• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Scouting

DeletedUser26829

Where am I going wrong?? I can't see the Telescope symbol to scout a new province on the Continent Map..

I do have the horse and rider with the flag...

This is holding me up on the Quests for the Montgolfier brothers..

Any suggestions??

DeletedUser25273

You may need to take province to get a scouting opportunity. You can only scout provinces that you are next to, so if all the unscouted provinces are only next to unconquered provinces, you won't have any scouting options.

DeletedUser26829

Thank you.. I expand by negotiation\trading.. I've spent the past 3 days clearing up the sectors and provinces that I had "left behind"..
Right now, I have one unconquered province to the north, have conquered South and West completely.. and have the sea to the East..
Still no scouting telescope..
It doesn't seem possible to complete this quest in the timescale for anyone who has just moved into a new province and has to conquer before s\he can move on..

DeletedUser25273

Not sure where you are on the map, so hard to tell you what you need to conquer to get a scouting opportunity, but you want to see where your nearby unscouted provinces are, and conquer the adjacent unconquered province. "Left Behind" provinces wouldn't normally help.

I will add that conquering a province normally isn't a time consuming activity, unless you have made the mistake of pushing too far on the continent, then it can be a problem. The basic answer here is to notice that events often ask for continent progress, so make sure you have a bit of room there.

DeletedUser26829

I got completely stuck. I still don't have the option to scout.No chance at all of moving forward or completing the Montpelier quest..

DeletedUser25273

Where are you on the map? Until you take over the entire map for every age (at which point all scout quest will automatically complete), there is some collection of provinces that taking them will give you a scout option.

Sometimes the new path is back a bit, off in a new direction. Sometimes the scouting is a boat to take you to a new continent.