• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Subtracting Medals

PJS299

Is there anything in the game that uses medals other than placing expansions, buying attempts in GE, and buying attempts in the PvP tower? I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Anyway, I was battling one of my neighbors for my HC bonus, and I'm not sure if the battle caused it, but at the top of my screen it suddenly had -912 medals. I don't know why this happened. Was it a bug? A glitch? Like I said, I'm not 100% sure that the battle caused it, it just happened right as I pressed auto battle. I was wondering if anybody knows why this would happen.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

Is there anything in the game that uses medals other than placing expansions, buying attempts in GE, and buying attempts in the PvP tower? I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Anyway, I was battling one of my neighbors for my HC bonus, and I'm not sure if the battle caused it, but at the top of my screen it suddenly had -912 medals. I don't know why this happened. Was it a bug? A glitch? Like I said, I'm not 100% sure that the battle caused it, it just happened right as I pressed auto battle.
Sieging sectors on the All Ages map is one

Johnny B. Goode

Anyway, I was battling one of my neighbors for my HC bonus, and I'm not sure if the battle caused it, but at the top of my screen it suddenly had -912 medals. I don't know why this happened. Was it a bug? A glitch? Like I said, I'm not 100% sure that the battle caused it, it just happened right as I pressed auto battle. I was wondering if anybody knows why this would happen.
Did your total actually go down? Because I'm wondering if one of your guild leaders spent 912 Medals in the GvG All Ages map, in which case your personal Medal count would have stayed the same. I don't know why that would show up on your screen, though. Are you a guild leader or founder?

The other possibility that occurs to me is that maybe you got plundered and that was what they got from whatever building it was. I don't know that the results of a plunder show like that, though. Curious.

Dursland

Sieging sectors on the All Ages map is one
All Ages map is easily the biggest use of medals. You can burn through millions a day fighting on the AA map if you own a lot of sectors.

If you have extra medals beyond enough saved up for the next victory expansion, you should consider donating them to the guild treasury.

Ironrooster

Medals are used to produce the goods from synthesizers which are available starting in SAAB.

Also you may want to keep some in case they add another Victory Expansion.

Emberguard

Is there anything in the game that uses medals [...]? I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Yes.

Negotiations

Goods Synthesizers in the Space Ages.

Probably a visual glitch.

Battling neighbors won't change your medals total by itself, but there have been visual bugs in the past where the game showed -population followed by +population when doing unrelated actions. Highly doubt you lost any medals from it. Likely just means the game is syncing what's on your display to what's on the system.

If you're worried about it you could always put in a support ticket and ask them to look for any discrepencies / the last use of 912 medals