• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

so sloooww!!!

UBERhelp1

If I had to guess, it is that the most recent update added a lot of stuff behind the scenes. The assets for the next settlement and the next two events have been added recently. There is usually a small adjustment period after each update, and since it added so much, could be worse than normal.

Falconwing

Yeah, something recently happened. I was using Chrome and it was fine, then it just went to unplayable. I switched to Opera.

This is actually the second time since I started playing the game that Chrome mysteriously stopped working well and I had to switch browsers. It was a few years ago, but one day Chrome just went to shit and I had to switch to Opera. I don't remember when Chrome got better or why I switched back.

Emberguard

Update: for those having trouble.

Please go into your chrome browser settings and check if hardware acceleration is enabled. We’d like you to try enabling it and report back on the results. Does hardware acceleration improve things or not?

Aloysius the Wise

I use Google Chrome 100% of the time and yes, I have experienced the solw-down, I mean stand-still as well. I downloaded and started using Firefox, just for FOE and that is working very well. Just a suggestion.

eccebozo

Very slow on my laptop in Chrome since Friday evening. Interestingly, Chrome on my desktop still works fine. Confirmed that both have same version, and hardware acceleration is turned on for both. I tried clearing cache and files on my laptop to no avail. Edge is only slightly faster. Firefox works better, not that I'm going to use that regularly.

Emberguard

Very slow on my laptop in Chrome since Friday evening. Interestingly, Chrome on my desktop still works fine. Confirmed that both have same version, and hardware acceleration is turned on for both.
What Operating System are each of those devices using?

I see from what you’ve said it’s slow with the hardware acceleration on for the laptop, is it the same speed of slow? Or less slow then without the hardware acceleration?

Same question for the desktop. You’ve said it works fine with the hardware acceleration on, does it still work fine with it off? Just need a comparison of whether it makes a difference or not.

eccebozo

What Operating System are each of those devices using?

I see from what you’ve said it’s slow with the hardware acceleration on for the laptop, is it the same speed of slow? Or less slow then without the hardware acceleration?

Same question for the desktop. You’ve said it works fine with the hardware acceleration on, does it still work fine with it off? Just need a comparison of whether it makes a difference or not.

Both machines are Windows 10 Pro (the free upgrade). But the processors are different. With hardware acceleration turned OFF, it is way, way slower on both machines. On the desktop where it's normal with acceleration on, the speed with it off is still a little better than on the laptop with it on.

Laptop AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.9 GHz, 8GB RAM
Desktop Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.1 GHz, 8GB RAM

JDP1845

This same issue is also happening to me. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All of a sudden the chrome browser loads this game extremely slowly (to the point where it is unusable). Firefox still works absolutely fine, and I tried the Brave browser as well (runs off Chromium) and it also has severe lag issues making it unplayable.

I think it has something to do with recent chrome upgrades involving flash injection (chrome is moving away from Flash, so this will be a long term issue, and could be a big problem over all if other browsers follow)

Rolnis

Hi everyone, I downloaded and installed the game about 5 days ago now... But since Sunday, I've never been able to play again due to extreme lag issues!
Had no problem on first 2 days...
I was using Window Edge browser, switched to Google Chrome thinking that was the issue.... all my other games which are way more demanding graphically have zero issues.

Cleared my cookies, cache... reset my internet.... obviously if my other games are good... what's up?

RigbyTheGreat

Just another 'me too' here and more info for debug...

Was playing on Chrome just fine until this weekend. Migrated from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro. Still worked fine until yesterday then, as others have mentioned, loads dog slow, when it's loaded, it's like nothing is in cache anymore as every little visual component on the screen has to be reloaded. CPU use in task mgr goes to 100% as well. Game is essentially unplayable (15+ sec between mouse clicks and interactions of any kind). HW acceleration is on but doesn't help.

Followed the suggestion to use 'Edge' and gameplay seems to be back to normal (if not very close). Chrome not showing signs of bogging similarly with any other sites.

Cheers!

Rigby

Emberguard

Hi everyone, I downloaded and installed the game about 5 days ago now... But since Sunday, I've never been able to play again due to extreme lag issues!
Had no problem on first 2 days...
I was using Window Edge browser, switched to Google Chrome thinking that was the issue.... all my other games which are way more demanding graphically have zero issues.

Cleared my cookies, cache... reset my internet.... obviously if my other games are good... what's up?
Could you please give me some more details on your problem?
1) What Operating System are you using?
2) Have you tried hardware acceleration on the browser and if so, what difference did it make?
3) Have you tried Firefox or Opera browsers?
4) Are you able to give any other details that may be relevant?

The Lady Redneck

I changed from IE to Firefox when the game changed to HTML5 and have had no real problems since. I have had a silght lag a few times when they have been adding something new to the game, but that always happens and only lasts a short time. I have had no problems at all recently. but some members of the guild I am in have reported very bad problems with the game freezing and being unplayable on their phones since the last update. Again I have Firefox on my phone and have had no issues.

JDP1845

This same issue is also happening to me. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All of a sudden the chrome browser loads this game extremely slowly (to the point where it is unusable). Firefox still works absolutely fine, and I tried the Brave browser as well (runs off Chromium) and it also has severe lag issues making it unplayable.

I think it has something to do with recent chrome upgrades involving flash injection (chrome is moving away from Flash, so this will be a long term issue, and could be a big problem over all if other browsers follow)
Update on this - now when I try to load chrome I get the "HTML failed to load the game properly, please reload the game" message over and over. I have not changed anything from when it loaded extremely slow to now. Tried clearly cache, cookies, reinstalling chrome, etc. This error still only happening in Chrome.

Emberguard

Update on this - now when I try to load chrome I get the "HTML failed to load the game properly, please reload the game" message over and over. I have not changed anything from when it loaded extremely slow to now. Tried clearly cache, cookies, reinstalling chrome, etc. This error still only happening in Chrome.
Is this with Hardware Acceleration turned on or off? (In Chrome)