• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

sniping

firebirdchena

Has the response to sniping been positive or negative overall? Has it been suggested that a defence for it be enabled by FoE?

RazorbackPirate

Positive or negative depends on which side of the snipe you're on. Many proposals have been made over the years, all have been met with overwhelming resistance. Bottom line, sniping is part of the game. It's easy enough to guard against it without additional controls, and rare enough not to worry about.

There's an entire thread dedicated to the hate mail snipers get, it's quite entertaining to see the unhinged reactions from those who've been sniped. There's some pretty funny stuff in there.

firebirdchena

Consider this please.

I have been playing for over 5 years, therefore my GB's are at reasonable high levels. I have a number of guild mates who are rookies or under a million points. We trade f/ps to what they can afford and they look forward to collecting those rewards. Imagine how they feel when a couple of snipers knock them out. This would discourage anyone. This turns one from having fun to being upset or angry.
I'm not saying get rid of sniping, give us a defence against it as they have in being able to block looting.
Please excuse my run on sentences, grammar and I are not friends! lol

RazorbackPirate

Consider this please.

I have been playing for over 5 years, therefore my GB's are at reasonable high levels. I have a number of guild mates who are rookies or under a million points. We trade f/ps to what they can afford and they look forward to collecting those rewards. Imagine how they feel when a couple of snipers knock them out. This would discourage anyone. This turns one from having fun to being upset or angry.
I'm not saying get rid of sniping, give us a defense against it as they have in being able to block looting.
Please excuse my run on sentences, grammar and I are not friends! lol
Seems to me you need to change your process. You're creating the situation that leaves your GBs ripe for snipers at the expense of your guild mates. Stop doing that.

This issue has been discussed here ad nauseam, with proposal after proposal meeting zero success. Playing for over 5 years, it should be obvious by now that Inno has no intention of giving you tools to prevent others from donating to your GBs. This is an issue you need to solve on your own.

firebirdchena

Its players like you, at the top of the game, that ignore how other players feel. You might be interested to know how many players are leaving the game. Eventually FoE will have no choice as it is effecting their bottom line.
Also , if as you say "ad nauseam" there must be many players who disagree with you. If enough of us stand up, FoE must listen as they are not doing this for your health.

Graviton

Its players like you, at the top of the game, that ignore how other players feel.

Other players' feelings aren't his responsibility.

You might be interested to know how many players are leaving the game. Eventually FoE will have no choice as it is effecting their bottom line.

Everybody who has even the slightest gripe about this game claims that players are leaving in droves because of it, and yet it's never true.

firebirdchena

Thats interesting, how do you know this? do you have stats to support that statement

It would be good for all of us at the top of the heap, to remember when we were the little guy and this was a game to have fun in.

The Lady Redneck

There are two sides to this. I prefer to use snipers to help those in my guild who cannot yet put down large numbers of FPs to secure the top spots, I thank the snipers. And when my GB is ready to flip I message them to let them know. That way the top 2 spots are locked which leaves the 3rd, 4th and 5th ready for those in the guild who can afford those lesser amounts. I get my GB levelled fast, at no cost to myself. The rookies get the rewards from the spots they can afford. And the snipers are on board to watch and help.

Graviton

Thats interesting, how do you know this? do you have stats to support that statement

Yeah, the game continues to grow and the company continues to be profitable. https://www.innogames.com/company/about-us/ Plus I'm not the one making the claims about all the people quitting the game and threatening Inno's bottom line, you are. Let's see your numbers.

It would be good for all of us at the top of the heap, to remember when we were the little guy and this was a game to have fun in.

We do remember that. We remember how we lost spots to snipers occasionally, and how we somehow managed to continue playing and succeeding in spite of it. It's just another part of the game but if it's too emotionally jarring for some people then I agree, they should quit.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

That's interesting. You make an unsupported statement that players are leaving the game, and then when someone disagrees with that unsupported statement, you ask them to support their view.

If you were a Forum regular for 5 years, you would know that players are always threatening to "leave the game". Every time there is a change to the game, we hear the same thing. Not to mention when something like this is brought up (that has been part of the game since there have been GB donations, by the way) and all of a sudden players are "leaving the game" because of it. And yet Inno keeps raking in the profits and new worlds are still being added, so clearly more players are joining the game than are allegedly leaving the game.

firebirdchena

I Play in D and W. In D, there are 5 long term players on my friends list, leaving the game. Their points are from 16 million to 2 at 60 million. Then there are the lower turnovers which you may expect. [13] These are occurring as we speak.
I don't know how this forum works, but I did not come here to quibble over what has done on in the past. I was hoping to find solid information and also who to talk to to formulate a plan going forward. For those who are not aware, there is a small group in W who are trying to form a club with the idea that a player who snipes indiscriminately, that those in the club would drop any guild members from their list, refuse to m/p those guild members in their hood and not pick up trades from any player belonging to that guild. Can you imagine what impact that would have if the idea catches on!

Algona

5 years in game. Started second city three years ago, third city last year. So I dig the process of BP hunting can be a trial in frustration until learning best BP hunting practices for new cities.

Teaching new players those practices is more beneficial long term for then because those same practices teach players how not to get sniped and are profitable FP wise.

IF you insist on helping new players get the 1 and 2 slots on your GBs here's how I do it.

The GBs can;t be in or near the sweet spot, they have to well below or above.

2 and only 2 new players donate to my GB (I do this a lot for Obs) as soon as a new level opens.at a 2:1 ratio. Side note: The amount per day is unimportant, the 2:1 ratio is, the more they donate though the faster the process.

They donate daily until the lower donation gets close but not to the point whee it makes profitably sniping the top spot possible. Then I donate enough to lock the 1 and 2 slots in, then offer up the 3 4 5 slots to other players.

Sure, it costs me some FPs, but I rcan afford a few hunfred or a couple thousand every couple of weeks.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Graviton

I Play in D and W. In D, there are 5 long term players on my friends list, leaving the game. Their points are from 16 million to 2 at 60 million. Then there are the lower turnovers which you may expect. [13] These are occurring as we speak.

I think Inno's bottom line will survive your anecdotal evidence.

I don't know how this forum works, but I did not come here to quibble over what has done on in the past. I was hoping to find solid information and also who to talk to to formulate a plan going forward.

This forum works like every other forum: you post a question or opinion and strangers weigh in on it. The past was mentioned because, as I said, you sound like every other person who has claimed that their peeve is driving players away in such numbers that the company will soon fold. It hasn't, and it won't.

For those who are not aware, there is a small group in W who are trying to form a club with the idea that a player who snipes indiscriminately, that those in the club would drop any guild members from their list, refuse to m/p those guild members in their hood and not pick up trades from any player belonging to that guild. Can you imagine what impact that would have if the idea catches on!

Oh do keep us updated on your progress. I would honestly love to hear how Cancel Culture affects FoE. You could follow the advice of other posters in this thread by managing your own GBs to reduce the chances of being sniped, but I'm sure it's much more satisfying to ostracize people who play differently than you do!

Last edited:

firebirdchena

Graviton, you have a negative approach to open discussion if you don't agree with the content. Maybe its time you talked to players [lower era]

Thanks Scheherazade, I have tried that and it does work, but still takes away from running your guild and your city as the game was set up. [ps, I like the symphony]

Thanks Algona, I will log that info and try it if I fail to get full control of my city again, as we did before the Arc. and that certainly does not sound promising.

Is there a platform in which a player can talk to FoE planners?

Algona

Is there a platform in which a player can talk to FoE planners?

Nothing official The best available?. The Bugs thread does get reviewed, but is not a place you should post something that is not an actual bug. Official Feedback threads get reviewed. Approved Proposals get sent to the devs. There is some albeit slight evidence that devs read some forum threads occasionally.

Best bet is to catch one of the live Q&A shows put on occasionally.

Vger

For those who are not aware, there is a small group in W who are trying to form a club with the idea that a player who snipes indiscriminately, that those in the club would drop any guild members from their list, refuse to m/p those guild members in their hood and not pick up trades from any player belonging to that guild.
According to foestats, there are 140K active players on the US server. 4K of them are on W. When you say 'small group', how small? Is it 400? That would be 10%. Naw..doubt that. 40? 1%? I might believe that.

Can you imagine what impact that would have if the idea catches on!
I would imagine almost none. I think the effort required to maintain a blacklist of every sniper that you then cross check against each member of your hood so you know who not to aid or trade or let in your guild....well, just not worth the effort.