• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

PJS299

Anybody else notice they have nerfed incidents giving currency? Seems it was hitting a lot first few days of event, since then not so much.

I got about 800 currency first 4-5 days of event then 20 since then. Literally just 20.
I was about to say the same thing. I got two 500's and a couple of 20's, but for the past few days I have gotten zero currency. I wasn't sure if they put a max or something, "Player can only receive x amount of currency from incidents."

grandmaster ubero

not a fan of this event at all!

visually its the worst of all time.. this event makes the elephant man look like a supermodel in comparison..thats how bad it is!
atleast he had a face and a body these "Players" have no faces or bodies..

if u are tired of this rant please go away dont bother reading any further or responding to this post cause 1 . i dont give a shit 2. i wont read your respond to this cause its a rant not a constructive post.

In additon to the hideousness of the graphics of the "soccer players" (wich isnt players at all but badges and there is not any soccer ever beeing played anyways) i do not like the minigame, to much time sink. normally i never bash events but this deservs it sadly.

it requires you to put in to much (unpaid) work every day, i prefer events where u can spend all money or diamonds in one day on one "DS" not "time sinks" like ST patrick event type of mechanic, or this one, its simply not worth the time anymore, when u consider that next event and the next after that will likly have better buildings than this one due to IG "Powercreep"..
so why bother with all the work when u can just sit back, do something else like fight and collect more rewards instead of wasting so much work on this "soccer" event?

the answer is there is no point so save the time and wait for a better event that requires alot less work and will have better buildings also, cause u gonna replace the crap u just wasted alot of time getting into your town soon anyways cause of powercreep.

I always weigh in the cost vs reward ratio before each event starts, and at the "endgame" (1 billion points+ last era) you need to be very wise with how you use your game time and be as effciient as possible to advance further, cause everything cost more (GB leveling, tech) cause you have diminishing returns meaning you want and needs as much resources as possible for as little time and work you put in as possible.

this event when u take these things into consideration simply doesnt cut it.

Maybe if you are a new player its fine if you have endless of time and nothing else to do cause you are in a crap guild and spend most time doing nothing but losing in GBG, but if you are in a competitve guild in GE,GvG and GBG u want to spend you time helping out there first and not spend hours on more minigames and other inefficient areas of the game like dedicating weeks or months to finish a settlement building that has already been powercrept to hell anyways.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

not a fan of this event at all!

visually its the worst of all time.. this event makes the elephant man look like a supermodel in comparison..thats how bad it is!
atleast he had a face and a body these "Players" have no faces or bodies..

if u are tired of this rant please go away dont bother reading any further or responding to this post cause 1 . i dont give a shit 2. i wont read your respond to this cause its a rant not a constructive post.

In additon to the hideousness of the graphics of the "soccer players" (wich isnt players at all but badges and there is not any soccer ever beeing played anyways) i do not like the minigame, to much time sink. normally i never bash events but this deservs it sadly.

it requires you to put in to much (unpaid) work every day, i prefer events where u can spend all money or diamonds in one day on one "DS" not "time sinks" like ST patrick event type of mechanic, or this one, its simply not worth the time anymore, when u consider that next event and the next after that will likly have better buildings than this one due to IG "Powercreep"..
so why bother with all the work when u can just sit back, do something else like fight and collect more rewards instead of wasting so much work on this "soccer" event?

the answer is there is no point so save the time and wait for a better event that requires alot less work and will have better buildings also, cause u gonna replace the crap u just wasted alot of time getting into your town soon anyways cause of powercreep.

I always weigh in the cost vs reward ratio before each event starts, and at the "endgame" (1 billion points+ last era) you need to be very wise with how you use your game time and be as effciient as possible to advance further, cause everything cost more (GB leveling, tech) cause you have diminishing returns meaning you want and needs as much resources as possible for as little time and work you put in as possible.

this event when u take these things into consideration simply doesnt cut it.

Maybe if you are a new player its fine if you have endless of time and nothing else to do cause you are in a crap guild and spend most time doing nothing but losing in GBG, but if you are in a competitve guild in GE,GvG and GBG u want to spend you time helping out there first and not spend hours on more minigames and other inefficient areas of the game like dedicating weeks or months to finish a settlement building that has already been powercrept to hell anyways.
So you like the game in other words :)

Ebeondi Asi

I usually get some burn out after a particularly intense time in Foe. And moving to Titan plus finishing the previous Event was very time consuming (compared to the usual Foe stuff. Now I'm bored/bummed out a bit and want to blame the current "Event that blows chunks" mechanics and design. I agree completely this event minigame has zero going for it in the graphics department. I would sit this event out totally, but am willing to do the minimum to get a few rewards, ... but not by much.

So my request is to make the Events worse.! IE way more time consuming and boring as hell! (Just like the current Event) So they are all just as poorly done, and not worth bothering at all!!! Then I can stay on course and work on getting ready for The GbG changes, instead of wasting time on 'Events that blow chunks" Thank you Inno o_O

Darkest.Knight

Current event mechanics does require a bit of thought to get the most out of it, it's better than complete dumb luck to advance. Nothing to complain about, finished everything up early and got a lot of FP's along the way. I even managed to complete an entire upgraded Azure Athlon Abbey having deleted my first, descent event from my point of view.

Sharmon the Impaler

I cleaned up on soccer kits today with 6 in total and 2 already in storage. I should make silver which will give me another and then one last one from the mini game for 9 in all + I have the Athlone golden update.

PJS299

I cleaned up on soccer kits today with 6 in total and 2 already in storage. I should make silver which will give me another and then one last one from the mini game for 9 in all + I have the Athlone golden update.
You need 10 for the full Athlon Abbey.

I got 10, and I might barely squeak into silver, so that would be 11. I hope to get the Golden for the Abbey, but I might not. We'll see.

Dursland

Just passed the 5,000 mark. On almost any other world I'd be firmly in gold league but here on Dilmun I have no shot at it so I've lowered my balls per board and skipped my 4th board today.

There's no point in going past 5500 as next good prize is at 6750 so I'm trying to be as precise as possible and not spend any more diamonds.

If I don't then that means I got 3 Aegeans for 8000 diamonds and would have made gold league in most worlds. Not too bad lol.

PJS299

Then don't read it. You could always scroll past it.

Oh, and to borrow a page from your playbook: I wasn't responding to you. Why get all hot and bothered about what, why, or how long what I said was? :rolleyes:
I was responding to you, who had responded to me :rolleyes:
Stop creating problems that don't exist

Sharmon the Impaler

I was responding to you, who had responded to me :rolleyes:
Stop creating problems that don't exist
She doesn't stop ever , better to just either ignore or put her on ignore. I got tired of her journal responses to justify another journal length response about a subject that has nothing to do with the thread. She is a really bad gaslighter and not much reasoning with that.

Pericles the Lion

You are both absolutely correct and I apologize. I did misread what you said, JBG, and reacted badly. The feedback is good though (without the eye-roll, @Pericles the Lion . LOL, if you please) - otherwise I'd have gone merrily along thinking ... something ... and been embarrassed half to death should this post be resurrected at some later date and ... well, you get the picture. :oops:
Given the circumstances, an eye-roll was an appropriate emoji. Doesn't mean that you have to like it.

LoveNkind

The spawning is a joke, again. You need red, you get blue and yellow. Half the soccer balls are wasted with useless merge fragments or useless higher level pieces. As usual, the event games are set up to be won by the wallet.
It's always been that way to some extent. It HAS to be that way enuf to attract the "whales," or Inno goes broke and we lose our game. But it is almost always possible to get one of the major item without cash or diamonds if you put in the time and play well. That provides satisfying play for free players. I have spent zero money and zero diamonds on this event, and have the first two major prizes (there are 3 in this event) and will get the third one in a couple days; in each of my two cities. Then again, I am in the middle of silver, which means I have been savvy and careful enough to do better than 97% of the players so far. I hope most of them end up with at least one golden prize. In this event a level 9 Aegean building is AWESOME and beautiful.

LoveNkind

W
Made a complete Athlon Abbey, all 10 lvls. I deleted my original since I thought it was "junk," upgraded version is obviously better.W
Wow! My abbey was nearing the chopping block but it is still there and I am really looking forward to the upgrade. But my baby city never got an athlon and I hav only 4 kits for it right now. I hope it comes up again and that I have enuf footballs to win a few of them.

Sharmon the Impaler

W

Wow! My abbey was nearing the chopping block but it is still there and I am really looking forward to the upgrade. But my baby city never got an athlon and I hav only 4 kits for it right now. I hope it comes up again and that I have enuf footballs to win a few of them.
I switched out and got the Abbey again today , you probably have it too

PJS299

Friday not you
Wasn't aware that “You” was a day…
I never said
Seriously? I ask again, what are you? The forum police?

Sounds to me like you are the one with the axe to grind and create problems where none exist.
Maybe you should close the quote next time. It gets a little confusing. But assuming that you meant to close the quote after, "discussion only," then here:

What do you want me to read? Here is this post from you, being quite rude if I may say so myself.
You asked/intimated on another thread that you didn't understand why someone perceived you as mean, ignorant, or rude. THIS kind of comment might just be why people perceive you that way. What are you? The forum police?
And then I proceeded to give you the answer to something that you said, which was quite obvious, so that's an example of you being ignorant…
Sounds to me like you are the one with the axe to grind and create problems where none exist.
That's actually pretty funny, you know? I was responding to something rude that you said to me. What I said about staying on-topic is in no way bad. There's a reason why we have different sections and tags in the forum! This thread is about the SOCCER EVENT.* Not your opinion on Inno and their game development. Seems to me like you are the one creating problems. You started it. You responded. You kept arguing, even though there's nothing to argue about!

So please! Just stop! Get a pillow and punch it or something, but stop arguing with me all the time for no reason! It's so tiring!

*Which is why I am going to stop and no longer reply to you, even if you keep responding to me. Have an amazing day.