• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

• Forge Bowl: 3 weeks
  • St. Patrick's: 3 weeks
  • Anniversary: 3 weeks
  • Wildlife: 3 weeks
  • Summer: 5ish weeks
  • Fellowship: 3 weeks
  • Soccer: 3 weeks.
What point are you trying to make here? Most of the events have been three weeks.
You are right, they only SEEMED like a month long because they were so boring. So I'm amending my suggestion to say that events should be 2 weeks maximum with three weeks between events minimum.

xivarmy

You are right, they only SEEMED like a month long because they were so boring. So I'm amending my suggestion to say that events should be 2 weeks maximum with three weeks between events minimum.
They experimented with 2 week events last year (2022 wildlife and 2022 fall) - they were pretty much nerfed 3 week events.

I'd agree more time off between events would be nice. But I don't really want them shorter from what we've seen of shorter (it seemed to be in 2022 they were shrinking them to pack more in while making them less rewarding individually)

Heck some of the longer ones like summer are kinda like having a couple extra weeks off - if they don't require constant attention. Because you have a similar amount of quest work approximately whether it's over 3 weeks or 5.

Chigurh

I have a question. In the Anniversary event, we merged gems to make red, green and blue keys, but they did not spawn equally. Red would spawn 40%, with green and blue 30% each. Will that be the same for this event?

Sharmon the Impaler

This is just a reskin of the Anniversary event and besides the soccer ball at the top has nothing to do with soccer. I will be skipping this one. Just make all the events have the same mechanics and then you can lay off all your event developers.

Something tedious like the St Pats event so you can just make it one big year long event with a 1 day break at Christmas. Why even bother calling them workshops or festivals or soccer games , just put dots on the screen and give them different names like Dot 1 and Dot 2 , etc. Have one massive 1000 Attack/ 1000 defense "Reward" at the end of the year for the top 1% but have the non "Golden" updated only be worth 10 Attack / 10 Defense so if you don't spend money and a lot of it then they would be worthless.

Heck even make it easier for your developers and just put a black square in the middle of the screen that you have to click on and pay $5/day for and if you miss a day then you lose all your progress for even more excitement !!!

Last edited:

LoveNkind

I miss the old historical events. They were short (a week or so, if I remember correctly) and simple, didn't take up much time per day, and when they were over you were left with a fairly unique, although admittedly not hugely powerful building. It was just enough to be fun and interesting without being tedious or difficult. I agree there should be fewer events, but it would be nice if some of the events were closer to the historical events than to a 3 week long, time-consuming slog.
Me too. Very much. I especially remember wearing Rosa Parks face for a little while to honor her.

LoveNkind

I often wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. So the game started. Tutorial very easy as it showed you exactly where to click and you moved on. After that, I could not merge a single thing. Nothing I clicked on responded. Gotta go back to bed and find a Mooing Cat or something tomorrow to tell me how to play.

Ebeondi Asi

You (meaning yeah you do this first) have to SPAWN a bit for 10 units Those are the starters that can merge with the locked bits on the field.
The locked bits on the field do nothing together only unlocked bits can move/merge and the first ones you can get you create by spending 10 units a pop. You can spawn many unlocked bits. The session "can" end (and a free restart) when you have unlocked all the locked units on the field. no matter how many merges you make.The strategy for non-Diamondis four fields aday, spawn 9 each. spend no more than 500 balls per day. Do not try to clear the Field!

I have to say I'm unhappy with this minigame. It is way too annoying o_O
I ahve to sayI dislike this minigame. They took away a unique event and turned it into a clone? that is not happy face. :mad:

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I Iike the mini-games, like this one, that require some thought. Rather this than have to depend entirely on RNG to get the best rewards.

Dursland

So we're debating in discord - anyone know which is better, 4 boards with 16 spawns each or 5 boards with 10 spawns each?

Sharmon the Impaler

I think if you included removing icons from the screens of Forge Plus subscribers with a checkbox when you make lame events like this one you probably will get more sales. This is the easiest event I ever skipped and I didn’t even go through the tutorial to get rid of the bouncing soccer ball

Pericles the Lion

So we're debating in discord - anyone know which is better, 4 boards with 16 spawns each or 5 boards with 10 spawns each?
I think that the answer is "neither" is good unless spending diamonds/cash. Both of these strategies will consume more footballs that the bamme will provide for free. The recommended strategy is 4 boards, 9 spawns.

Dursland

Clearly we are talking about with diamonds here.

So which is better, 4 boards with higher spawns or 5 boards?

LoveNkind

This answer will depend on how much time and money you are willing to spend on the game. 4 x 16 = 64 total. 5x 10 = 50. So the larger spawns goes with more investment. Consider 12 spawns times 5 boards, as well.

Pericles the Lion

Clearly we are talking about with diamonds here.

So which is better, 4 boards with higher spawns or 5 boards?
4x16 will cost 640/day for the spawns and 140/day for the resets, 780/day total. The 5x10 will cost 500 for the spawns and 300/day for the resets, 800/day total. Assuming that all other game strategies remain the same it is clear that the 4x16 is better than the 5x10. It's cheaper and provides more progress (based on completed boards).

Xenosaur

Price of poker... going up again? I think the previous GOLD tracks were 24.99 (US). This one's 28.99 (US).

Silver track still 14.99.