• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Strange Looking Battle Map

i am in Tomorrow Age. whenever i play this new Guild Expedition, and sometimes before in my private continental map, i get a secondary picture overlaying the normal battlefield. it is a town landscape that while translucent, almost makes it impossible to see the true map. and it is very tough on the eyes. it is mainly blue tinted, and the buildings look futuristic. i need to see the terrain to find forests, etc to hide in.
this map does not appear in my lower level (EMA) age worlds.

hope this works
nope, problem uploading file
even funier, when i had a mix of ages, with one from industrial age, it did not appear. but as soon as i had contemprary and tomorrow troops only, it came back.

DeletedUser9184

I just use imgur to upload my images, then copy the image from there and paste it here

thank you. the two image online i had both expired. am trying postimage
r0koru3kp

dang, dang, and triple dang.
game_picture.png

ok, that one worked. the green area within the blue is only visable since that unit is highlighted, and this is it's "goto" area. it is difficult to see here, but the blue area is translucent.

DeletedUser9184

That's actually the intended look for battles fought when the highest-era unit in either army is from the Tomorrow Era. Definitely looked weird to me at first, but after a few weeks, you should get used to it :)

"get used to it?" probably not. my vision is not so good that i can stare and try to guess what the terrain is. any way to turn this off? was it supposed to be so obnoxious? it wouldn't be so bad if the new look was the only look, but to overlay it onto the old map, and be tied to the old terrain is just rediculous, and lazy on the programmers part. i may avoid tommorw troopers just to avoid this. I think you should log this under "Fail"
CptDreadRoberts
Too Old to "get used to it"

DeletedUser8152

It is not overlaid, that is just what the TE map looks like. It is supposed to be a cityscape.

ok, interesting point. so why do i see the old style map thru the translucent cityscape? if u look close, u can see dead trees and water traps thru the cityscape, as well as in the green area. while playing, i can find forests to hide my light paratroopers in. is that a bug?

DeletedUser8152

no, there are forests on the map, they are just dead scrubby things.