• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Should I delete my Level 9 Truce Tower?

Well, should I?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DevaCat

I have one in one of my cities, it’s still somewhat useful there but I’m not sure I would place one in my other cities. Problem I have with it is, like other GBs, by the time I could afford to build and put a few levels on it, I had other means of getting what it provides. That’s as a ftp gamer - if you have the budget to get one early enough it could be worthwhile. That does not address D Caddy’s issue (which he already resolved), it’s more to suggest that there are still cases where this gb could be useful.

I do not have Truce Tower; in fact I do not have a single blueprint yet (my main city is in Postmodern Era), so please correct me if I am wrong: Looks like collecting the goods you want, as opposed to random goods, should take considerable amount of time. Say I want Arctic Future goods. I have to go through my guildmates/friends/neighbors to see who is in Arctic Future, and among them who has buildings which actually are of AF and are currently polisheable. Do you make a list of all friends/guildmates in each relevant age, and a list of all relevant buildings every one of them has? It just looks like a lot of work.

Pericles the Lion

I do not have Truce Tower; in fact I do not have a single blueprint yet (my main city is in Postmodern Era), so please correct me if I am wrong: Looks like collecting the goods you want, as opposed to random goods, should take considerable amount of time. Say I want Arctic Future goods. I have to go through my guildmates/friends/neighbors to see who is in Arctic Future, and among them who has buildings which actually are of AF and are currently polisheable. Do you make a list of all friends/guildmates in each relevant age, and a list of all relevant buildings every one of them has? It just looks like a lot of work.
It was a lot of work. Fun at first but it quickly turned to drudgery. To maximize the winning of the goods you want it is necessary to visit the city and polivate a building of the appropriate age. My advice is to join in a good guild and find an advanced era guildmate that will trade you their era goods for yours. Many will, just for the asking.

Dursland

Since this was necroposted I'll throw in my two cents too:

Deleting GBs should be treated the same as deleting any other special building from your city.

If the building is not giving you the same efficiency for the space as other replacements would, then that is a strong sign that yes you should delete.

I deleted my level 43 Atlantis Museum in Zorskog because ever since Mahraja's Palace release, they made almost all new event buildings unplunderable. As time went on, players filled their cities with those buildings and removed the previously plunderable items that gave good output.

That made the GB mostly useless.

Flying Island in Dilmun is also slated for deletion. It doesn't pay out enough and considering it can only activate 6 times a day, max - the quality of the rewards aren't worth taking it past level 10. It will take a while before I need the space for something better but yes it will go eventually too.

In Zorskog I have a few more GBs that aren't providing too much benefit in the Space Ages stage so I'll likely delete them too: LoA, St Mark's, and Truce Tower.

Orius Maximus

Truce Tower is okay, but still something of a luxury. It's not really going to help you make back the goods you used to build it in the first place, nor will it really get you the goods to build other high GBs. I see it as more of a GB that supplements regular goods production. I can get maybe 5-10 of each SAJM goods a day just from auto-aiding my friend list, and while that isn't a hell of a lot, I can still build up a small supply of those goods and trade them down for stuff I need. Yes, I can get more goods by direct trading, but it's not completely useless either. By the space ages though, it probably will be less important though.

I've long thought that it's not worth building a GB only to tear it down later, but the reality is that some GBs that used to be very good are much less powerful these days from powercreep. I got rid of my St. Mark's too because I didn't need the coin boost, and the unrefined goods were a joke. There was no reason to keep a 6x6 around for 50+ goods from three ages back that I no longer need. I should probably dump my Atlantis Museum too, but that's harder to replace. Royal Albert Hall is another candidate for deletion, though I'll probably keep the LoA for now. Never bothered with the Flying Island because I don't like doing settlements in the first place. Another GB that was considered a must have but is powercreeped is the Innovation Tower. Event buildings make so much population and fp that the Inno's worth quite a bit less these days.

Darkest.Knight

After receiving enough goods producing event buildings, some sleigh builders and sunken treasures I deleted all of my goods producing buildings. Goods producers work really well for moving along in the game without lvling up much.

No because once you hit modern age the other good gbs give you refined goods. With TT you can aiid all in hood once you hit modern age. Also you can get goods from aiding friends and guildies higher than you. I only plunder on boring Monday. Also its the only skyscraper around and its cool looking. I'd work in it. Too much interference in a factory / warehouse job and too much crap.

Orius Maximus

So this is my take of SAJM goods from auto-aiding on my friend list yesterday:

Screenshot_2023-04-17-09-25-59-164_1.jpeg

That's about typical for a daily collection. That's only the SAJM that I collected, that doesn't show any other ages. It's not a lot, but like I said, the TT is more of a supplement than anything else.

Kranyar the Mysterious

When it was a dynamic spinning tower, it was cool looking and it was helpful. Times changed, the tower lost its look, and goods became much easier to acquire making it redundant and a space waster. I think it was around early to mid 2020 when I deleted mine.

The North Wind

My take on the Tt ( from experience, and other players ) Its best not to use the Tt for GB's, but to instead use it to speedrun the continent map

Orius Maximus

I am considering replacing my Dresden with a Star Gazer though. Goods from 3 ages back is hardly useful, but previous age gets used more often. And they have the same footprint. Even when it went in, people were saying the SG was useless. I was shaking my head at them then, and I'm still shaking now.

Johnny B. Goode

I am considering replacing my Dresden with a Star Gazer though. Goods from 3 ages back is hardly useful, but previous age gets used more often. And they have the same footprint. Even when it went in, people were saying the SG was useless. I was shaking my head at them then, and I'm still shaking now.
The people who disrespect the Star Gazer are idiots. Previous age goods are always useful, and to have a GB that produces them and doesn't have to be Reno'd or OneUp'd when aging up is priceless.

xivarmy

I was a fan of star gazer when it came out. Less so now. Particularly with buildings like the panda shrine having crept up that you can eventually keep 1 age below you that do so much more than goods.

It's not awful though yet, I just don't know if I'd build a new one anymore. I wish it didn't taper off so hard with levels.

Orius Maximus

The people who disrespect the Star Gazer are idiots. Previous age goods are always useful, and to have a GB that produces them and doesn't have to be Reno'd or OneUp'd when aging up is priceless.

Exactly. Goods from 3 ages behind have exactly two uses, research and making refined goods.

With research, I have my current age fully researched. I no longer need goods from 3 ages behind to research anything anymore. And I stockpile goods for tech advancement before leveling up, so I already have everything I'll need next age.

And making refined goods? Smart players use event buildings and Chateau enhanced RQs for current age goods. Refined goods production has always been vulnerable to plunder, the buildings require two lane roads, and you're restricted by map deposits, though I think you eventually get all of them. I haven't relied on goods buildings in my main since late 2016.

Previous age goods though come up all the time in negotiations so a steady source of them is useful.

To get goods of the age I actually want, is it necessary to visit all of my friends individually? Seems that clicking "Aid All" is as likely to aid low-level friends as high-level, and even clicking "Aid" individually on people I know are high level, may randomly aid some tree? Or is it not random?