• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2023 Feedback

Dursland

Incidents not too shabby this time around, I'm up to 1000+ pots so far. One 500 and two 200s have been the notable ones. Rest are 10s and 20s. I don't think I've gotten a 50 or 100.

Pericles the Lion

Probably the easiest event ever. I used a different strategy in all 5 on my towns. Heavy on managers, light on chests.....Light on managers, all 6 chests, and in between. Reached L9 Hut in all 5 today. On track to get the ArchDruid 50 frag reward in all five. I can wait for 100 days to get to L10. No diamonds spent.

honey55

The event is easy enough to get level 9. However, doing 18 towns has made it a bit of a drudgery, more a burden than a game. Incidents for me in my main city have been extremely shabby so far. There's always hope it will improve. Events have always been one of my favorite draws to the game but it seems like getting the complete building during the event has been turned into a job. 15 dollars isn't that much but multiply it by the number of events a year and it adds up. We don't even have internet so i can't even enjoy some aspects of the game. I have to play on mobile. Besides, a game is not a game to me if i have to pay to win. So it appears the choice is pay to get the complete event buildings or wait months down the road to complete it or make the event unenjoyable to me by pushing to do 18 towns. I'm glad this event is almost over but fail to see the fun a game should bring. Washing dishes is more enjoyable as you're not glued to your phone for hours at a time.

Be Chuille

This event is one of my favorites. I like the events that offer at least some challenge and require strategy.
I am only doing the event in one city. I have been able to finish one town per day, and am going to be finishing my second ArchDruid Hut today.

People keep complaining about needing to use diamonds. I don't understand that. For one thing, there are many ways to win diamonds in this game.

Personally I do not mind spending a bit of real money once in a while. The game is not free for Inno. They have to pay tons for the infrastructure and developers. Although it is not perfect, we like it or we would not be here. I prefer to spend some money now and then to help them keep the lights on instead of being inundated with ads. They need revenue from someplace, or the game would not even exist. If they do not get money from players, then they will need to turn to advertisers.

Some should probably lose the entitlement mentality. You don't get something for nothing. Life is not like that. If you do want to give nothing, then you will get less than those that give something. Most of life is like that - or it should be.

JoyfulRider

This event is one of my favorites. I like the events that offer at least some challenge and require strategy.
I am only doing the event in one city. I have been able to finish one town per day, and am going to be finishing my second ArchDruid Hut today.

People keep complaining about needing to use diamonds. I don't understand that. For one thing, there are many ways to win diamonds in this game.

Personally I do not mind spending a bit of real money once in a while. The game is not free for Inno. They have to pay tons for the infrastructure and developers. Although it is not perfect, we like it or we would not be here. I prefer to spend some money now and then to help them keep the lights on instead of being inundated with ads. They need revenue from someplace, or the game would not even exist. If they do not get money from players, then they will need to turn to advertisers.

Some should probably lose the entitlement mentality. You don't get something for nothing. Life is not like that. If you do want to give nothing, then you will get less than those that give something. Most of life is like that - or it should be.
Everything understood, but but but why cannot they introduce an option to earn money also from the game when they expect money from us. If I spend 1000, give me something in return as a token of appreciation. It's like we are helping you by spending money and playing the game, and you do the same way by bringing new features to entertain us and a way to earn money in the game.

Just one condition is enough, people who spends real money only able to earn money from the game is more than enough. What's wrong in bringing this way, Both sides will be happy rite.

Last edited:

Be Chuille

Everything understood, but but but why cannot they introduce an option to earn money also from the game when they expect money from us. If I spend 1000, give me something in return as a token of advance. It's like we are helping you by spending money and playing the game, and you do the same way by bringing new features to entertain us and a way to earn money in the game.

Just one condition is enough, people who spends real money only able to earn money from the game is more than enough. What's wrong in bringing this way, Both sides will be happy rite.
What we get from the game is... the entertainment. What we get by spending money is more assets in the game to enhance the entertainment.
If people do not want to spend money, that is fine. But then they should not complain about not getting as much from the game as those who spend a bit of money.

I do agree that Inno needs to use some more money in development, such as for fixing or replacing GBG. I think they are missing an opportunity by not investing more in GvG improvements - I think that is a fun part of the game. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for GE Level 5.

Pericles the Lion

The event is easy enough to get level 9. However, doing 18 towns has made it a bit of a drudgery, more a burden than a game. Incidents for me in my main city have been extremely shabby so far. There's always hope it will improve. Events have always been one of my favorite draws to the game but it seems like getting the complete building during the event has been turned into a job. 15 dollars isn't that much but multiply it by the number of events a year and it adds up. We don't even have internet so i can't even enjoy some aspects of the game. I have to play on mobile. Besides, a game is not a game to me if i have to pay to win. So it appears the choice is pay to get the complete event buildings or wait months down the road to complete it or make the event unenjoyable to me by pushing to do 18 towns. I'm glad this event is almost over but fail to see the fun a game should bring. Washing dishes is more enjoyable as you're not glued to your phone for hours at a time.
18 towns would be "drudgery" for sure. However, a L9 Druid Hut can be had with as few as 3 towns plus a few more tasks.

Dursland

18 towns would be "drudgery" for sure. However, a L9 Druid Hut can be had with as few as 3 towns plus a few more tasks.
He means 18 towns for the 150 fragments of free archdruid upgrade, which you can get by getting to 600 in prize mark. I'm 3 towns away from it myself.

Pericles the Lion

He means 18 towns for the 150 fragments of free archdruid upgrade, which you can get by getting to 600 in prize mark. I'm 3 towns away from it myself.
I get it. The point is that getting the L10 Hut requires neither spending $$ or doing 18 towns. Get the L9 Hut and wait 150 days for the upgrade (less with a Blue Galaxy). Instant gratification comes with a cost. In this case, either real money or lots of mini-game babysitting. It's all about choices.

honey55

I get it. The point is that getting the L10 Hut requires neither spending $$ or doing 18 towns. Get the L9 Hut and wait 150 days for the upgrade (less with a Blue Galaxy). Instant gratification comes with a cost. In this case, either real money or lots of mini-game babysitting. It's all about choices.
I thought my post was clear that there were 3 choices. I totally agree that you don't need to spend dismonds, that getting level 9 is easy. I have it even in my extra town. That you can get the final level if you wait a few months. We agree on everything, even that doing 18 towns is drudgery. The difference from this year and the past is we were rewarded during the event with a complete building without the event becoming drudgery. Will i look forward to this event next year. It's not likely even though I've always liked it in the past. Do i really consider it fun strategy wise. Not for me because i simply do exactly like instructed by those smarter then me. It doesnt require any thinking, just time and ability to follow sone charts. It beats an event based solely on luck though there is luck on incidents, which are rare right now even those other then pots of gold. If i had had to get them for the quest today it wouldnt be completed. However it auto completed because I'm in venus and have completed the jupiter map.

CDmark

Well, it finally happened. Looked at the town 3 managers when I was doing town 1. So, I get to stare at this until I finish the town...lol

Attachments

• t1 t3 mgr.JPG
    t1 t3 mgr.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 9

stymie of Suwannee

Well, it finally happened. Looked at the town 3 managers when I was doing town 1. So, I get to stare at this until I finish the town...lol
Yep. Just ran out myself. Now starts the fine tuned planning of the last 6 days. On my 11th now and will probably skip that last Boat Manager and the last Fireworks Manager (and the last Hat, of course). Leaves me 1500 to split between two more cities, starting them Sunday morning and Wednesday morning, setting up nicely to pass 450 & the second 50 frags of Arch. Might hit 477 tasks and end up with 4 extra Hut pieces. No diamond, no dollar.

Last edited:

ManekiNeko

If I decided to purchase the event pass now, would I receive all of the previous event prizes that were available or would I only receive the event prizes going forward? I'm almost eligible to receive the Archdruid Hut upgrade kit, but if I buy the pass now, I'm going to also want the Tree of Silence which was the first prize, I think. I've been searching the forum for an answer and haven't been able to find it. TIA.

JJ597

When you highlight the chest ($14.99), it states in part "Progress in the event to unlock more prizes". So you would get the prizes as far as you have completed the main prize line.

Dursland

If I decided to purchase the event pass now, would I receive all of the previous event prizes that were available or would I only receive the event prizes going forward? I'm almost eligible to receive the Archdruid Hut upgrade kit, but if I buy the pass now, I'm going to also want the Tree of Silence which was the first prize, I think. I've been searching the forum for an answer and haven't been able to find it. TIA.
You would get all previous prizes as well, so go ahead! You'll actually get 2 trees of silence, along with 2 trees of vitality.

Dursland

The trees of silence are kinda trashy , everything is 50/50 and a long way to go before completion. It is a 2 square tree that would be capable of generating trash all week with the 50/50 on everything.,
4 fp per tile is pretty good if you don't get the reno kit fragments, but I find the reno kit frags do hit pretty regularly. I just got 30/30 today myself and assembled a kit. Event isn't even over yet and I've already gotten a renovation kit from my 2 trees of silence.

ManekiNeko

In this instance, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. I've been playing this game for 3 months, so it's going to take me some time to work up to a similar inventory/stock of folks who've been playing for longer than that. Right now I'm focused on finding ways to increase my FP income with the tools/resources that are available to me at my stage of the game. Thanks for everyone's input - I appreciate hearing differing perspectives.

Dursland

Renovation kits are pretty common in FoE and the 4 FP is on 50% of the time with it being 2 FP the rest.
Dilmun is a new world so reno kits are still very useful. Especially for a city like mine where I have 11 Stages of Ages to upgrade every couple eras, not to mention all the other event buildings.

I'm with Oliver, at this stage I'll take just about anything that can assist me. Can always replace them later - like I have a few SoKs, couple skywatches, a greater runestone, and a log cabin. Those will be among the first buildings to get replaced but for now they're a great help.