• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

Ebeondi Asi

It is hard to find answers to "Does a game downloaded from App store pay back money for in game purchases?" From what I can glean is does seem the answer is yes. The store one got the app from does get a percentage kickback from the app owner for in game purchases. So perhaps the reason the price via app is higher is not because inno wants to charge phone users more,, it's because Inno has to pay that addded amount to the App store.

Dursland

Yeah it being higher on mobile isn't due to taxes, it's due to app store fees.

Back on topic I'm at 567 with 102/94/118 keys. Doing 4 boards x 16 spawns.

I actually got a clear earlier without spending anything extra! Finish All Special was my reward. I was like w00t!

PJS299

I have a some questions...

Is 3 boards a day with 10 spawns on each alright for a non-diamond spender? Or should I be doing 4 boards? I don't know because I'm using the free reset each day to get a new board, because the day before I leave the board almost empty. See below question.

At the end of the day, I have a board with almost nothing left on it. It costs 80 to reset the board. Do I spend the 80 to get a new board and then do the board the next day, or do I wait and use the free reset the next day to get a new board? It's kind of confusing, I don't know how to phrase the question well...

xivarmy

I have a some questions...

Is 3 boards a day with 10 spawns on each alright for a non-diamond spender? Or should I be doing 4 boards? I don't know because I'm using the free reset each day to get a new board, because the day before I leave the board almost empty. See below question.

At the end of the day, I have a board with almost nothing left on it. It costs 80 to reset the board. Do I spend the 80 to get a new board and then do the board the next day, or do I wait and use the free reset the next day to get a new board? It's kind of confusing, I don't know how to phrase the question well...
You should be able to afford a 4th board some days if you're doing ~100 a board. (you can do 130 a board for 3 boards with the free currency). But probably not every day unless you're having great luck with the incidents.

Sharmon the Impaler

I am not spending this event and am doing 3 and it seems to be working fine. I got a 200 ball incident twice today which was not unfortunate.

I have a question about the Units box ... does it give the troops for the age when you open it ( assuming I age up after getting the box) or does it give troops of the age I am in when I win the box?

Johnny B. Goode

I have a question about the Units box ... does it give the troops for the age when you open it ( assuming I age up after getting the box) or does it give troops of the age I am in when I win the box?
It gives units of the age that you are in when you open it.
Just remember if you just moved up to refresh the page just to be on the safe side. It may not make a difference, but I'm not going to test it.

Sir Brandon Starr

So far it's a nice event that actually does require some planning and isn't just mindless gambling like tile clicks. However, I'm hoping for future merge events that they remove the 4 star spawn. Unless there is a locked 4 star core AND 4 star frame, spawning a 4 star is useless because you can unlock 4 stars with a pre-made 4 star if you really need to. More often than not, I have 4 star spawns go to waste because they didn't actually help me create more badges.

Johnny B. Goode

The first board is free. Board 2 costs 20. Board 3 costs 40. Seems to me you have to buy the 80 one to do 4 boards. Am i misunderstanding
The board you start with is free (board 1), the second one is free (1st reset), third one costs 20 (second reset), fourth one costs 40 (third reset). If you only spawn 9 items with each board, the one you end one day with should be fine to be your first board for the next day. To me it would be a waste to reset that board right off the bat. YMMV.

xivarmy

The board you start with is free (board 1), the second one is free (1st reset), third one costs 20 (second reset), fourth one costs 40 (third reset). If you only spawn 9 items with each board, the one you end one day with should be fine to be your first board for the next day. To me it would be a waste to reset that board right off the bat. YMMV.
If you save the last board for tomorrow so that you have two free ones to start, then it's still 3 boards a day because the "4th" isn't for today - there's no sense in double counting it as both today's and tomorrow's board (it doesn't matter when you decide to spend the balls on it, it's still just one board).

It's easier to count resets per day - which if you do the 0,20,40 is 3. So your total boards if you do that every day will be 22*3+1 = 67. And that's pretty much 3 boards a day.

Johnny B. Goode

If you save the last board for tomorrow so that you have two free ones to start, then it's still 3 boards a day because the "4th" isn't for today - there's no sense in double counting it as both today's and tomorrow's board (it doesn't matter when you decide to spend the balls on it, it's still just one board).
I wouldn't exactly save it for tomorrow. If I were using this method, I would spawn 9 items for that fourth board at the end of day one, then spawn 9 more first thing the next day without resetting it. I would count it for both days because I would use it both days.

xivarmy

I wouldn't exactly save it for tomorrow. If I were using this method, I would spawn 9 items for that fourth board at the end of day one, then spawn 9 more first thing the next day without resetting it. I would count it for both days because I would use it both days.
except then it's just 1 18 spawn board, not 2 9-spawn boards.

PJS299

So right now I don't buy the 80 ball board, so at the end of the day my board looks like this \

Screenshot 2023-08-24 17.03.37.png
Do I get a new board and wait till tomorrow to do it, or do I use the free reset tomorrow to get a fresh board? Right now I have this board tomorrow, and so I will use the free reset to just get a new board. Is that wise, or should I be doing something different?

Johnny B. Goode

except then it's just 1 18 spawn board, not 2 9-spawn boards.
Well, that's really splitting hairs, isn't it? Isn't the point to do as many rounds of 9 spawns for the lowest reset cost? Using the free reset first thing gives you 6 rounds of 9 spawns in a two day period for a reset cost of 120. Doing 9 spawns before using that free reset gives you 8 rounds of 9 spawns for the same reset cost over two days. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Of course, this is all theoretical for me, I don't use this method.

xivarmy

Well, that's really splitting hairs, isn't it? Isn't the point to do as many rounds of 9 spawns for the lowest reset cost? Using the free reset first thing gives you 6 rounds of 9 spawns in a two day period for a reset cost of 120. Doing 9 spawns before using that free reset gives you 8 rounds of 9 spawns for the same reset cost over two days. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Of course, this is all theoretical for me, I don't use this method.
The point is to get as many resets as reasonably affordable. If you do 9 and then another 9 it's not an extra reset, it's a randomly chosen board where you opted to spawn more.

With the free currency you can afford either 4 *real* resets a day (i.e. including the 80) and ~9 spawns on average, or 3 *real* resets a day (i.e. not including the 80) and 13 spawns on average each.

Both will work well enough to get you the main prize.

I'm sure your 9-9-18 will work well enough too (it's basically an average of 12 spawns a board). it's just very arbitrary that the last board of a day you opt to spend double on regardless of its situation - you don't gain anything by having the second 9 be spawned on the next day. You would be better served with "I spawn at least 9, and once a day, on a board that looks like it has lots of value left, i spawn extra".

Darkest.Knight

Doing 4 boards/day, spawning 12 players/day should work out. I'm collecting more incidents than usual and have gotten 3 100's and several 20's. 1 of my mules has been very lucky not only finding several 20's but also a 500. Getting the building shouldn't be any problem, currently in silver.