• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Syrian Rebellion

DeletedUser

The only true solution (short term) is a treaty between all parties. Problem is that there won't be one as long as external forces (USA, China and Russia) keep picking sides to support. A treaty can't be forced externally but needs to be supported from within. Just as overthrowing a regime from one side (Americans in combination with the rebels) isn't going to solve the issue. Getting rid of Assad isn't going to help you getting rid of the secret services, the army or the police. All of these parties need to be taken down (not literally) and rebuild. This can only be done in a proper way if there is a consensus about the fact that things need to change and not te be forced to change.
Anerican politics is often unnecessarily polarised, I agree, however this issue is probably one that ought to be. A short term cease fire is great, the bloodshed stops, we all agree, however nothing changes in the long run. No dictator is just going to magically come to the conclusion that they need to start rebuilding the police, secret services and army. These things are exactly what's keeping the dictator above the consensus people began protesting for. Some kind of force or catalyst needs to be applied, and I'll be damned if a finger waving from the toothless U.N. does it ;)

DeletedUser34

and I'll be damned if a finger waving from the toothless U.N. does it ;)
Hahahahaha
on a serious note, oh wait, we were discussing the UN...nevermind....

no seriously, we can't have the rebels win, and the regime is vile, so what to do? That is a serious issue that I am not sure there is an answer to. Not sure what moron set up the UN, I bet it was an American though......But the way it is set up, the UN is worse than useless and can not be depended on for a peaceful solution either way. The UN is like a dog with its nuts cut off, all bark, and doesn't know how to use it.

DeletedUser185

Might I pose something we should ask "hmmmm????" Does it have anything to do with geography of the world? I.E., Iraq is in the center kinda of the middle east, oil rich area or a good interest to the Federal Reserve (BTW, the Federal Reserve has not ANYTHING to do with the US Government, other than run it by the 10-12 people that run it).

Oh, let's not forget how they had chemical weapons in Iraq, OMG, wait a sec, isn't nuclear weapon a bigger threat? (N.Korea), Nah, not today, they have no resources, just a bunch of starving people, lets get back to the middle east. Iran is a bigger threat than N. Korea, (they have more to offer us, if we get in a fight with them, more than N. Korea.

Why is Cuba still off limits to us, Russia is not suppose to be a threat anymore, why is the teeny island of Cuba? Crap that happen 40+ years ago??? Or do we still question Russia....LOL

What about the fact that every US soldier carries a rifle, that every single bullet is made in China? We owe China more money than we have, where is the paid advertisements "Are You In Debt??" haha

If China, which has a major control over the US, cut us off today, just think of the chaos, the downfall this country would be in immediately???

I mean all respect to every that reads this, but my goodness, do you really think a little long bearded man (not the Messiah), could screw up the world a fraction as much as a nation with true financial power, true military power? I would have to say the odds would be against the taliban.

We have only been a nation for just over 200 years, yes, with super power, but that could change in a couple years, then what????

DeletedUser34

Might I pose something we should ask "hmmmm????" Does it have anything to do with geography of the world? I.E., Iraq is in the center kinda of the middle east, oil rich area or a good interest to the Federal Reserve (BTW, the Federal Reserve has not ANYTHING to do with the US Government, other than run it by the 10-12 people that run it).

Oh, let's not forget how they had chemical weapons in Iraq, OMG, wait a sec, isn't nuclear weapon a bigger threat? (N.Korea), Nah, not today, they have no resources, just a bunch of starving people, lets get back to the middle east. Iran is a bigger threat than N. Korea, (they have more to offer us, if we get in a fight with them, more than N. Korea.

Why is Cuba still off limits to us, Russia is not suppose to be a threat anymore, why is the teeny island of Cuba? Crap that happen 40+ years ago??? Or do we still question Russia....LOL

What about the fact that every US soldier carries a rifle, that every single bullet is made in China? We owe China more money than we have, where is the paid advertisements "Are You In Debt??" haha

If China, which has a major control over the US, cut us off today, just think of the chaos, the downfall this country would be in immediately???

I mean all respect to every that reads this, but my goodness, do you really think a little long bearded man (not the Messiah), could screw up the world a fraction as much as a nation with true financial power, true military power? I would have to say the odds would be against the taliban.

We have only been a nation for just over 200 years, yes, with super power, but that could change in a couple years, then what????

Totally NOT in the mood to interpret riddles. If you have a point, please make it because I saw no point in your post.

DeletedUser22

Anerican politics is often unnecessarily polarised, I agree, however this issue is probably one that ought to be. A short term cease fire is great, the bloodshed stops, we all agree, however nothing changes in the long run. No dictator is just going to magically come to the conclusion that they need to start rebuilding the police, secret services and army. These things are exactly what's keeping the dictator above the consensus people began protesting for. Some kind of force or catalyst needs to be applied, and I'll be damned if a finger waving from the toothless U.N. does it ;)

With having a consensus about getting rid of the current system (and leader) i meant consensus in the entire region and the global players. Attacking Syria without a (negotiated) backdoor for Assad to escape through will make it a catastrophy for all involved. Even more when Russia keeps sending ships with weapons towards Syria.

And as I said before, picking sides by external forces isn't going to help the cease fire either. The only ones who should pick sides are the ones directly involved. Third parties should not let their own agenda work through in this. Why would Assad support a treaty set up by the USA when he knows that all they want is to get rid of him? And why would the rebels support a treaty that came from Russia who's weapons are being a big reason why so many of them died? Third parties should only look after uphoalding the treaty instead of forcing one.

DeletedUser34

So here we are. So now I am curious, is a vacuum still better than a dictator?

DeletedUser34

GAH!!! I am still taking a break....It is working isn't it?

No seriously, Is there any excuse for all these riots? Especially in Libya and Egypt. I mean, where does it stop? All this over a spoof of a movie that doesn't really exist? What excuse will they use the next time, AND will we have to keep giving up our differences in order to placate the obnoxious element? We have Angelina going around asking for help in Syria, and you see crap like this (which mind you set off on 9/11) and think, oh hell no, Dictators are welcome!!

and Query....I own a Dyson...don't be knockin the cyclones!

DeletedUser1771

I know this is not a group that necessarily patronizes ballet but a particular performance it still so right on to what is happening...its a ballet called "The Green Table" by the Joffery Ballet if you ever get a chance to see it it is one you will not forget...

DeletedUser

Military intervention is not the solution for Syria.......

.....Problem is that there won't be one as long as external forces (USA, China and Russia) keep picking sides to support. A treaty can't be forced externally but needs to be supported from within. Just as overthrowing a regime from one side (Americans in combination with the rebels) isn't going to solve the issue. Getting rid of Assad isn't going to help you getting rid of the secret services, the army or the police. All of these parties need to be taken down (not literally) and rebuild. This can only be done in a proper way if there is a consensus about the fact that things need to change and not te be forced to change.

As long as the international community is still (secretly or not) supporting one side in this conflict, nothing is going to change.

I couldn't agree more.