• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Strategy for leveling the Arc to the stratosphere

DeletedUser28711

Hello all,

Through reading various post in numerous threads, I've seen that Arc rewards start paying for themselves around level 24 or 25 which is when people will get a couple partners together to start leveling each others Arc up to at least level 80, if not higher.

What I'd like to know from those of you that have done this is:
  • Is this info correct? If not, what is the correct info?
  • How do you get through the hump of levels 10 through 24 or 25?

Any advice that you can offer is appreciated.

Thank you.

*Arturis*

Base on a person with level 80 arc to lock your GB, the hump is around level 30 and ends at level 73.

*Arturis*

I am a GB hunter even before the Arc coming in, never have trouble getting bp or fp to level it. Best way to level it is using your Arc to make more fp pack and level it, it is only getting better as your Arc gets higher. Remember the new GB Kraken just came out a month ago?
http://prntscr.com/hcb60n

Last edited:

DeletedUser28670

I am a GB hunter even before the Arc coming in, never have trouble getting bp or fp to level it. Best way to level it is using your Arc to make more fp pack and level it, it is only getting better as your Arc gets higher. Remember the new GB Kraken just came out a month ago?
Gosh, that's what, like 10 sets every day?

Salsuero

How do you get through the hump of levels 10 through 24 or 25?

The Arc is just like any other GB. The way you get it up to where it starts to pay profitable rewards for 1st/2nd locked up from dead zero each level (~ level 30-74) is to do it the old-fashioned way. You either level it yourself or you solicit donations via swap threads, direct swap agreements, or random chance. The benefit of the Arc itself is that its popularity tends to cause people to overpay for rewards, which benefits the owner, and they tend to be sought out, so they aren't usually difficult to work on leveling. But there is no secret recipe other than the same work involved in doing the same for any GB. Once it becomes profitable for 1st/2nd, you still have to fill 1/4 of the level by the usual means. It's up to you which method you prefer to get all of the FPs needed for every level up to 80, even when people start locking up those "sweet spot" rewards.

It can also get quite competitive and sometimes cause quite a bit of rage when someone "steals" a spot that has been "promised" to one or two players. People have been known to go to war over such things... or at minimum, plunder the heck out of a neighbor, boot an "offending" guildie, or remove a "disrespectful" friend. You can judge my quotation marks to mean people tend to take this game a bit too seriously sometimes.

Any other questions?

wolfhoundtoo

One method (assuming you have a friend with a high arc) is you do 'net forge point swaps'. The high Arc locks 1st in your GB for say 500 forge points, they win say 350 (with their arc bonus) and you would then donate 150 forge points to their GB less the amount of forge points you win from their GB. This requires a pretty good friend or guild mate though. Another way to do it is to self level till the point where the friend/guild mate can lock 1st and they agree to win only a small amount of forge points or none over all.

DeletedUser31392

I’ve heard some say to do self leveling from 10 to the profit zone and offer a 10% profit on 1st and second, then self level a bit more to do the same for 3rd place. This is of course if you have a hard time getting anyone to willingly donate or don’t have 80+ Arc users in yournGuild or are close friends with. This way will end up costing you a bit more than to only offer an even break, but will help if you struggle to find the donors for those levels. The same holds true for when it comes out of the profit zone. During the profit zone you will still have to self level an amount to get someone to take 3rd and then finsih the rest out with Guild Swaps or personal swaps. You’ll find the higher it goes the more willing players are without Arcs to donate to try for prints and medals, at least that’s what I’ve personally seen happen with thenArc players on my list in S world and from what some players have told me in game.

I actually set up a spreadsheet to calculate how much I need to put on to give out a 10% profit for 1-3 place. From 11-80 it ends up costing me 20% of the total cost thisnway, but will be much easier to get players to freely donate and level it faster. The new GB attachment will be nice for that since I can set up a group chat with the Arc users on my list and announce when it will give a 10% profit in the unprofitable ranges.

Giving a theoretical 10% profit for 3rd place will make it easier for players with growing Arcs that are stuck behind needing more prints to donate for a cheaper amount than they normally might have to spend on most Arcs as most players self donate til 3rd will break even or profit an extreme small amount.

Also, doing the theoretical 10% will allow users to gain a net total of ~11k fps for 1-3. If you have to ability to do so, get 3 players that will lock in 1-3 for you by offering the 10% profit and they can rotate between who locks in which place and gain between 3-4k fps in the end.

Salsuero

One method (assuming you have a friend with a high arc) is you do 'net forge point swaps'. The high Arc locks 1st in your GB for say 500 forge points, they win say 350 (with their arc bonus) and you would then donate 150 forge points to their GB less the amount of forge points you win from their GB. This requires a pretty good friend or guild mate though. Another way to do it is to self level till the point where the friend/guild mate can lock 1st and they agree to win only a small amount of forge points or none over all.

I like your thinking... but...... one word: SNIPERS.

Salsuero

It's not that hard to time it properly.

It can in fact be very difficult. Some people are willing to go to great depths to steal a spot. The smartest way to stop people is to not open levels until you are ready to use them. But that doesn't stop it from happening once you do... and you have to have everyone in your "circle" ready to go at the same time. If anyone sees it while it's happening and is on mobile and someone in your circle is not... good luck. The mobile app makes it very unfair to donate FPs en masse. But that's at least a way to try to mitigate the sniper challenge. Still it isn't a guarantee and that was all I meant.

wolfhoundtoo

It can in fact be very difficult. Some people are willing to go to great depths to steal a spot. The smartest way to stop people is to not open levels until you are ready to use them. But that doesn't stop it from happening once you do... and you have to have everyone in your "circle" ready to go at the same time. If anyone sees it while it's happening and is on mobile and someone in your circle is not... good luck. The mobile app makes it very unfair to donate FPs en masse. But that's at least a way to try to mitigate the sniper challenge. Still it isn't a guarantee and that was all I meant.

You want guarantees go into insurance. Everything else you pay your money and take your chances. Nor do you need a whole team on to do what I was referring to in my post. Plan it properly and you can make it pretty difficult for a sniper. Plus who said anything about a team? I was referring to an individual deal between 2 people hardly requires that much coordination. On top of that you can only be sniped by your hood, ,guild or friend list. 2 of those you can easily control.

Last edited:

Salsuero

You want guarantees go into insurance.

LOL -- I was the one who said it's not guaranteed to start this discussion. My Arc is at level 45 right now. I'm aware of how to do it. I just thought the suggestion left open the possibility of snipers. I mentioned that aspect. It didn't need to become a conversation because it's not untrue, is it? I believe even a deal between just two people can be very difficult to coordinate, not that it always will be. I have seen it happen with my own swap partner. Sometimes we just can't predict what happens when a level gets donated into much quicker than anticipated and then gets leveled before anyone knows it and the next level has been sniped. All I said was... that's a problem. And it is. Yes, I could drop every 90% Arc owner who snipes a level from my friend list if I wanted to. That's already something I evaluate on a case-by-case basis. Wouldn't really be to the advantage of my Dynamic Tower or higher age prints if I just dropped every one of them, but I could do that, sure. You can't really control your guild. You can of course use strong language with them, but at the end of the day, they are free people. And the hood... that's where most of the damage typically comes from anyways if you're in higher ages. My swap partner is in Oceanic Future and we have to fear a random hoodmate doing just that, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it unless you do like I suggested and leave levels locked in advance of the next one so someone who force-levels you can't snipe the next level as they could if it were already pre-opened.

DeletedUser26532

Level FIVE HUNDRED? WHAT THE ACTUAL **** MAN?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

Level FIVE HUNDRED? WHAT THE ACTUAL **** MAN?!?!

That's only how many he's unlocked. At a certain point of leveling up, prints just become an afterthought. I'm at level 45 on my Arc and already have enough to open up to level 114 without 2:1 nonsense (and that's my lowest print count -- enough for full sets -- but I have much higher counts in most of the slots). It's much easier if you level with a friend and take 1st on each other since you'll both be getting a hefty print reward (one that's bonused even more as your Arc rises) to the point of never having to think about them. By the time my Arc reaches level 80, I'm sure I'll have enough to open up to at least level 150 if I want to. If you play long enough, level it high enough, and invest in other Arcs for the FP profit, level 500 shouldn't take too much time. The same approach would apply to any GB (such as his Kraken) and is even easier once you already have a massive Arc since all print rewards will be supersized from the start. Not saying this is exactly how LacLongQuan did it, but when you're a player with as much FP output and Arc bonus, you don't really worry too much about getting prints relatively quickly if you want them. Now actually leveling up to level 500 is an entirely different story!

Last edited:

*Arturis*

That's only how many he's unlocked. At a certain point of leveling up, prints just become an afterthought. I'm at level 45 on my Arc and already have enough to open up to level 114 without 2:1 nonsense (and that's my lowest print count -- enough for full sets -- but I have much higher counts in most of the slots). It's much easier if you level with a friend and take 1st on each other since you'll both be getting a hefty print reward (one that's bonused even more as your Arc rises) to the point of never having to think about them. By the time my Arc reaches level 80, I'm sure I'll have enough to open up to at least level 150 if I want to. If you play long enough, level it high enough, and invest in other Arcs for the FP profit, level 500 shouldn't take too much time. The same approach would apply to any GB (such as his Kraken) and is even easier once you already have a massive Arc since all print rewards will be supersized from the start. Not saying this is exactly how LacLongQuan did it, but when you're a player with as much FP output and Arc bonus, you don't really worry too much about getting prints relatively quickly if you want them. Now actually leveling up to level 500 is an entirely different story!
true:) http://prntscr.com/hej12j