• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SWAP THREADS IN YOUR GUILD ?

Dude Laffalot

I just moved into a Premier Guild with and advanced GB building thread. Yes they have a 1.9 thread , but I am fairly new to the game and my ARC is not that high yet, so they have what im calling "advanced GB building Thread " that is far better than a "swap thread" my previous guild had. I was talking to a previous guildmate trying to explain the difference and he wasnt getting it ? He said he preferred a SWAP thread because of all the FREE FP ???

Well Im here to tell you in a " GB FP swap thread " there is NO FREE FP ! if you invest 100 into some ones GB, then you will get a return of 100 FP, so after you have invested 1000 FP you will have received 1000 FP. The only thing you MAY get is some medals and blueprints. Swap threads are basicaly break even scenario, you have no control over what spot you end up in and most investments result in no profit at all. Of course we arent supposed to profit off our guildmates, BUT we should be offering our buildings 5 spots for FP, Blueprints and Medals , this lifts everyone up. This is the beauty of an advanced swap thread , all spots are secure and you do get FREE FP !

Example- I primed my ARC for each spot for a guildmate to take, in the end my ARC was leveled, I put in approx 385 FP, guildmates put in over 800 FP, so that is 800 FP for FREE !!! You will NOT get these results in a swap thread. In a swap thread if you put out 385, you get back 385.

My Guild is Allegiance Guild ! Very active and knowledgeable players, I am the least powerful player and am looking for newer players like me to JOIN this GUILD and be in a better situation for the game play than in a modest guild offering a boring swap thread.

I am at 1,100,000 power level, and if you play everyday , want to participate in GE and GB and get your building leveled faster I recommend this guild !

An ACTIVE player is someone that plays everyday, logs on several times a day, wants to participate in GE and Guild Battleground.
Someone that wants to be in a better game situation and be a part of a good Team instead being by yourself. This game is slow, and is best played with friendships and fun all the while building a better city.

Also I would like to find 4 to 5 other players to join and we can create our own GB leveling circle where we share certain GB, offer up one spot at a time, spot is protected from sniping, a small profit is made by investor and players get their buildings leveled , this is an ALL WIN scenario, vs a swap thread only a few win a little.

Last edited:

Orius Maximus

The top players can speak for themselves, but I make somewhere over 500 fp a day, and I need our big swaps for dumping all those points. That doesn't count what I pull in from GbG, GE, the Arena, Himeji spoils, etc, not to mention event prizes. And I know that's probably relatively low for an established player. The 1.9 is something of an unreliable method of fp spending to me.

Sharmon the Impaler

The top players can speak for themselves, but I make somewhere over 500 fp a day, and I need our big swaps for dumping all those points. That doesn't count what I pull in from GbG, GE, the Arena, Himeji spoils, etc, not to mention event prizes. And I know that's probably relatively low for an established player. The 1.9 is something of an unreliable method of fp spending to me.
We outright banned swaps , they cripple the junior players and are not at all fair.

Ebeondi Asi

I created several Arc swap threads (in several Worlds and Guilds) if a small group (six is ideal, four or Five is OK too)
Look at your friends list. Guild list. see who has a small Ar (below 20) write all of them a message asking if they are interested in creating an Arc swap thread for blueprints (ask about 15 and you should get six willing)
Make the private thread(s) generally use only three swap numbers. Like 25. 50 100 or 10 25 50. Too many threads will fail. You can also do it like a 1.9 which will be safer from sniping. Sniping will become a big problem once an Arc reaches level 29 anyway.
you need a total of 650 or so prints to reach level 80. You should try hard to get them before you reach level 29. Also ask to get on big players Arc taking P5 @1.9 The Fp loss is nothing compared to getting piles of blueprints.
If you can get enough blueprints from big arc owners. you will not need to makes group to swap.
Using 1.9 s far more efficient than any swap for leveling your own Arc too.

Dude Laffalot

What I am speaking of is NOT a 1.9 thread, but it is similar, because all SPOTS are SECURE, the player posting the GB has a responsibility to PRIME the building for EACH spot. He then makes a post about the BLDG, what SPOT is SECURE , a player takes the spot then post done, and the original poster PRIMES the BLDG again if needed. I understand what your saying because I believed swap was good, but its NOT. At the end of the day you have leveled all of your own GB by yourself ! Only exception is the few times you might win a few BP or medals, which isnt often. Read the posts here and listen to these experienced players, we are wasting our FP is the basic swap thread, it doesnt feel like that, but it is. So instead of giving your FP to someone, PRIME your own GB then post it for others to invest in, and use the valuable FP's you are earning to invest in on your guild mates in the advanced thread where you are guaranteed a spot with each and every investment. I was flailing around, leveling different GB's and my ARC, now I have a plan, level the ARC , get to 1.9 and then sniping will be at whole new level and helping guild mates will be at a whole new level.

What you are describing is SIMILAR to a 1.9 thread, although it sounds like you are not using 1.9 numbers. This makes sense for players who don't yet have a level 80 Arc and are working to get there. You might consider using 1.x math based on the boost from the lowest level Arc in the group. That will speed things up even more.

Pericles the Lion

Strangely though, many players prefer them.
No doubt. However, if you dig deeper I think that you'll find that most of these players (1) have a big bank and high level ARCs so they can always lock a P1-P5 spot for profit or (2) are naive newer players that are in guilds that do not actively support the 1.9s (because of #1). Anyone that bothers to do the math can easily see that swaps are far inferior to 1.9s.

Orius Maximus

We outright banned swaps , they cripple the junior players and are not at all fair.

The unfair and crippling aspects probably come from the typically selfish behaviors of the "top" players. I've seen people who will do things like drop a level 100+ Arc without priming it at all in swap threads. Bad enough when the swap is for hundreds of fp, but it takes a "special" kind of knucklehead to dump it in a 10 or 20 fp swap. Not only will it take forever for them to level a high level GB at that rate, but it also pretty much wastes the fp of junior players. It's faster to drop a GB into a swap than it is to calculate priming costs for a 1.9 though. And some players probably don't want to spend fp on leveling their GBs only seeing the immediate costs, though over the long run it pays off.

I've learned to pay attention to how many FP my GBs need to level, put them in swaps as efficiently possible after they've gone through the 1.9 and just level them the rest of the way when all the slots are full and there's something like less than 50 fp to go, because few people bother putting a small amount of fp on a full GB. I'll do it if it's less than 50 fp just get rid of bar fp so I can keep collecting from my buildings and so the other player doesn't have their GB tied up either.

I blame the massive amounts of fp that pour into the game these days and the stupid 100 fp cap that's become inadequate. When my bar fills up, I want to empty it ASAP, and like I said, swaps are faster than the 1.9 calculations.

Dude Laffalot

The unfair and crippling aspects probably come from the typically selfish behaviors of the "top" players. I've seen people who will do things like drop a level 100+ Arc without priming it at all in swap threads. Bad enough when the swap is for hundreds of fp, but it takes a "special" kind of knucklehead to dump it in a 10 or 20 fp swap. Not only will it take forever for them to level a high level GB at that rate, but it also pretty much wastes the fp of junior players. It's faster to drop a GB into a swap than it is to calculate priming costs for a 1.9 though. And some players probably don't want to spend fp on leveling their GBs only seeing the immediate costs, though over the long run it pays off.

I've learned to pay attention to how many FP my GBs need to level, put them in swaps as efficiently possible after they've gone through the 1.9 and just level them the rest of the way when all the slots are full and there's something like less than 50 fp to go, because few people bother putting a small amount of fp on a full GB. I'll do it if it's less than 50 fp just get rid of bar fp so I can keep collecting from my buildings and so the other player doesn't have their GB tied up either.

I blame the massive amounts of fp that pour into the game these days and the stupid 100 fp cap that's become inadequate. When my bar fills up, I want to empty it ASAP, and like I said, swaps are faster than the 1.9 calculations.
in my previous clan there is a member that will drop a GB in the swap thread and state that it " protected " , which then the noobs will donate FP and at the end of the day or days 20 have donated and there are only 5 spots. SO I called him out as to his obvious lies and deceit and he would not admit to it, he still stood by it was protected. He was priming it at about half of what a 1.9 GB would be primed and people were falling for it because they trusted him as a long time player and officer of the guild. So I left and have found a Guild of great players that will invest in properly primed GB's in the thread.

Orius Maximus

I would have too if the other guild founder didn't beat me to it. Obvious problem players need to get the boot ASAP.