• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

swap threads

hippobuttamus

if i need to put in 13,000 FP.
and i use swap threads to try to get some of that back , at maybe 50% return. it's easy to say that it's better to get 50% return than nothing.
but what i think most people forget is that if i invest the 13000 fp into 1.9's then i'll, getting 90% return.

it confuses my why the guildies with 170+ lvl arcs are levelling with swaps. i asked them to explain the math but what they say dosn't make any logical sense.
these players btw are very active, not the type that log in once a day and dump everything into swaps.
so why are active, long term, and very knowable players doing this.

it's a bizarre phenomenon, it feels like swaps threads are a virus that is taking over the game. every guild you join have them, i've only seen maybe 2 high lvl guilds that don't have swaps.
i even started in a new world and never used swaps, my Arc is in the 90's and the problem i have with the world, is 1.9 threads are so slow, not many ppl use them cause they are all in the swaps...so frustrating.

Pericles the Lion

if i need to put in 13,000 FP.
and i use swap threads to try to get some of that back , at maybe 50% return. it's easy to say that it's better to get 50% return than nothing.
but what i think most people forget is that if i invest the 13000 fp into 1.9's then i'll, getting 90% return.
Actually, if you have a L80 ARC your return is 100% (13,000 fps). If your ARC is <L90 your return will be less than 100% (a loss). If your ARC is >L90 your return will be more than 100% (a profit).
it confuses my why the guildies with 170+ lvl arcs are levelling with swaps. i asked them to explain the math but what they say dosn't make any logical sense.
these players btw are very active, not the type that log in once a day and dump everything into swaps.
so why are active, long term, and very knowable players doing this.
I think that you will find the answer if you look at the contributions after a GB levels. My guess is that the players with the hyper-levelled ARCs frequently grabbed up the top positions for less than 1.9 (i.e. took a big profit) while the junior members wound up in P6 and lower. I have a L179 ARC and never tried to level any of my GBs using swaps (well maybe a little when I was a noob and I didn't know better).
it's a bizarre phenomenon, it feels like swaps threads are a virus that is taking over the game. every guild you join have them, i've only seen maybe 2 high lvl guilds that don't have swaps.
i even started in a new world and never used swaps, my Arc is in the 90's and the problem i have with the world, is 1.9 threads are so slow, not many ppl use them cause they are all in the swaps...so frustrating.

IMO, swap threads aren't a "virus", instead they are a tool by which the upper ranked players can prey on the lower ranked ones. FOE "Darwinism". The guild that I have been in for the past 18 months on my main world has no swaps threads and the 1.9s move lightning fast.

hippobuttamus

IMO, swap threads aren't a "virus", instead they are a tool by which the upper ranked players can prey on the lower ranked ones. FOE "Darwinism". The guild that I have been in for the past 18 months on my main world has no swaps threads and the 1.9s move lightning fast.
so the reason swaps are still a thing is so the experienced players can take advantage of the inexperienced players by cheating them while telling them it's helping them.

Ebeondi Asi

so the reason swaps are still a thing is so the experienced players can take advantage of the inexperienced players by cheating them while telling them it's helping them.
totally yes. The player who "win' in swaps are the players who can have the largest flow of FPs through the swap threads. and those players are all long time players.. New and weaker players are fodder for them.
One added 'trick' for long time big players is to lock up all the other players FPs in their own GBs they seldom level. By holding ransom piles of FPs of other Guildies, they then can do more in the swaps than the other players. (I know of at least one Guild leader who does this. all his GBs are filled and seldom to never ever leveled.

As for most Guilds having swaps, Swaps were the only method prior to the introduction of the Arc Great Building. So they are no new, they are the old way. They are simpler. no complicated math and no lock to worry about.
All three of my Guilds do not use swaps at all.

And the speed of 1.9 is one huge reason to belong to a big, active Guild!!! Small Guilds cannot match the numbers in a big active Guild.
My Guilds the 1.9 offers are taken within a few minutes. (not a few hours or days LOL)
I tend to always take the P4 P5 since they tend to sit. Over time I realized my being an asset to my Guilds is to really work those. I let the bigger players with top Arcs take P1 P2 P3 since they earn way more than I do on FP returns. better for the Guild! (Guilds I am in no one is asking for prints... Which is the other reason to take P4 P5 so i and not shutting anyone out of getting prints..)

Last edited: