• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I keep 2 RQ slots or push for more expansions?

• Thread starter DeletedUser32824
  • Start date

DeletedUser32824

I'm in LMA and to the point on the INDA map where if I scout or conquer a certain province a new story quest will start and I will lose my 2nd RQ slot. I do a decent amount of RQs and I love the convenience of the 2nd slot for when my reward can automatically complete either a fnord or a spink quest, but it got me thinking, is my city better off with that 2nd slot and a few more RQs done per day, or is it better off with more land by pushing the C map even farther?

I've been negotiating and have about 3k of each colonial good to use (and trade up to INDA when I need to).

What do you guys think?

DeletedUser32824

I can't make any decisions in my city without the approval of the FOE forum conglomerate. I'll mark you down for a neutral!

UBERhelp1

Things I would consider:
  • Is the space necessary?
  • Do I really need reward expansions?
  • Do I have enough medals to get victory expansions?
  • Have I bought all the available diamond expansions?
Personally, I would say if you plan on camping for a while, don't advance, if you will move on soon, advance.

DeletedUser36705

Things I would consider:
Personally, I would say if you plan on camping for a while, don't advance, if you will move on soon, advance.

I concur, I think it depends on if you plan on advancing in age soon. Advancing much further on the map might cause you other problems if you go too far without aging up. If you do plan on aging up I'd go for the expansions.

I think it is up to you. Do it or don't do it.
Do we all know your city?

I think what agent means to say is that he needs a hug. For Pete's sake someone hug him.

DeletedUser29726

Well if you were paying attention you don't need to scout Las Penas, and if you don't scout Las Penas then the bonus line doesn't start and you can move onto PE just having taken garrincton.

DeletedUser32824

Great questions!
1. I'm starting to fill my city up with FP producing buildings and am almost to the point where I will have to start storing inefficient ones in favor for more efficient ones. So the space isn't necessary yet, but it could be soon!
2. I don't really *need* them.
3/4. I've bought all available diamond and victory expansions.

Also, I'm planning on camping in LMA for quite a while.
Advancing much further on the map might cause you other problems if you go too far without aging up.
Care to expand on possible problems?

DeletedUser36705

Care to expand on possible problems?

Just that it might get tougher and tougher to advance on the map and if an event quest asks you to scout a province or conquer sectors/provinces you may find it to be more trouble than it is worth and miss out on event prizes. You can always trade up for goods of course, its just that lots of folks have been complaining about that on the forum.

DeletedUser32824

its just that lots of folks have been complaining about that on the forum
I might be willing to do that or buy the goods (I should really look up how much it is to negotiate in later ages to see how many goods I'm looking at) with FP in order to get an expansion. Then I'm looking at FP or goods for expansions. That might take a bit of math though!

mamboking053

I'm in LMA and to the point on the INDA map where if I scout or conquer a certain province a new story quest will start and I will lose my 2nd RQ slot. I do a decent amount of RQs and I love the convenience of the 2nd slot for when my reward can automatically complete either a fnord or a spink quest, but it got me thinking, is my city better off with that 2nd slot and a few more RQs done per day, or is it better off with more land by pushing the C map even farther?

I've been negotiating and have about 3k of each colonial good to use (and trade up to INDA when I need to).

What do you guys think?

Are you currently moving through IndA story quests?

How in the world did you get past "A Noble Lifestyle"?

1. Have one palace, 1 coiffeur, or 10 potted plants

and

2. Pay 20,000 coins.

DeletedUser32824

Are you currently moving through IndA story quests?

How in the world did you get past "A Noble Lifestyle"?

1. Have one palace, 1 coiffeur, or 10 potted plants

and

2. Pay 20,000 coins
I stopped at this quest because I didn't want to inadvertently trigger losing my 2nd RQ slot. However, potted plants are an LMA decoration, so finishing this quest would be extremely easy.

DeletedUser29726

I stopped at this quest because I didn't want to inadvertently trigger losing my 2nd RQ slot. However, potted plants are an LMA decoration, so finishing this quest would be extremely easy.

It's not story that'll cost you the 2nd slot, it's map progress. Las Penas + Garrincton = industrial bonus line starts. Garrincton = access to PE map. Garrincton without Las Penas = safe to clear ahead as much further as you want.

DeletedUser32824

It's not story that'll cost you the 2nd slot, it's map progress. Las Penas + Garrincton = industrial bonus line starts. Garrincton = access to PE map. Garrincton without Las Penas = safe to clear ahead as much further as you want.
Thanks! I might try this!