• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stack injured units

Disgruntled Veteran

Stacking units has been a great improvement, how did Inno drop the ball with the injured units? To me, it seems that stacking injured units is even more important when spending time in gbg. Every second counts when guilds go head to head.

mewdagr8

Yes, Maybe a "recovery tent" for those with more than 70 percent injuries?

Would also like to "sideline" units from older ages as a group so they aren't in the active queue all the time.

WillyTwoShoes

Heck I'd just like to see a separate queue for Rogues so they aren't mixed in with troops. Poor ergonomic design imho.

Disgruntled Veteran

Remind yourself of this thread in a week or so.
I just read the change log going into effect on the 6th. All injured units will be placed behind all healthy units. Lol, I guess this has been an issue for quite a few others...

MungSu

The change went into effect for me today and they are sorting all injured units in the troop selected window - the one that shows what troops you have selected. Now the injured regular troops are mixed in with the injured rogues. That works better in the available troops window but doesn't work as well in the selected window.

army managements.png

Pericles the Lion

Very bad plan. It takes much longer to replace injured troops
How will the changes make it take more time? Stacking all of the injured inventory units behind the uninjured ones saves clicks because it's no longer necessary to switch between unit types, they are all there in the "front row" on a single menu. Stacking the injured units behind the healthy ones in the current army menu isn't a change for players that only use one type of unit. For those, as in the above example that use multiple units, swapping out the injured units only requires clicking four times on the spot where the injured Power Dragon is then replace with an uninjured PD along with 3 uninjured Rogues. At the end of the day I think that these changes speed up unit exchanges.

Ebeondi Asi

The old method is still available via the menu to change between stacking and the original method.
The changes today are welcome (by me) as i did not like the new method, and had gone back to the old one. But with the changes today the new method is now better for speed of changing troops

also one can alter the City defense total at teh front, to have your fav troop to use in the top row. Which helps (me at least) a bit

Cromis car Erin

Thanks, Inno, for the unit display change. This makes it easier and quicker to select replacement units saving time in GbG where seconds may be critical!

Tharkunn

Is there a way to display the old way? I find this new way of mixing real troops in with rogues less then helpful.

Tharkunn

The old method is still available via the menu to change between stacking and the original method.
The changes today are welcome (by me) as i did not like the new method, and had gone back to the old one. But with the changes today the new method is now better for speed of changing troops

also one can alter the City defense total at teh front, to have your fav troop to use in the top row. Which helps (me at least) a bit
can you elaborate I looked at the stack units option but changing that.. placing a check mark in it does not change the positioning of injured units. It just enacts the previous change which I did not like either. I liked the idea of the previous change and if they had left injured units off it would have worked for me.

How will the changes make it take more time? Stacking all of the injured inventory units behind the uninjured ones saves clicks because it's no longer necessary to switch between unit types, they are all there in the "front row" on a single menu. Stacking the injured units behind the healthy ones in the current army menu isn't a change for players that only use one type of unit. For those, as in the above example that use multiple units, swapping out the injured units only requires clicking four times on the spot where the injured Power Dragon is then replace with an uninjured PD along with 3 uninjured Rogues. At the end of the day I think that these changes speed up unit exchanges.
After 9 years I have developed an economy of motion and thought that allows me to switch out injured troops, BY TYPE, rapidly. This now requires more thought and motion which slows down the whole process