• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Starting Worlds by Accident. No way to quit immediately!

Ebeondi Asi

I play PC, I often accidentally hit a new World button way too often! Then I have to go through the tutorial up past the fight to enable the Menu to delete. The worst is the wait of 14 days with my failure to manage my fingers mistake to vanish. Right now I have two unwanted Worlds in my menu, and have had at least fifty over the three years I have played.
I am really unhappy that there is no way to block forming new cities. or at least a pop up asking are you sure? When a player has a city already.
SO I post my poor performance only to ask: Is this a problem for others? Do you do this?
If no one else does this, then I guess I just have to accept my fumbling fingers are at fault. But if other have thus happen, Inno should fix this in some way to stop this annoying thing

xivarmy

Just a pop up "Format drive C:\ Are you sure Y/N ? " , that will make people pay attention to what they click lol
I think at any point before you leave the tutorial it should be safe to have an "oops, I didn't mean to start this" option. Like say if you just close the browser tab the world deletes itself. I don't think that'd rub anyone the wrong way.

Once you're through the tutorial clicks and now have the option to spend non-fake diamonds (the tutorial "gives" you diamonds and then makes you spend them, but they never affect your real diamond balance), I think the 14 day wait is appropriate.

Graviton

I play PC, I often accidentally hit a new World button way too often! Then I have to go through the tutorial up past the fight to enable the Menu to delete. The worst is the wait of 14 days with my failure to manage my fingers mistake to vanish. Right now I have two unwanted Worlds in my menu, and have had at least fifty over the three years I have played.
I am really unhappy that there is no way to block forming new cities. or at least a pop up asking are you sure? When a player has a city already.
SO I post my poor performance only to ask: Is this a problem for others? Do you do this?
If no one else does this, then I guess I just have to accept my fumbling fingers are at fault. But if other have thus happen, Inno should fix this in some way to stop this annoying thing

Happens to me at least once every six to eight months or so, usually when my laptop lags when I'm choosing a world. I have one hanging around my menu right now because I don't want to play through the tutorial to get rid of it. I wouldn't mind a confirmation popup.

Angry.Blanket

This gripes me a bit, there are 2 boxes, one has active worlds and is labeled such, the other has recommendations and is also labeled accordingly.
But for what ever reason the software occasionally puts a recommendation in the active world box, some times I catch it sometimes I don't.

Johnny B. Goode

This gripes me a bit, there are 2 boxes, one has active worlds and is labeled such, the other has recommendations and is also labeled accordingly.
But for what ever reason the software occasionally puts a recommendation in the active world box, some times I catch it sometimes I don't.
That has literally never happened to me in the 8 years I've been playing.

Johnny B. Goode

Correct uses of literally would be. She took the Bible's passage literally and ate her baby to please God. If you take what they said literally then there isn't much leeway for negotiating the contract today. It is a bridge between what was said/written and what was meant/implied. Actually is another Gen Z abuse example. Actually means what is happening now or currently.
A correct use of Actually > Actually , the weather is very bad , I will be staying home.
Gen Z abuse > I actually saw the cat jump in the guy's window.
Or, it can denote that what is being said should be taken literally and not as an exaggeration one way or the other. Which is how I was using it, professor. :rolleyes:

Mailia

I had 8 'extra' worlds at some point, rn I have 2, I don't think I've gone more than 2-3 months without having to sit through a tutorial... it would be REALLY nice to have a little pop-up