• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Sets and their boosts

DeletedUser31592

Question-
If I add a piece to a set, do I have to wait until after the next collection to gain the boost from it? Or do I have to break the set and replace to reset the timer?

I got a second tent today in the only city I've put winter buildings in. I had two buildings that were not fully boosted. After placing the tent, they still don't show that they are fully boosted, but the new tent shows credit for being next to those same buildings.

I've never placed pieces until I had the complete set before, so this is new for me. I'm 12 hours from collecting, so I'd not breaking them up now to experiment with this. I already plan on seeing if I can rearrange better after collection, but I was wondering for the future.

Thanks!

DeletedUser26120

You said second tent - the buildings have to be unique for boosted connections to count.

2 tents against a fortuna will not give the fortuna a +2 bonus, for example.

DeletedUser31540

Question-
If I add a piece to a set, do I have to wait until after the next collection to gain the boost from it? Or do I have to break the set and replace to reset the timer?

I got a second tent today in the only city I've put winter buildings in. I had two buildings that were not fully boosted. After placing the tent, they still don't show that they are fully boosted, but the new tent shows credit for being next to those same buildings.

I've never placed pieces until I had the complete set before, so this is new for me. I'm 12 hours from collecting, so I'd not breaking them up now to experiment with this. I already plan on seeing if I can rearrange better after collection, but I was wondering for the future.

Thanks!

i think that it would reset the collection timer if the "set piece" you added boosted the production of a "set piece" already in your city ... wait for the collection to move around or add any pieces of a set

DeletedUser31592

You said second tent - the buildings have to be unique for boosted connections to count.

2 tents against a fortuna will not give the fortuna a +2 bonus, for example.

They aren't touching. There are two of the same buildings touching the same building though. Does that count? I think it must.

wolfhoundtoo

They aren't touching. There are two of the same buildings touching the same building though. Does that count? I think it must.

You think incorrectly. :p The building must be unique. If you have 2 of the same building touching one building then the tents get credit for touching 1 building and the building they are touching get credit for touching 1 building.

DeletedUser31592

You think incorrectly. :p The building must be unique. If you have 2 of the same building touching one building then the tents get credit for touching 1 building and the building they are touching get credit for touching 1 building.
Not thinking incorrectly. Just a poor sentence. I meant that must be why I wasn't getting credit.

wolfhoundtoo

Fair enough.....so long as your problem is solved all is good (well as solved as it gets without you rearranging your city)