• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Strategies for drawing event tiles

Expletive Deleted

When the tiles on a new pirate board are placed out and you begin drawing for a prize there are 16 potential positions to start with all random.

My question is how do you decide to start and do you have a pattern that you follow?

I find myself trying to do things like skip one then 2 then 3, or following some number system I devise on the spot.

Do you just pick one and go around the clock or pick randomly? Select even or odd spaces?

On the winter board I often try to draw little patterns and make pretty designs. On this one there is a diamond track you can run.

xivarmy

I start by picking the 4 inside nodes. Then the 4 cardinal nodes (N, S, E, W). Which might be the diamond you referred to. Then I'm annoyed if I'm not done with the board already, but I just walk around the outside clockwise usually.

There isn't really any reason to prefer one order over another. We have no reason to expect that one prize is any better than another :)

PJS299

I wait to play until I get a good Daily Special. Once I find a good DS, for example, today's Hidden Goods, I click on the spot where the double payout was showed on the board before I started. Then, I click on the spot where the DS was showed.* I then proceed clockwise around the board, unless I get a power up. If I get a show two, then I avoid the two shown if they are not a DS.** If I get a double payout, then I randomly click somewhere. If I get a shuffle, I usually curse*** and move on.

*I have gotten a surprising amount of DS's from this strategy, I don't know why, but for some reason it just works. Though it doesn't all the time...
**If I have already gotten the DS and a shuffle is shown, I click the shuffle.
***I curse if I didn't get the DS from the board before I got the shuffle :)

Expletive Deleted

I will have tontry and start on the DS spot on the next good day, I've not tried that. Though usually I do work clockwise even with my skipping numbers.

Do you take the 2x if you reveal it?

Johnny B. Goode

The first several days I started with the top right inside tile/node, then proceeded counter-clockwise. I did this on every board I played. Then for a few days I went clockwise, still starting with the same top right inside tile/node. Now I'm back to the first method. The only time I deviate is either to go to a revealed prize that I want, or to skip over a prize I don't want. Any long time player knows that there is no "secret" method to getting the DS more often. Anything that seems to work is really just luck and illusion.

PJS299

Depends on the reward. Something good, maybe. Units/medals/coins/supplies, no. So basically no, I don't.

PJS299

Any long time player knows that there is no "secret" method to getting the DS more often. Anything that seems to work is really just luck and illusion.
I know, buddy, you don't have to say it out loud. It's just luck, but it works, so I'll take it.

Expletive Deleted

Theoretically some strategies are better than others.
For instance selecting the same tile and going clockwise every time. You're betting that it will be earlier on the rotation vs later and you're effectively playing a complicated duck-duck-goose game.
By skipping every other tile. You're betting that it will come on odd tiles over even.
If you randomly choose with little to no regard for where your last selection was, you don't limit yourself in these ways.

Expletive Deleted

And I know there's no secret to the draw. I just like to study behavior patterns. Without the summer wheel there's no debate over when to hit the stop the wheel button and no competition over the refresh

Johnny B. Goode

Theoretically some strategies are better than others.
For instance selecting the same tile and going clockwise every time. You're betting that it will be earlier on the rotation vs later and you're effectively playing a complicated duck-duck-goose game.
By skipping every other tile. You're betting that it will come on odd tiles over even.
If you randomly choose with little to no regard for where your last selection was, you don't limit yourself in these ways.
I'm not betting on anything by using my method(s). I'm just taking the stress of making a decision out of choosing a tile when there is no rational reason to choose any one over any other. At least until the Show 2 appears, but then I know what I'll choose and not choose out of what might show up, so it's still no stress.

PJS299

That's pretty cool! That has happened to me, with the Hidden Goods, but I didn't need them...