• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Second Battleground Season

blueskydwg

Has there been any mention of what will be the championship building in subsequent battleground seasons?
Will it be another tower of champions or something else?

Ebeondi Asi

Yes mentioned Beta second series has a different building. and the six week series starts from zero for VP and rank. The one difference is the number one Guild (and only the #1) in each World keeps 1 victory moving forward (at the start)
This is second hand info i read.
Here is a post taken verbatim fro Beta:

""So... the first GBG Championship season (6 seasons) on Beta has completed and a new one has started. All guild ranks were reset to 0. The ranking is now starting over with VP from this season.

All of the effort and expense from the last championship means... nothing. The only remnant is a "1" in the Wins column for the guild that was #1..""

Personally I am not adverse to the starting over. If they would rethink allowing lower rank wins to equal top rank wins?
With that sort of current arrangement, Any small but competent Guild could deliberately drop to Copper so the next 2wk season win Copper, then win Gold then win Platinum so the have three wins, and be ranked at the top along with the very few Guilds that won three Diamond ..Which seems broken. I do not know is such an idea would be reasonable, but certainly seems doable

Last edited:

blueskydwg

Ahhh - thanks for that. Guess I could have checked that myself before I posted since I play in Beta. Guess I wasn't paying attention enough to realize a new season had started.

The new building is called the Royal Tower of Champions and seems to be on a par with the Tower of Champions. A little more battlegrounds boost and less GE boost.