• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rejected Suggestion for Army Management

murrsumm

When in a battle, just before clicking the Attack button one is given the opportunity to change the composition of their current army. My suggestion would only apply when your current army contains damaged units. Up to now, the procedure for replacing a damaged unit require two clicks: 1 to select the desired damaged unit (which removes it from the current army), and a second to select a unit to fill the empty slot created by the previous click.

My proposal is to make this replacement happen with a single click! If the current army contains a damaged unit, clicking on an undamaged unit, of the same type as the damaged unit, in the troop selection tray will automatically replace that damaged unit in the current army. For example if the current army contains 2 hover tanks and 6 rogues and one of these rogues is damaged, then simply clicking on an undamaged rogue in the tray below the current army will replace the damaged one. If the current army contains 3 damaged rogues, then the one that gets replaced is the one with the most damage. If two or more current units are damaged to the same extent, the one to be replaced is determined randomly. Note that this will only work with units of the same type - a rogue would not be able to replace a hover tank. Instead of needing two clicks, this process only needs one. I feel it will significantly enhance the rapid management of armies during heated combat.

Finally, I suggest that the old method still remain in place allowing one to change the composition of the current army altogether.

I see no opportunity for abuse by making this simple change.