• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping

Mr. Beepers

As i progress from Age to Age.... I keep getting people sniping me.... Putting 1 FP on a Great Building, and benefiting from it...

All my friends i gotta put 200 - 300 FP just to maintain the first or 2nd spot...

Yet there's users who are putting 1 FP.. and benefitting from it... and getting 500x more for just putting 1 FP...

Is there a way to Lock my Great buildings... because it seems... nobody wants to play fair, or put a decent amount of FP to help my GB... there has to be an option... where i can lock my buildings..

Also.. this guy isn't on my friends list.... so i dunno how he's able to put FP on my buildings...

If anyone knows what can be done to fix this, or what i need to do... to lock my Great Buildings i would greatly appreciate it...

Like i said... this is an Ongoing problem for me.... and i don't know why but everyone keeps sniping me, and people aren't getting penalized for it... it's just a little unfair... that everyone is allowed to snipe me... but i can't even do that to anyone else...

Ebeondi Asi

Learn how to use a 1.9 thread. Learn how to lock your GB. for 1.9 threads.
Players wo use 1.9 and know how to properly lock their GB positions do not get sniped. Players who use swap threadsand or jus toss FPs on with no plan are begging to be sniped.
Also players who get sniped become the main targets. Players who do not make Great Building mistakes rarely get sniped. Your GBs are being targeted because you are an easy mark. Who does not know what to do.
The way to what players call 'lock' a position' is to have exactly twice what the position is worth at 1.9 times the Gbs posted value of the position open. And only that amount. more or less is a problem. the twice is like a golden spot. If they take it and lock then they paid the right amount. if they try to pay less, then a friend of your can pay what they paid plus one and knock them off fo a loss
All 1.9 type 'safe' play is based on the twice factor.
Also never let players add smaller amounts that the 1.9 positions. that is why swap threads cause so much trouble.
And why 1,9 rules say the positions have to be taken in order, and not out of order.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

As i progress from Age to Age.... I keep getting people sniping me.... Putting 1 FP on a Great Building, and benefiting from it...
That's not really sniping. That's just smart playing. You must be self leveling for this to be happening a lot. It happens to me, too, but I don't care.
Yet there's users who are putting 1 FP.. and benefitting from it... and getting 500x more for just putting 1 FP...
Again, this is just smart playing...and well within the rules of the game.
Is there a way to Lock my Great buildings
No. And there shouldn't be. That would be a huge change to the game and only benefit bad players.
Also.. this guy isn't on my friends list.... so i dunno how he's able to put FP on my buildings...
Anyone in your neighborhood, guild or on your friends list can put FP on your Great Buildings.
If anyone knows what can be done to fix this, or what i need to do... to lock my Great Buildings i would greatly appreciate it...
The only way to "lock" your GBs is to disconnect them from the road. But then no one can donate to them, including you. Honestly, there's nothing here to fix.
Like i said... this is an Ongoing problem for me.... and i don't know why but everyone keeps sniping me, and people aren't getting penalized for it... it's just a little unfair... that everyone is allowed to snipe me... but i can't even do that to anyone else...
You can actually do the same thing to others. Just find some self-levelers in your neighborhood and put 1 FP on their GBs.

Emberguard

Why does it matter they benefit from the Forge Point? In what way does them putting 1 Forge Point on your building negatively impact your game? Every Forge Point added reduces your own contribution needed

and i don't know why but everyone keeps sniping me, and people aren't getting penalized for it... it's just a little unfair... that everyone is allowed to snipe me...
The rewards are there specifically for those that contribute to your buildings. That's the purpose of the rewards.

but i can't even do that to anyone else...
There's nothing stopping you from placing Forge Points on other peoples Great Buildings. You can add to anyone on your Friends, Guild and Neighborhood lists

What people would normally do is set up deals with each other so they benefit from each others Great Building rewards. You're only going to get 1 Forge Point donations if you're not networking with other players to increase the donations received, and make it undesirable for outsiders to contribute

PJS299

Whew! A lot of ellipses!

There's a thing called 'sniping,' where players put FPs on one of your GBs, and make a profit. This is usually done in a manner that makes nobody be able to put on more than them. What you are describing is not people sniping, it is people noticing that you are self leveling, and so they put on 1 FP and make a profit. (That was kind of confusing) You put on FPs to level your GB. Since you are the owner, you don't get any back. What you want to do is minimize the FPs you have to put on your GB. Since you are self leveling, you are spending way more FPs than you have to, which allows people to gain from your loss. If you learn to use a 1.9 thread, then this problem will stop. Join a good, active guild. Sorry, that wasn't the greatest explanation, look at the above comments.

What I have seen some self levelers do, is they don't put roads to their GBs, which makes people unable to donate to them. Then, when they want to donate, they put a road to it, put on the FPs, and then take the road away.

I'm not the best at explaining this, but I would recommend finding a higher level, active guild that has a 1.9. Then learn to use the 1.9. This will pretty much stop your problem. Also, you can put FPs on other GBs.

Pericles the Lion

All my friends i gotta put 200 - 300 FP just to maintain the first or 2nd spot...

Is there a way to Lock my Great buildings... because it seems... nobody wants to play fair, or put a decent amount of FP to help my GB... there has to be an option... where i can lock my buildings..

I contribute an average of 30K FPs to other players GBs every day and I have yet to see an instance where a player that contributed 1FP (to tag the gb) ended up collecting 500 FPs when the building levelled. But, it is possible. In most cases, the GB owner controls when the GB levels. This being the case, don't level your GB when a sniper is in an unsecure P1-P5 position. Using your example, reach out to one of your friends to let them know that they can contribute 2FPs to boot the sniper and they can collect 500 FPs in return. Then flip your GB. Your friend will love you for it and the sniper gets his comeuppance.

Hawjack

This has been said before, but learning how to use a 1.9 thread is a big deal. That and making sure you have an Arc at level 80 (minimum). But in my opinion, once that's done, it's time to find a guild which has moved beyond swap threads and anything that promotes self-leveling.

Once you have both a level 80 Arc and a guild that exclusively uses 1.9 (or better) threads, you can just keep all your other buildings locked and just bank points each day. Then, when you are ready to run a level, you unlock that level.

If you only prime and post a single spot at a time for that level, the odds of you actually getting sniped are really low. I don't know if any of that helps, but that's been my experience anyway. The only time I've actually been sniped is when I primed and posted a whole level at once... trust me, don't do that, it's just asking to be sniped LOL.

Remember to have fun :)

jimakoskx

But nobody answered like this...
Hey Mr.Beepers...i dont know how old are you ,,,
but no reason to be so SELFISH...IN the game or even out of it.
Because games are for make or LIVES better
but also make US better...it is reall not shame for me at all that i am answering you like this.
----
Why the 'hell' (its just an expresion-[for moderators case])
...why the 'hell' you would throw some PIECES of BREAD from your hamburgers
INTTO the garbage been...and in case you see someone go eat it....you will
'call' for a LAW COUNCIL....to discuss making laws for not hapening this!!

SO...be a little more EASY in your MIND ....being NICE and kind ....its reall an advise for you!
---
"let your neigboors be happy man !"
Make this also to them will MAKE you HAPPY by USING the game ABILITIES that created for us to be happy!