• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] TE design or bug?

Darkbox

Hello,
Recently moved to Tomorrow Era and noticed that there's no one walking in the streets anymore, instead, i see some strange flying "things" like those below:

FGWnGeK.png
0hfWc56.png

Reloading, turning city animations on/off did not bring back the people... Is this by design?

If so? Why do we need roads and 2 lane streets when everything can just fly :):p

DeletedUser8152

Its not like they take weeks to show up... if you watch your city for 5 min you should see people walking. There's a guy on a hoverboard...

DeletedUser8152

Well heck I just turned on animations and I don't see any cars or people either. Does anyone have them right now?

... I do see cars in other people's cities when I turn animations on for them. And at least some other people in my guild see their own people.

... and other people can see mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

OK, got it: you have to turn on smoke animations to see them. And then refresh, and/or go to the GvG or continent map and return.

Darkbox

OK, got it: you have to turn on smoke animations to see them. And then refresh, and/or go to the GvG or continent map and return.
Thank you Jaelis. I followed your instructions but it still does not work.

I also tried accessing FOE on a brand new computer and, no dice... Smoke and everything is there and no one on the streets :(

eOYv5sF.jpg

The people are not an essential part of the game but it makes the whole thing nicer and lively on a giant screen :D:D

Maybe time to submit a ticket?

BTW, i'm not able to see people in others players cities past CE even when all the animations are turned on no their end...

Anyone else having that issue?

DeletedUser15042

Weird, I know it use to work for me. I turned off all animations a few months ago when the game was messing up, I have left them off. Just turned them on and nothing.

jkl51

I'm in the High Middle Ages now, but this has been a problem for me since I was in the Early Middle Ages. I just tried turning off the animations and turning them back on, but it didn't fix the problem.

DeletedUser8420

question, might it be in connection the exceeded video card error?

Darkbox

question, might it be in connection the exceeded video card error?

Hi Cassaundrea,

Sorry about the delay, stopped monitoring this thread. I am not sure what that error message is but i have the same issue, whether playing on a computer using an onboard gpu with shared memory, or a computer with a GTX 560. Doesn't matter if it's ran on Win 7, 8 or 10, same issue.

So i ended up contacting support and here is the answer i got:

Hello Darkbox,

Thank you for reporting this potential issue to us, Darkbox. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. This issue is presently being worked on by the developers and will be repaired in an upcoming update.

Respectfully,

Well, update 7.72 has been implemented and I have the same issue, so I guess I will get back to them.

DeletedUser32284

Anyone been able to get the drones to fly into each other? Lol