• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I build Colosseum?

ffblackice

Hi, I am in Iron age and have all the blue print of Colosseum and material, should I build it anyway or wait for other GBs?

Thanks.

Mustapha00

Friends Don't Let Friends Build Colosseum.

As to better alternatives...all of them. I'd even rather have a Notre Dame (widely considered to be the second worst GB in the game- although it looks terrific).

As to which other(s) to build first, much depends on how you want to play the game. If you're a Fighter-type, you'll probably want to go with the Statue of Zeus. It adds 3% per level to the Attack rating of your offensive troops up to level 10 and it costs (comparatively) few point to get there. If you're going Builder/Farmer, then Lighthouse of Alexandra is excellent. I can't remember the exact numbers (It's been about three years since I built one), but I'd bet that it adds over 100% to Supplies generated by your Supply buildings at level 1 and 5% more per level.

If you're a member of a good Guild, you can set your sights higher. Many Guilds offer members the ability to trade their Age goods plus a certain number of Forge Points for Goods of an Age required to build a GB that is far beyond the Age in which you're playing. It would be costly, but you could trade Goods and FP for Goods to build an Arc very early on- right after acquiring the necessary Blueprints. The Arc generates bonuses to rewards earned for investing in other player's GBs (Forge Points, Medals, Blueprints). You can do the same with Alcatraz (generates unattached military units based on whatever Barracks you have built in your city, and you might just get that trade on a straight Goods-for-Goods basis.

BruteForceAttack

Thanks, what is better GB option at the beginning?

It depends on your play style. Do you like to fight ? Irespective of fighter or farmer, you should try and have LoA and SMB and then if you do fight Zeus, CoA and later on CDM. Some folks go right away with Arc..but maybe try and have few basic gbs before going for Arc.

nebuchadnezer

Hi, I am in Iron age and have all the blue print of Colosseum and material, should I build it anyway or wait for other GBs?

Thanks.
Thanks, what is better GB option at the beginning?
You will eventually delete all GBs that are not combat or hi FP producers. The lighthouse makes unrefined goods. If you use your goods producing specials properly, you will never need unrefined goods. Stick with all the combat related GBs, Zeus, CoA, CDM, Terracotta Army and the combat related GBs like Alcatraz, Kraken, Arctic Orangery. Then FP producers like CDM, Cape Canaveral, Kraken, Arctic Orangery. Yes, some are double keepers. If you walk slowly thru the tech tree ages, your maxed out event specials will give you more than enough population, so no Babel, Capitol, IT or Habitat. IT has FPs but is a low producer. This will save you tens of thousands of FPs in the long run.

Ckirk

I regeret having build the Colosseum. I could have gained the happiness easyer (never mind the few medals). Now however im depending on it and i have to use many FP to make it worth while having it.

Bolderbrain

No, do not build the Colosseum. I know it's tempting because you're bored stupid, but no do not do that. What you should do is establish a friendship with high level player and put your FP's into investing for blueprints. Specifically you should put all resources first into obtain a set of Arc Prints. Zeus prints will come just by aiding everything that's not moving; friends, neighbors, guild mates.
Be an investor and you're going to better off than being cheap'0.

Ckirk

The Oracle is also quite booring and again many FP for not very much happiness don't you think?