• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Snipping

Emberguard

A Godly person that’s proud of being a cheat..what are the chances of that…

They're not cheating anyone of anything. It's a game. The resources doesn't belong to anyone except whoever gets there first, and they obviously didn't have an agreement with each other.

Godly Luke

A Godly person that’s proud of being a cheat..what are the chances of that…
Funny, two firsts in this thread now! Surely someone with a high enough Arc, say 91, has plenty of options and opportunities of increasing their available forge point supply, whether that be by 1.9 threads or sniping others themself. "Cheating" someone out of 50 forge points for someone with a sufficiently leveled Arc, a very active and able guild, considering the number 1 placement, would be scraps comparatively. Perhaps one should be more careful about opening up levels on great buildings and what time they prime them. I certainly hope you would agree.

Disgruntled Veteran

Funny, two firsts in this thread now! Surely someone with a high enough Arc, say 91, has plenty of options and opportunities of increasing their available forge point supply, whether that be by 1.9 threads or sniping others themself. "Cheating" someone out of 50 forge points for someone with a sufficiently leveled Arc, a very active and able guild, considering the number 1 placement, would be scraps comparatively. Perhaps one should be more careful about opening up levels on great buildings and what time they prime them. I certainly hope you would agree.

I open all lvls right away welcoming free fps. I only prime spots right before placing in 1.9. That way I can decide if snipers get bumped down or not depending if they’ve paid for a spot or not. FPs placed by snipers that are ridiculously low amounts just get added to the amount I need to place to lock a position. Low contributions will never get a spot, but they do help lower my cost! :D

Pericles the Lion

I open all lvls right away welcoming free fps. I only prime spots right before placing in 1.9. That way I can decide if snipers get bumped down or not depending if they’ve paid for a spot or not. FPs placed by snipers that are ridiculously low amounts just get added to the amount I need to place to lock a position. Low contributions will never get a spot, but they do help lower my cost! :D
If the sniper knows what they are doing they will lock in their spot and you will not be able to bump them.

Johnny B. Goode

If they don't lock in their spot, then they're not snipers. Snipers always lock in their spot. If they donate outside your plans, but don't lock in, they're something other than a sniper.

Disgruntled Veteran

If they don't lock in their spot, then they're not snipers. Snipers always lock in their spot. If they donate outside your plans, but don't lock in, they're something other than a sniper.

I’ve noticed a lot of players trying to place either 10 or even just 1 fp in an attempt to take cheap spots, never works lol But I also noticed a lot of other players (mostly new) just throwing a bunch of fps to take higher spots without doing any math. There’s still a lot of players going through the learning curve

Pericles the Lion

I’ve noticed a lot of players trying to place either 10 or even just 1 fp in an attempt to take cheap spots, never works lol But I also noticed a lot of other players (mostly new) just throwing a bunch of fps to take higher spots without doing any math. There’s still a lot of players going through the learning curve
The players tagging your GBs with 1 FP are probably snipers wanting an alert for when you level the GB so that they can come back and lock a spot on the next level. In this context, snipers do not always lock their spot.

Disgruntled Veteran

The players tagging your GBs with 1 FP are probably snipers wanting an alert for when you level the GB so that they can come back and lock a spot on the next level. In this context, snipers do not always lock their spot.

Either way, everything that has already been said multiple times about how to prevent snipping is 100% true. The best route that I prefer is simply being in an extremely active cross guild 1.9. Since I joined a new 1.9 I’ve seen GBs clear within the same minute they were posted countless times. Other than that, all that’s needed(for some players) is to use the GB calculator and put the owner fp requirement to lock spots. It’s not rocket science, other players made it super simple. I can only imagine what it was like when 1.9 threads first came to be. :oops:

Edit: The people putting just 1fp on my GBs are always the first fp placed. Doesn’t make sense, I know they’re just throwing an fp hoping it will place, but these people are too new to realize that’s a bad idea.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Okay, so if a sniper is actively sniping that level they will always lock their spot. Happy now?