• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

Sharmon the Impaler

I know this event has the same minigame as the Anniversary Event, but I find it harder to play. I preferred having each piece actually look different, as opposed to just having the star labels like this event does. It's harder for me to tell at a glance which pieces can be merged, especially at the start of a board.

As far as the prizes go, I didn't really look at them until today. Holy crap the bonuses on the grand prize seem like they should be illegal. I think I'm gonna do what some folks suggested earlier in this thread and stop spending so much on events. It won't take me long to fill my city with OP 2023 buildings even if I stop spending diamonds lol
IKR ? They pushed so many on us over the spring/summer that we don't need events anymore lol. Fix the icons as well , your main demographic are not the 16 year olds with razor sharp vision that you think it is.

Ebeondi Asi

One big sore point to me is the fact that when one clears most of one color, getting spawns of that color become exceedingly rare. With one blue left i spawned over a dozen, and not one blue came up. That is very typical of this minigame / this mechanism. and One huge reason to spawn all you want immediately, instead of working one color hoping you can fnish off
if it was actually spawning randomly.. but from the last event of this type, and now again it is obvious the percentages get rigged anytime you really need a color and you cleared most of them ... you never get it.
So that also makes me way less likely to spend money on this kind of event, No matter how good the prizes. :mad:
Plus not getting any 200% Diamond offers. When I got them I spent twice as much actual cash as now. I used to spend Diamonds like water, now I am frugal as can be, ;) LoL

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I FoE on a 54" but not everyone can upgrade for a game. Many others would benefit from clearer and more distinct graphics. Unrelated but the SAT units are another example of unnecessarily similar graphics.
This has been commented on one way or another many times about terrible grapics for anyone with any vision problems of any kind. It does seem they expect all players have perfect vision. And really seldom seem to bother no matter how many complaints they get about it. The one time the did so far is they did make the minigame in this even very slightly better, but not by much.
I am astounded anyone can play this game on a phone due to the difficult graphics!!!

xivarmy

This has been commented on one way or another many times about terrible grapics for anyone with any vision problems of any kind. It does seem they expect all players have perfect vision. And really seldom seem to bother no matter how many complaints they get about it. The one time the did so far is they did make the minigame in this even very slightly better, but not by much.
I am astounded anyone can play this game on a phone due to the difficult graphics!!!
Yes, the half-badge markers at the start on beta really played tricks on my mind with the left-half, right-half and processing which it was I had how many of. The inside-outside are at least tolerable.

xivarmy

I can't see any "right" daily prizes, they are all old rehashed stuff without much value. Not even a SO I can see in the list.
If you don't have an athlon abbey or windmill to apply a golden upgrade to, you might want to target that - if you play the event well you should get 1 golden upgrade for each for free. (Epic Soccer, which I'd expect near the end, works for either as well).

Edward _MMXIII

deep into silver league ...... no chance for gold

glass breaking nonsense ...... leave 27 on your board for the next day to jump to 54 and use a couple 'reset the board' with soccer balls .... there's your tutorial

CDmark

Some Observations

1) Well, took a look at the prize line. 18 pages? 17750 progress? yeah right. Maybe when you hear the bell ring, Tattoo shouts "Da Plane, Da Plane!!!", a hawaiian girl hands me a drink and Mr, Roarke says "Welcome to Fantasy Island".
2) I read that mobile gold track is $4 more than PC. Not sure why and, honestly, I don't want to know why there is a difference.
3) I have the event building in beta, it is nice but getting BPs 50% of the time has become annoying. Sure, I could benefit with my BG but, unless there is a different BG out there, I am running out of things to use for attempts. Even going to L91 and getting 1 more, 15, I would still run short. I chose the Couples Resort, mentioned the name of the building to my wife. She is still looking for the plane tickets and brochure to check out the resort services. I told her contact Tattoo...lol
4) I do like the event mechanism, I usually do for events. I agree with the look, can be confusing, guess it was the best after changes in beta. At the start of beta it was worse. What I don't like, at all and mentioned 5 times in beta, WHY 2 DIFFERENT LAYOUTS???? Talk about annoying. I like the one that has the open spaces to the left (6th time mentioning it). The other one looks like a foosball table and I have to fish around to find my spawned players. They don't look like players but I guess that is what they are. I don't understand why change it from gems that we had in the Anniversary event. It isn't like I see the badges and think, "Wow, this is something brand new, never seen it before. Those folks must have put in countless hours to get this done."
5) It isn't all negative, I like we can get Gentiana and Athlon gold level upgrades via regular play, big plus.
6) I am not a fan of diamond spending in this event, it seems like a diamond trap. Sure, you can spawn more but many times it doesn't yield much. You can play extra boards, 160, 320, etc but those are high ante costs, for sure lots of diamonds.
7) The auxiliary buildings, Nicko's Gyro Trailer and Franks Feta Farm plus Goat Petting Zoo are nice, can replace some things but not sure I would go crazy getting them but nice additions.
Nicko's can replace nutcrackers, bit more red D and some blue A, lose red A
Frankie's FF&GPZ, nice especially if you have Lotus Lakes on the Panda, same FP + army stats, easy winner.
8) The rewards and X2 are the best of all events. There isn't much garbage to get, FPs, goods, rogues/champs help many players and high %'s for daily specials.

So, for me, clearing the boards one time a day beats the festival mechanisms St Pats/Fellowship (pls just keep it 1 time per year)

qaccy

7) The auxiliary buildings, Nicko's Gyro Trailer and Franks Feta Farm plus Goat Petting Zoo are nice, can replace some things but not sure I would go crazy getting them but nice additions.
I'm not sure where you came up with these alternate names for the buildings, but I'm unable to figure out the actual name for this 'Goat Petting Zoo'.

The recent change to duplicate style of event play which I'm sure by no coincidence are the most time consuming of the events requiring much more play time and daily play time has burnt me out on events and for the first time since I started playing the game I'm sitting this one out.

I don't care how good of bonuses the event buildings have, I'm of the opinion that the recent power explosion is only due to the upcoming GBG nerf so they don't care if you have 4K attack and defense, it may only get you a few more hits in the GBG.

It is a shame really, I used to enjoy the soccer event, it was actually about soccer and you could just wait and spend time on only one day where there was a good daily special and be done with it, same with the summer event.

Sharmon the Impaler

They invest not game , they don't care what they invest in as long as they can make money off it. Unfortunately the track record of investors taking over companies and destroying them by bleeding them dry is the rule not the exception. This will continue on for about another two years with the graphics just straight up AI generated over time and the product arc now having an end point. It doesn't matter what the graphics are , heck this time it's a shield and stars representing soccer players or something and everyone thinks its ok. It was interesting last year with faces and names and very inclusive. Now you aren't sure what you're looking at or why. It's really sad the way they are wrecking a game I love.

Pericles the Lion

Its not so much the event I don't like-its the daily quest that is not worth doing for the reward that you get. That is why I quit the event!!
Hmm. The daily challenge rewards 9 badges. This is usually enough to collect a Silver Chest (before you say that the DC only gives one type of badge remember that, on average, three DC prizes will likely result in 3 Silver chests). Below is an example of a Silver Chest that I have today. A 29% chance for 65 FPs is not worth the trouble? Collect 3 of these chests and you have a 87% chance for 65 FPs. Except for Wishing Wells (which I haven't seen in a very long time) I can't remember ever winning a DC prize better than this. It's not what you get from the DC that matters,, it's what that reward can be redeemed for that does.

1692792167232.png

Darkest.Knight

Watching as I add new players to the board it's obvious that the "odds" aren't completely random; the type of new players always run in streaks of variable length. I've found that I like selecting 12 players/board x 4 boards daily, I collect enough incidents to more than cover my costs. I almost never try to get a player that I need, only at the very end to burn up my excesses, So far I've received mostly goods from my 2X reward selections, goods are good for me; SAT is a total goods sucker.

Sharmon the Impaler

Watching as I add new players to the board it's obvious that the "odds" aren't completely random; the type of new players always run in streaks of variable length. I've found that I like selecting 12 players/board x 4 boards daily, I collect enough incidents to more than cover my costs. I almost never try to get a player that I need, only at the very end to burn up my excesses, So far I've received mostly goods from my 2X reward selections, goods are good for me; SAT is a total goods sucker.
I am in SAT as well and agree that goods are the new currency once you get to SAT. I jacked mine to 5200 per day and still use them all up.

Sharmon the Impaler

Oh. Look at that $28.99999999 on mobile v $24.999999999 on browser !
Same here , they blamed it on taxes but it is a non tangible item with no intrinsic value. They could have easily have presented the sale as a lower cost item so the taxes bring it up to the same amount. Again , it's just greed driving the differential.