• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

sniping

DeletedUser36572

Boy, I don't get it at all. You are all railing against FoE coming up with a defence against sniping. You, who get hundreds of f/ps daily and take pleasure in the rewards, deny those same pleasures to players who only get 40 or 50 f/ps a day. I think that is totally selfish and you have forgotten that this is a game, should be fun for everybody. For those who did not play before there was an arc, there was no sniping and the anger that resulted from it.

Perhaps if you embrace the Art of Strategic Sniping, you will find yourself earning 100’s of Forge Points daily a bit sooner than if you expect other players to embrace the completely idiotic approach of trying turn 50 Forge Points a day into something significant, by simply suggesting you deserve it for some ridiculous reason.

Sniping Is Productive

Emberguard

In my years of playing, I have never seen 5 high level players leave the game in a 2 month period. Perhaps its just a statistical anomaly, I don't know. I have no idea what the big picture is, but neither do you.
Worth noting GBG came out in early November. So it's been out for 4 months now.

In my main world shortly after GBGs release two long time players deleted their cities / accounts. But they had already been quitting and coming back every few months for the last couple years. One of these players had prior to that even stopped playing the main game altogether and was doing purely settlements. So even before GBG's release they were ready to stop playing, it just gave the nudge to get serious about it instead of remaining double minded on the issue and finding excuses to either halfheartedly quit or stay.

The Lady Redneck

I
In my years of playing, I have never seen 5 highlevel players leave the game in a 2 month period.
I remember some high and low level players upping and leaving the game "never to return" after GvG was launched( I was one of the low level ones LOL). I deleted my cities and character. Then ended up kicking myself when I decided to come back a few months later. I saw others do the same when GE was launched. So I was expecting the same thing after GBG came along. Some like me have come back. Some have even left again and returned. but none that I have spoken to have left because of things like sniping. It has been because they got fed up of the never ending changes to the game that new additions meant.

Agent327

Boy, I don't get it at all.

You are totally right about that.

You are all railing against FoE coming up with a defence against sniping. You, who get hundreds of f/ps daily and take pleasure in the rewards, deny those same pleasures to players who only get 40 or 50 f/ps a day. I think that is totally selfish and you have forgotten that this is a game, should be fun for everybody. For those who did not play before there was an arc, there was no sniping and the anger that resulted from it.

There are several ways to defend against sniping and we all had to use them before we got hundreds of fp's daily. We have all been players who got 40 or 50 nfps a day and we used our brain and worked our way up.

What you want is an easy fix from Inno and there is absolutely no reason for that. Why should the game be made easier for players that started recently and do not have the brains or the patience to figure out how to do it?. Ever thought about the possible abuse that might bring about a defence against snipers?

Mustapha00

This is yet another of those topics which has been around just about as long as I've played the game (going on 4.5 years at this point- incidentally, that is the longest time I've ever played an online game).

If Inno considered this enough of a problem that it negatively affected their bottom line, they'd fix it. But it's obvious they do not see it as being serious enough to warrant any sort of a "fix". We as players either have to decide if the 'problem' negatively affects out enjoyment to the point that it ruins the experience, or we tolerate it. At least up until now, I'd guess- and it's only that, a guess- more people are in the former camp than the latter one.

firebirdchena

Hi
I'm not going to respond to those of you who appear to think that sniping is a sacred cow, except to say that I am not the first, nor will I be the last. So try to keep an open mind when you respond to the next one.

Thank you Algona, you have given me another perspective that I will think hard on. I'm an old dog, retired for some time and this is the only virtual game that I have ever played. I am not knowledgable about todays digital equipment. I know how to turn on my PC, but have never found the 'off switch' lol
I am sure that some of my values are outdated. I have a small guild and a smaller guild. I know all my guild mates and they feel a part of the guild.
I will think on the info that you and a couple of other players have given me.
Thank you all for your participation in my venture into the forum.
I will retire from this conversation, wishing you all "Good luck & Good hunting"

DeletedUser36572

If Inno considered this enough of a problem that it negatively affected their bottom line, they'd fix it. But it's obvious they do not see it as being serious enough to warrant any sort of a "fix". We as players either have to decide if the 'problem' negatively affects out enjoyment to the point that it ruins the experience, or we tolerate it. At least up until now, I'd guess- and it's only that, a guess- more people are in the former camp than the latter one.

I understand that it upsets players at times ... But I am entirely in the camp that refuses to view any player getting the rewards they invest the appropriate Forge Points in ... As a “problem”.

To me (just my opinion) ... For players to get upset about something that is in no way guaranteed by the existing game parameters ... Is the same as just creating something to get upset about simply because they didn’t get what they want ... Especially when someone else is willing to pay what was necessary for what they want.

You Get What You Pay For,
Not Necessarily What You Expect
Others To Allow You

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For those who did not play before there was an arc, there was no sniping and the anger that resulted from it.
This is not true. I have been playing for 5+ years also and there definitely was sniping before the Arc. It has gotten more prevalent since the introduction and proliferation of the Arc, but you are not helping your already feeble case by stating blatant untruths under the assumption that no one here has been playing long enough to know better.
You, who get hundreds of f/ps daily and take pleasure in the rewards, deny those same pleasures to players who only get 40 or 50 f/ps a day.
Nobody is denying anything to anyone. We all have the same opportunities and access to the same game mechanics and features. I fall somewhere in the middle of your "classification" of players. In 4 of my cities I get between 100 and 200 FP per day just from collections. In the other two cities (Bronze and Iron Age) I get less than 50 per day in normal collections. And I rarely snipe. I also have been on the bad end of sniping when trying to help lower level guild mates get BPs. Yet I disagree wholeheartedly with your assertion that there should be a game mechanic introduced to prevent sniping. As several have mentioned, there are strategies to circumvent it within the existing mechanics. Someone who has been playing for 5 years should have figured that out by now.