your favorite drink or snack :)

AcyIam's Saga
Chapter 1 The beginning.

Looking back on a strange life as a young man traveling the world and at length came to a great tree, heavy laden with thick red foliage and loaded with pendant strange fruit. From this almost impenetrable bower i saw naked children running and playing in their village street, women grinding corn in crude stone mortars, while others were fashioning cakes from the powdered flour. Out in the fields i could see men hoeing, weeding, or gathering. All wore strange protruding girdles of dried grass about their hips and many were loaded with brass and copper anklets, armlets and bracelets.
And while paused to watch, saw a group of men hiding in the close woods armed with clubs, Barbarians! how I hated those evil Godless men, slavers and cutthroats all.
So with a young man's sinewy fingers drew fathers sword and thus we struggled, the one side to crush out life with their clubs and make slaves of a simple people and myself to save a small unknown village.
With a mighty battle cry "Oorah" attacked fighting for more than my own life that day, it changed my life forever.
At the end of the battle I withdrew the long sword that had so often rendered me master of far mightier muscles than my own, placed a foot upon the neck of this vanquished enemy, and once again, loud enough that the forest rang fierce with wild cry of a conqueror. "Oorah"
And this is how I came came into the Kingship. I kill with a joyous laugh upon my lips but not with cruelty.
I kill for defense of My People, because after that day they were My people and I am responsible for them.
But, being a human, I sometimes take pleasure in this, a thing which no other animal does; for it has remained for humans alone, among all creatures to kill wantonly for the mere pleasure of inflicting suffering and death and I am.

That day also saw the beginning of Barbarian BBQ as number of the women scattered to their huts to fetch pots and water, while the men built a row of fires on which portions of the feast were to be broiled with the strange red fruit of the tree I first noticed. It was quite late when all were ready in the village, a dance commenced to circle faster, they all sang in with unknown tongue in a odd cadence.
I watched from beneath half-closed lids of delirium from pain and exhaustion. But after eating but a small amount of this juicy BBQ I was revived and watched amazed as my wounds healed in minutes, vitality arose within me.
I then saw a old man dressed in rags of many colors.
As he looked me in the eye and I understood him instantly as he said " You must rule them now. They are now your life"
He then turned and walked slowly into the forest. I still hear him laughing tho it has been many years ago.

Chapter 2 Guild Wars

On a cold winters night King Cy bundled up in his robes sits on his throne, his crown rests heavy on his head deep in thought.
As King Cy stands as he looks over his advisers all showing worry, some with fear. He shows them nothing on his face, but in his mind he is elated and ready.
Over the last months he has steadfastly increased troops and promoted a diversity of advanced goods.
Kept the population growing happily by adding homes with running water. With a Statue to Zeus for his warriors and Cathedral of Aachen to introduce His God with His city is running well.
It has not been easy to change stone age hunters into civilized peoples so quickly. The investment in Theater, Schools, Amphitheaters and even a Tavern has helped with His diverse but enthusiastic people to overcome many problems but at a huge cost as Tercio Ceuta has set their sites on interfering with Cy's true goal for his beloved peoples. The security and room to grow into a great modern nation of Acylam.
So with determination pours the wax and applies His Seal on the Guild War Proclamation*.
He orders all His Ambassadors to personally hand it to His Fellow Kings for Their approval.

Guild War Proclamation
King Cy Commands
1. Troops to reenforce the Great Dawn Trading Army as fast as can be trained.
2. Subjects within AcyIam Will support the War-Lords and Ladies
making sure they have the finest blades, armor, arrows and reinforcements as they need.
3. Barbarian BBQ will be served free to all so none will ever go hungry again.
4. Any Tercio Ceuta agents caught will be hung from the gallows, city plundered and pillaged.
5. With every Victory a night of free Mead will be served. (may have to drop this one as getting expensive )
Signed and Sealed
King Cy

More to come, comments welcome.
Start your own SAGA :)

Last edited by a moderator: