• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Strategy for leveling the Arc to the stratosphere

DeletedUser26532

Man I wonder what the bonuses even ARE if you get that high...

DeletedUser31703

Man I wonder what the bonuses even ARE if you get that high...
11.111 = 1.193% bonus. that mean you can level up any GE from level 1 to level 100 without losing any fp in one day, so if everybody is your friend , your whole world can have an arc at level 80 in 1 week maybe? XD jajaj

DeletedUser28711

Thank you all for your insights. There appears to be a few options that one could take.

My initial thought for starting this question was that perhaps an easy way of doing it was to get a group of 5 other players with the same or +1/-1 level Arc as your own & rotate slots on leveling each others Arcs, for which I was hoping that somebody had already tried this & might have some formulas already worked out on how much would be needed to self-invest while making it profitable for the others, but it doesn't look like that's a strategy anybody other than Mek2 has attempted yet.

Thanks again everybody.

DeletedUser31440

Thank you all for your insights. There appears to be a few options that one could take.

My initial thought for starting this question was that perhaps an easy way of doing it was to get a group of 5 other players with the same or +1/-1 level Arc as your own & rotate slots on leveling each others Arcs, for which I was hoping that somebody had already tried this & might have some formulas already worked out on how much would be needed to self-invest while making it profitable for the others, but it doesn't look like that's a strategy anybody other than Mek2 has attempted yet.

Thanks again everybody.

That is the strategy that I've seen quite a few people use, at least up to level 30. Once you get to 30 you can get someone with a level 80 Arc to lock in 1st and 2nd and they will make fp's on the contribution reward. Once you get to that point you would switch over to a 4 person swap group with 2 level 80'ers locking in 1st and 2nd and the swap groups locking in 3rd-5th. That should get you through I think it's level 73 or 74 with only paying 1/4th the needed fp's to level for all levels between 30-74.

Salsuero

My initial thought for starting this question was that perhaps an easy way of doing it was to get a group of 5 other players with the same or +1/-1 level Arc as your own & rotate slots on leveling each others Arcs, for which I was hoping that somebody had already tried...

Yep, but the Arc is too popular to not get sniped, so unless you disconnect it and only reconnect it when people in your group can donate, expect snipers to throw wrenches into the works. It happens all the time. People want prints and they will overpay for them. The neighborhood is notorious for donating every single FP they have in lower ages. In higher ages, I can't say what the neighborhood does, though I suspect they are more about doing it to screw with people.

...might have some formulas already worked out on how much would be needed to self-invest while making it profitable for the others, but it doesn't look like that's a strategy anybody other than Mek2 has attempted yet.

I'm sure many of us have tried it. I have. But there is no magic formula when the Arc is open for sniping. If you can afford to self-invest a lot of FPs on each level instantly so that it can instantly become profitable, that's one thing. Most players might be able to do that for one or two of the early levels... maybe even up to level 10... but at a certain point, you are going to be dropping a lot on your Arc to get it to a breakeven point for even the top 2 spots, let alone all 5. At the bottom 4/5 reward spots, you might only get 5 or 10 FPs... how do you aim to make that profitable to your group that it wouldn't be sniped immediately way before that by someone who wanted it and was willing to get it without profit? Of course, as you approach level 30, that changes for the top 2 spots. But you're still gonna have to drop some serious forge points on your end to make the other 3 spots profitable. Good luck doing that while still actually using your Arc, because if you disconnect it to save it for your group, you lose use of it!

Last edited:

DeletedUser31392

From what ive observed it’s best to make 1-3 profitable by self donations. From 30-70ish 1st/2nd get taken almost immediataly upon opening the level. Some will toss on random amounts as a feebish attempt to win a reward spot. Others will fight over getting the spot. And then when you donate the magical amount to the GB 3rd gets taken up fast. At that point you have less than 1/4 the fps needed to level.

What I’ve seen work is to sell goods (if you are in a position to do so, and I’ve seen some offer an age orn2 higher than their own to hoodies for fps since it’s harder for them to get those goods, whereas those players who are selling can have an easier time since they are most likely a big farmer/fighter with excess goods to spare). In this case the seller has the buyer put the fps on Arc to make the cost even less to level the sellers Arc.

And then the rest can be obtained through Guild swaps or personal swaps (guild swaps if your guild doesn’t have issues with only having 2 rewards spots to fight over, Ive seen this be an issue...)

And from 70-80 the same holds true, dump enough to make it worthwhile for the 80+ arc users to take 1/2, players freeely donate random amounts in hopes of getting rewards, self donate more to get ann80+ arc user to take 3rd, less than a 1/4 left to get it finished.

Just my own observations of course. As I said I made a spreadsheet to indicate how much I need to self donate to make 1-3 profitable by at least 10% for 80+ Arc users, securing in at least 3/4ths the cost to level.

DeletedUser26120

hat should get you through I think it's level 73 or 74 with only paying 1/4th the needed fp's to level for all levels between 30-74.
Worth noting that level 60 gives you 80%, which is plenty imo. That's where I plan to stop and instead of spending the enormous amounts of fps to self-level once the "sweet spot" ends, I'll be using those to level up Traz, AO, and kraken.

*Arturis*

Worth noting that level 60 gives you 80%, which is plenty imo. That's where I plan to stop and instead of spending the enormous amounts of fps to self-level once the "sweet spot" ends, I'll be using those to level up Traz, AO, and kraken.
You don't want to stop at level 60, I did that for a month at 60 and regretted it, ended up level it to 80. Where there are many level 80 arc around, every % counts. From 60-80, you will gain an additional of 10% which is huge because it is your profit margin. Say everyone with level 80 arc will lock at 180%, those with 90% will get 10% in profit while you will get 0%.

DeletedUser27184

You don't want to stop at level 60, I did that for a month at 60 and regretted it, ended up level it to 80. Where there are many level 80 arc around, every % counts. From 60-80, you will gain an additional of 10% which is huge because it is your profit margin. Say everyone with level 80 arc will lock at 180%, those with 90% will get 10% in profit while you will get 0%.
Also, it is a custom to put 180% of the reward (even if you can put less) as guild mates/friends. So if you have only level 60 you can go into those trades, but you wont earn extra.
Now this custom is for fast leveling buildings. We have a thread in the guild that we post buildings ready for snipping. Those are always are taken as 180% value. With my high level Arc friends I have come to agree on the same custom (it is quite known and used in my world), so when they snipe, they do it with 180% reward as well (even if they could have taken it lower).
This custom is critical for fast leveling, as it add hundreds of FP for the Arc leveler (since otherwise, those snipers would have taken the prize with 170% of the rewards).
As a matter of fact, I would advise that if you gonna level Arc past level 30, make sure to talk with all your friends and guild mates on this custom and agree for that before hand. Guild is easy - they usually do it. Friends are rather easy too, as it is a custom, and you can kick them if they don't agree.
Its the neighborhood that can do problem. But so far, even those agreed and put the 180% custom price, and they were greeted as friends from that point on.

So, if you intend to join the fast pace leveling of GB's, you will need to put 180% base. If you don't have a small margin of profit, you wont manage to hit multiple targets over time.

Those last levels to 80 are critical for you continuing leveling other gb's fast after you finished with the Arc