• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Stash FP instability

Marc Antonius

I periodically take stock of the FP I have in my inventory. I had built up a stash of just over 26K FP. I checked a couple of days ago and I had 16K. Then, before I posted this message about having lost 10K FP, I double checked to verify and my FP is sitting at 24.8K so a bunch but not all have returned. Is this some kind of glitch?

xivarmy

Are you active in 1.9 threads? Donations going out and coming back at varying paces can cause big dips and jumps that would not be out of line with +/- 10k.

Godly Luke

I periodically take stock of the FP I have in my inventory. I had built up a stash of just over 26K FP. I checked a couple of days ago and I had 16K. Then, before I posted this message about having lost 10K FP, I double checked to verify and my FP is sitting at 24.8K so a bunch but not all have returned. Is this some kind of glitch?
Best check your great building contribution page in the townhall.

PC
1. Townhall
2. News
3. Great Buildings

Mobile
1. Great Building icon on the right bottom bar

Marc Antonius

So, when I say "take stock of the FP I have" that is a process which involves summing up the outstanding FP I have in investments + the FP I have in inventory. I am able to do this because I only invest in secured spots so I believe that should ensure I get those FP back usually with some small bonus based on my level 86 Arc. So I am already accounting for invested FP.

I could see if there was a glitch where some invested buildings were not appearing in the Great Buildings list which would have trashed my accounting. Or perhaps a glitch where the listed inventory FP was incorrect. Which was why I was asking. I wasn't sure if anyone was aware of something going on with the game that might explain this odd behavior.

xivarmy

So, when I say "take stock of the FP I have" that is a process which involves summing up the outstanding FP I have in investments + the FP I have in inventory. I am able to do this because I only invest in secured spots so I believe that should ensure I get those FP back usually with some small bonus based on my level 86 Arc. So I am already accounting for invested FP.

I could see if there was a glitch where some invested buildings were not appearing in the Great Buildings list which would have trashed my accounting. Or perhaps a glitch where the listed inventory FP was incorrect. Which was why I was asking. I wasn't sure if anyone was aware of something going on with the game that might explain this odd behavior.

I would put "bug eating my FP" as a distant last possibility as I'd expect a lot more people to have noticed and angry threads about it if it were happening. So if it is happening, it's probably a quite new bug.

A display bug regarding your outstanding investments slightly more plausible as most people don't bother to use that feature. But the last time I cared about such things it seemed to be working right to me.

But most likely is some sort of math error (skipped or double-counted entries/a page in the list?) or a set of occurrences you didn't account for (self-spending on tech or your buildings, weren't as locked as you thought you were, disconnected arc when a building level finished, profit, new investments from collection/winnings, someone deleted buildings/their city, etc)

Marc Antonius

Yeah, Yeah. I understand. I am human and I can make mistakes like anyone. But what triggered my review was I happened to notice that my stash was down to like 14K, which usually means I have a bunch of investments in my list. But having just checked my list to verify that I was clear to invest in a 1.9 slot, I knew that there were only 4 buildings in the list. (5 now that I invested in a slot)

Also note, most of my investments are sub-1K some smaller, some larger. Everyone in a while I'll catch someone's P1(3250) or whatever, but those aren't everyday. So when I do the math and wind up with 16K, I literally started questioning myself. Like "Did I really have 26K or was it just 16K?" But then today I find it back up to 24K while only investing more. So I think that I really did have the FP. I could have made some odd math error, but with so few buildings in the list and something I have done dozens if not hundreds of times, it just made me concerned.