• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

UBERhelp1

4x16 will cost 640/day for the spawns and 140/day for the resets, 780/day total. The 5x10 will cost 500 for the spawns and 300/day for the resets, 800/day total. Assuming that all other game strategies remain the same it is clear that the 4x16 is better than the 5x10. It's cheaper and provides more progress (based on completed boards).
Except it doesn't. With each player you spawn, you're going to get diminishing returns on the progress you can get per player. I'd wager (and this is completely untested) that you would still be better going for the fifth board.

Johnny B. Goode

Try your mobile device, perchance? Once again, the price track bifurcates based on platform!! LOL

View attachment 20626
Yes, it is $4 more on mobile than on PC for the Gold bundle. Also, with the offer of SoccerBalls with Diamond purchase, I would get more Diamonds on PC than for the same price package on mobile. For the $199.99 package the difference is 2000 Diamonds.

xivarmy

Clearly we are talking about with diamonds here.

So which is better, 4 boards with higher spawns or 5 boards?

Except it doesn't. With each player you spawn, you're going to get diminishing returns on the progress you can get per player. I'd wager (and this is completely untested) that you would still be better going for the fifth board.

In my opinion, 4 incomplete board resets a day plus aiming for some amount of full clears (on boards when it's likely to not cost too much (i.e. < 160 more) - look for ones where you don't need too many of 1 specific type of token to be spawned).

5 boards a day is still not going to make that much headway and comes at a great additional cost. And adding a few more spawns per board on most boards will not increase the value substantially as you've already sucked most of the value out and now there's a high chance your next spawn does nothing for you.

Northlea

1692658926861.png seriously - was this not tested - who creates a white progress back ground on white text. They need to change the text color to black at least.

Dursland

5 boards a day is still not going to make that much headway and comes at a great additional cost. And adding a few more spawns per board on most boards will not increase the value substantially as you've already sucked most of the value out and now there's a high chance your next spawn does nothing for you.
So the first part of your sentence says doing 5 boards isn't good.

But then the second part of your sentence says more spawns per board is not much value. So that means doing a 5th board is indeed better?

Can you clarify?

xivarmy

So the first part of your sentence says doing 5 boards isn't good.

But then the second part of your sentence says more spawns per board is not much value. So that means doing a 5th board is indeed better?

Can you clarify?
My point is it's better to do neither of your options as a matter of routine... That if you're trying to optimize you should move toward a dynamic stop. Some boards may be worth a few spawns to keep trying to get value. Some boards may be worth trying to full clear. Other boards may be worth stopping earlier.

For my target on the world I plan to spend diamonds this event, I believe 4 boards a day + some full clears when appropriate is likely to be most efficient.

For a higher target you'd likely need to take the 5th incomplete-reset just to find enough "good boards" to full clear. Ultimately large amount of spending is all about the full clears - the incomplete resets are just for taking out the worst boards in that situation as you cannot get too much extra progress from either just 1 more board a day or from spending a little bit extra on the boards you do do.

Orius Maximus

What kind of board strategy are we looking at for those of us who are not willing to spend money or drop diamonds on the event?

I'm looking to move up to TE (gag) soon, so I'm hoarding diamonds for now.

xivarmy

What kind of board strategy are we looking at for those of us who are not willing to spend money or drop diamonds on the event?

I'm looking to move up to TE (gag) soon, so I'm hoarding diamonds for now.
3-4 board resets a day.

3 boards can afford 130 energy per board on average and should be good enough for the K.I.S.S. strategy (just do 3 boards, spend 130 energy per board) and finish the main building.

4 boards a day can afford about 78 energy per board on average without incidents. You should be able to get close to this most days with a dynamic cutoff when the easy value is gone from a board - and it should be slightly better than the 3 board a day fixed cutoff.

Dursland

Well, I found out for myself. Higher spawns definitely outperforms an extra board.

First 2 boards did 10 spawns each. 63 progress, handful of keys.

Last 2 boards did 16 spawns each. 100 progress and far more keys.

Going with 4x16 instead of 5x10.

I use the solver, I'm not expert enough at this minigame to be selective and know which boards to adjust my spawns on or which ones can be cleared.

So 4x16 it is.

Orius Maximus

3-4 board resets a day.

3 boards can afford 130 energy per board on average and should be good enough for the K.I.S.S. strategy (just do 3 boards, spend 130 energy per board) and finish the main building.

4 boards a day can afford about 78 energy per board on average without incidents. You should be able to get close to this most days with a dynamic cutoff when the easy value is gone from a board - and it should be slightly better than the 3 board a day fixed cutoff.

So about the same as the Anniversary event then.

Darkest.Knight

Should be able to get the buildings w/o any problems, more than enough to do 4 resets/day. Just need to be patient and wait for the right daily prizes before moving along.

qaccy

I know this event has the same minigame as the Anniversary Event, but I find it harder to play. I preferred having each piece actually look different, as opposed to just having the star labels like this event does. It's harder for me to tell at a glance which pieces can be merged, especially at the start of a board.

As far as the prizes go, I didn't really look at them until today. Holy crap the bonuses on the grand prize seem like they should be illegal. I think I'm gonna do what some folks suggested earlier in this thread and stop spending so much on events. It won't take me long to fill my city with OP 2023 buildings even if I stop spending diamonds lol