• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Strategy pointers for player moving into mid-level?

DeletedUser38737

I've been playing for a few months. Currently in the Modern Era. Getting close to 1M pts, have a few gbs, etc. I'm wondering what to do with fps if I don't want to move up a level and my gbs are at or getting close to level 10. I know I can donate some to other players' gbs. Anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

I've been playing for a few months. Currently in the Modern Era. Getting close to 1M pts, have a few gbs, etc. I'm wondering what to do with fps if I don't want to move up a level and my gbs are at or getting close to level 10. I know I can donate some to other players' gbs. Anything else?

Depends on your goals... Few more details may help.

Are you a fighter or negotiator?
How many levels of GE do you complete?
What Gbs do you currently have?

DeletedUser29726

You can unlock levels beyond 10 on your favorite GB. You need a full set of prints for each additional level you want to unlock (can hunt them by donating to others). If you're in a guild, you may be able to find friendly players to get you the prints you want for cheap.

DeletedUser31499

Get into a good guild that has a 1.9 thread. If you don’t have one yet use those extra fp to buy Arc goods and build an arc. Level arc to 80. Use arc to get more fp. I leveled my fp producing GBs and now my city produces 550 fp a day. I used those to level my military GBs into the 70s. Now picking one GB and leveling it then move on to the next one. Being in a good guild really makes it all possible. Help your guildmates and they will help you. I also leveled the HC to 58, Kraken to 63, and TA to 69. My guild helped me get the goods for them. Helping out in the 1.9 thread has gotten me so many bp that I can level all popular GBs well above level 300. I just entered CE and have been playing for just over 2 years.

DeletedUser38737

Depends on your goals... Few more details may help.

Are you a fighter or negotiator?
How many levels of GE do you complete?
What Gbs do you currently have?
I have CDM, Traz, RAH, Zeus, LOA, SMB, TOR. I like to do battles, not so good at negotiating. Usually go at least half way thru level 2 on GE.

DeletedUser38737

Get into a good guild that has a 1.9 thread. If you don’t have one yet use those extra fp to buy Arc goods and build an arc. Level arc to 80. Use arc to get more fp. I leveled my fp producing GBs and now my city produces 550 fp a day. I used those to level my military GBs into the 70s. Now picking one GB and leveling it then move on to the next one. Being in a good guild really makes it all possible. Help your guildmates and they will help you. I also leveled the HC to 58, Kraken to 63, and TA to 69. My guild helped me get the goods for them. Helping out in the 1.9 thread has gotten me so many bp that I can level all popular GBs well above level 300. I just entered CE and have been playing for just over 2 years.
This sounds like good advice but it is a little over my head. I am in a guild that has a 1.9 or 1.8 thread, though I don't really know what it is all about. Sounds like I need to start thinking about ways to get more bps.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

I have CDM, Traz, RAH, Zeus, LOA, SMB, TOR. I like to do battles, not so good at negotiating. Usually go at least half way thru level 2 on GE.

A good way to measure how strong your Attack/Defense is to fight all the way thru Level 4 in GE. As a fighter you are missing CoA GB.. I'd also look into getting an Arc as well.

BruteForceAttack

This sounds like good advice but it is a little over my head. I am in a guild that has a 1.9 or 1.8 thread, though I don't really know what it is al l about. Sounds like I need to start thinking about ways to get more bps.

As your guild has 1.9/1.8 threads try and take 5th spots on Gbs to get Bps. Most important thing is for you also to get an Arc so that you get more rewards (fps/bps/medals )

DeletedUser38737

As your guild has 1.9/1.8 threads try and take 5th spots on Gbs to get Bps. Most important thing is for you also to get an Arc so that you get more rewards (fps/bps/medals )
I am in the Modern Era. The Arc is a few levels ahead of me and I would prefer to move more slowly, not rush through the levels. This gives me something to think about, though. Maybe an intermediate step would be to work for a CoA. Try to learn more about the 1.8 thread from the people in my guild, too.

DeletedUser29726

I am in the Modern Era. The Arc is a few levels ahead of me and I would prefer to move more slowly, not rush through the levels. This gives me something to think about, though. Maybe an intermediate step would be to work for a CoA. Try to learn more about the 1.8 thread from the people in my guild, too.

You can build it ahead of the age. You just need the blueprints and goods. The blueprints you can find from donating to other arcs. The goods you may be able to get help from your guildmates and if not you can certainly find a seller on the open market (you make an agreement with them to donate X FP to one of their buildings, then they trade you the goods you need for much lower goods as an unfair trade)

DeletedUser38737

You can build it ahead of the age. You just need the blueprints and goods. The blueprints you can find from donating to other arcs. The goods you may be able to get help from your guildmates and if not you can certainly find a seller on the open market (you make an agreement with them to donate X FP to one of their buildings, then they trade you the goods you need for much lower goods as an unfair trade)
Thanks. This is helpful. I've heard of these strategies but I've never really seen them explained, before.

Bruadhin

Frankly, you should probably park in Modern for a while and advance your city. I spent a year in Progressive and it really helped as I could focus on leveling up my GBs.

DeletedUser38737

Frankly, you should probably park in Modern for a while and advance your city. I spent a year in Progressive and it really helped as I could focus on leveling up my GBs.
That's something I was wondering. How does one park? I will continue to get fps every day and I can't just keep saving all of them. I think I found out you can only save something like 100 before you are forced to spend them. Learning more about the 1.8 thread in my guild is something I just found out about, here. Trying to get an Arc, maybe. Plus, would there be a way to get expansions without moving to the next era?

DeletedUser29726

That's something I was wondering. How does one park? I will continue to get fps every day and I can't just keep saving all of them. I think I found out you can only save something like 100 before you are forced to spend them. Learning more about the 1.8 thread in my guild is something I just found out about, here. Trying to get an Arc, maybe. Plus, would there be a way to get expansions without moving to the next era?

Medals - donating to high age GBs can get you substantial amounts which can be turned into expansions. Arc can amplify that further.

Bruadhin

Spend them on GBs. Get prints and goods for the Arc and start leveling it. I just aged to Modern Thursday and I'm at over 8 million points.

I doubt I will spend as long in ME as I did in PE, but definitely several months. Most of your FP should be spent on leveling GBs and not on research. It will make the game easier and more interesting.

RazorbackPirate

You park by stopping all progression on the Tech Tree and Story Quests. You use your FPs to level GBs, your own and others'.

Each age gives 2 Premium expansions that require diamonds to place. The first costs 200 diamonds, the last one 1,800 diamonds. Free diamonds are easily obtained from Level 4 GE, which TBH, you should have been completing long before you made it to ME.

There are also currently 36 Victory expansions which require medals to place, the first just 10 medals, the last 950,000. A high level Arc gives copious medals when you're rewarded for helping level other's GBs.

Given your rush through the ages, you've likely not placed many, if any, of either. You can find how many you have available of each by trying to place an expansion, which will pop up the box of available expansions.

DeletedUser38737

You park by stopping all progression on the Tech Tree and Story Quests. You use your FPs to level GBs, your own and others'.

Each age gives 2 Premium expansions that require diamonds to place. The first costs 200 diamonds, the last one 1,800 diamonds. Free diamonds are easily obtained from Level 4 GE, which TBH, you should have been completing long before you made it to ME.

There are also currently 36 Victory expansions which require medals to place, the first just 10 medals, the last 950,000. A high level Arc gives copious medals when you're rewarded for helping level other's GBs.

Given your rush through the ages, you've likely not placed many, if any, of either. You can find how many you have available of each by trying to place an expansion, which will pop up the box of available expansions.
I have placed a number of expansions. Making it through level 2 of the GE is a challenge for me, though. I've only done it one time. I have a yggdrasil almost to level 8, which gives me 24% attack boost. Some carousels give me a few more. Then I have a zeus at level 10 and CDM working on 8, which give me 51% military boost, combined. I also have a traz at level 9. How high would I have to level the gbs I already have to get enough boost to get into GE level 3 with ease? The units I have to fight get higher and higher boosts, themselves, as I move along.

RazorbackPirate

In GE, the higher the age, the more the units are boosted in higher levels. ME units will have much higher boosts than HMA units on the same encounter. You've got a lot of work to do to compensate for your rush through the ages.

A high level Chateau in conjunction with Recurring Quests can also provide all the goods you'd need to negotiate instead of fight, I negotiated my way through the higher levels of GE long before I was ever able to fight through them.

In my CA city, all 3 of my fight GBs are right around level 40. I can manually fight through all of GE, but on level 4, I still lose more units than I'd like. My total A/D boost from all sources is currently 317/153 in CA and I still want/need more.

There is no definitive answer to your question of how much boost you need, but I can tell you it's a ton more than you have..

DeletedUser29726

It's not necessarily the right place to stall if your next goal is to fight more of GE. CE's AAV + 7 rogues can quite comfortably run the table through GE4 at even just 100% boost (you're not there yet either, but the same principle still applies - you will go further in that age at lower levels of boost). Yes you'll be fighting against more boost too but there's a few factors in CE's favor: 1) most units you'll get a free hit on as they turn the rogue into an AAV due to Contact!. 2) CE Artillery, which you won't, despawns itself after firing once. 3) If there's a lot of artillery, CE introduces flying units that can't even be hit by artillery which lets you win easily.