• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Story Questline Going Back to Previous Age

• Thread starter DeletedUser26965
  • Start date

DeletedUser26965

[edit] Never mind, I believe I went back and got an old province from an earlier era and it triggered more story quests from then.

I've asked on Beta, in my guild and sent a ticket to support and awaiting any responses and thought I'd ask here as well. I've been doing the Oceanic Future(OF) Story questline for a while now but a little backstory. Back in July I had advanced past the storyline. I advanced to OF and left the Story questline back near the end of PME. Since that time I have been advancing the Story questline. It went through all the ages and I was 35 quests into the OF Story line, the last ones I had were "Rumble in the Deep": Scout Coral Kingdom then "Loud Sounds": Contribute 60 fp's to a GB. Once I got those done now suddenly today I've been getting CE and TE storyline quests; Madman the Martyr, The King of the Desert, Tomorrow's Land etc.

I don't recall the story quest line ever suddenly jumping back to a previous age when you've already gone through that storyline. But I could just simply be missing some aspect of quests I'm not aware of or something got broke here. Has anyone else in OF had this happen? Or experience the story questline going back a bunch of ages? Is this a bug?

Here's where it's at now, a TE quest when I've already done TE, FE, AF and into OF story quests;

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

View attachment 7077

I've finished all the Story quests and I have not had that issue.
Someone asked over on beta if I did something from an earlier age in the map or tech. It didn't dawn on me until he asked that I recalled that I went back to one last province I left behind from an earlier age and acquired it for a Fall Event quest. I guess doing that triggered some more old story quests, ugh, had no idea that could happen.

DeletedUser26965

I wonder what happens now?

View attachment 7086

If you do all those old quests, will it put you back where you previously were?
I'm guessing. I must say though the way these quests are it's a bit aggravating not knowing what is going to do what to the questline so I'm just going back now and getting every tech and province form earlier ages just in case, wipe it all out before carrying on with OF:mad:

wolfhoundtoo

Yes one you complete the 'new' quests you'll be right back where you were before. the quests are cued by certain events so if you can skip a province and it triggers a quest you get it afterwards.